News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match fixing do you think it exists in the premier league ????

Started by Conway on the wing, December 29, 2013, 09:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conway on the wing

Artful Dodger

I reckon someone somewhere had a few quid on Hull winning 6-0 yesterday........
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

alexbishop

That MUST be why we lost six nil yesterday! I knew it...no premiership football team could truly be that that bad on purpose ;p
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Andy S

It would almost be a blessing if that was the case. Certain players banned for life because that is what some of them deserve. Their inept performance got Jol the sack a few weeks back and we could see that meulensteen had done something about tactics. There are players out there that need to take a long hard look at them selves and ask a question or two

win-dup

No most definitely not. I was tipped off Friday by my brother's friend who works in Singapore that Fulham would lose 7-0 against Hull and put a £100 quid on the result at 66/1 so it's just rumours by troublemakers.

Tempest

Le Tissier has admitted to spot fixing so I feel certain that other players have tried to affect a game by scoring own goals/bookings/sending off. When you see what those lower league players were getting to be sent off/booked I would imagine the financial benefits are appealing to the greedy PL players out there. JT at Chelsea on £150k plus a week still felt the need to accept cash for private tours of Wembley/Bridge so where there is that sort of greed all things are possible.

Live in Falmouth!

Ichabod Magoo

No, match fixing only happens in countries that don't speak English   :022: ... despite the extra time minutes ManU got for the last 20 years when needing a goal or the lack of penalty calls against the big clubs in crucial situations or the horrendous offside calls in certain stadiums.  May not be defined as match fixing but the effect is the same.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

ToodlesMcToot

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Rhys Lightning 63

I don't think I can flat out say no, however I think with so much media coverage and so many people involved, someone somewhere would spill the beans at some point
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Burt

When the floodlights went out when we played ManU last season my first reaction was that this was down to betting... I know it wasn't match fixing per se, but you do get people betting on "things happening" during a match.

Artful Dodger

DJ Campbell is said to be furious that he has been accused of match fixing and will miss the New Years Day 2-2 with Millwall!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Matt Inglis

Probably. How can it not be? There will be some greedy bugger out there getting yellows or conceding corners.
It will all be petty though, though that should not justify it.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

grandad

I don´t think there is match fixing but there could be some dodgy dealings with bookings.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RidgeRider

There was a news story I posted on this site about a month ago about match fixing and some players that were arrested who were involved on the scheme.

DJ Campbell was one of them and the other three were in the lower leagues. It appears 'red cards' were their method of fixing matches.

If you are in the Prem, you are making good money already, so less motivation to choose this path, but I could see it happening with a big enough brown envelope for a young player who is on the fringes of a bottom half of the table Prem side (meaning not on big wages).

Wimbledon_White

Spot giving certainly does.
Didn't Merson admit to kicking the ball out of play straight from kick off to ensure the opposition take the first throw-in, something he and friends of his had bet on.
Might not be Merson, sorry for slandering him. Or is it libel?!
I dunno...anyway I have heard that story somewhere.

Wimbledon_White

John Terry took £10k cash to show someone round the Cobham training ground.
Not match fixing but amusing all the same; it was a fake sheik journo!
Dimwit!

Keefy