watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Celtic could land on-loan striker Diomansy Kamara for cut-price £2.5m from FFC

Started by Huge, May 13, 2010, 04:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huge

.Celtic could land on-loan striker Diomansy Kamara for cut-price £2.5m from Fulham
May 13 2010 Exclusive by Craig Swan

CELTIC could keep Diomansy Kamara for a cut-price £2.5million.

The Senegalese striker has been a hit at Parkhead since arriving on loan from Europa League finalists Fulham at the end of January.

Despite being hampered by a hamstring injury Kamara has impressed Celtic supporters with strong performances and three goals.

The 29-year-old has indicated he would like to make the move from Craven Cottage a permanent arrangement - but the Hoops hierarchy are going to have to stump up.

Kamara has a year left on his contract at the Cottage and the Londoners are looking for around £3million to let him go.

But Record Sport understands Celtic could get their man for £500,000 less as Fulham shuffle their pack.

The SPL side have first option on taking his £20,000 a week contract - but clubs in Europe have also been alerted.

Kamara wants to stay and he said: "At the moment I don't know what is happening as my loan is finished here.

"I will go back there but my priority is to stay at Celtic so we will wait and see what happens.

"If I can stay at Celtic I would be happy as I enjoyed my time here.

"When you are outside you know Celtic are a massive club but when you come here you understand why this is.

"There is a great structure, you can work properly and everyone is like a family, which really surprises me as at big teams you don't feel like you are at home.

"And the good thing is that if you come back you don't have to have a long time to adapt.

"Sometimes you need a few games or months to adapt to a new club but now I know exactly what I can do here."

Kamara said he had been frustrated by his injury - and insisted his best was yet to come.

He added: "I played okay. But if I have a good preparation before the league starts I can show Celtic supporters my best football.

"I really don't consider myself a Fulham player at the moment.

"When I came here it was never in my mind it was just for six months "This is a big club which has big ambitions for next season.

"We can compete in Europe and Celtic want to win the title next season.

"This is a big challenge and something I want to be part of.

"I think Fulham might want too much money for me considering I could leave for free the year after.

"If we can have some good discussions, I hope the price is not too high - because I want to stay at Celtic."
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/05/13/celtic-could-land-striker-diomansy-kamara-for-cut-price-2-5m-86908-22254863/
The Dude abides

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Take the money and get him off the wage bill,Thanks and good bye :dft010:

Tom

Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

Always liked Kamara but at 2.5 million quid it is hardly cut price. Sorry to see him go but failed too often.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tonywa

Another great piece of business by Lawrie Sanchez, the man who gave you Hammeur Bouaza and Lee Cook. Now just how much did those two cost us?

Lighthouse

How much did AJ cost? Come on, every manager makes some transfers that turn out poorly. Kamara was good business and scored goals that saved and made Fulham Millions.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Problem with unloading Kamara is the guy is nearly ALWAYS injured. It is nearly ridiculous. I say sell him for the best offer and be done with it.

CorkedHat

He might have been handy to have brought on as a sub in the Europa Cup Final.
His goal against Man City during our Great Escape will live with me for evermore
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

HatterDon

McBride would have helped as well, Mr. Hat, but like Kamara, Brian is yesterdays man. Cut the cord and let Joe go.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Tonywa on May 15, 2010, 01:25:53 PM
Another great piece of business by Lawrie Sanchez, the man who gave you Hammeur Bouaza and Lee Cook. Now just how much did those two cost us?

Totalled up?
£7,4m

Scrumpy

:005: I'll be amazed if we get £2.5 million for him. 12 months left on his contract? He could go for nothing this time next year.

Flashes of absolute quality - about 3 times a season! Take the money Roy.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

FulhamGK

Quote from: Huge on May 13, 2010, 04:14:12 PM

"When I came here it was never in my mind it was just for six months "This is a big club which has big ambitions for next season.

Where have I heard that quote before?  :005: Big ambitions huh?!?!  :020:
Don't mess with Texas!

SoCalJoe

Whatever he cost from Brom (6 million?) the 2 goals at Citeh alone proved to be worth the investment. Dio will be sold and it won't be a shock if it's less than the 2.5 reported. 
You can observe a lot by just watching.