watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Squad

Started by FFC1999, December 29, 2013, 11:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1999

Personally the only players I am fine with starting are Parker kasami taarabt riether. We can't move up the table with players like Sidwell I am sorry. We need players that are willing to work so sell berba and get a goal scorer that'll work. I have been to 10 away games this season and want to see a hardworking performance obviously. So get your cash out khan!

Sgt Fulham

Unfair bashing of Sidwell when others like Ruiz are a lot worse. I believe that Sidwell should be a squad player however, not a regular first team player if we want to climb the league.

twang

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 30, 2013, 12:41:58 AM
Unfair bashing of Sidwell when others like Ruiz are a lot worse. I believe that Sidwell should be a squad player however, not a regular first team player if we want to climb the league.

Yeah, I'm not a great fan of Sidwell but he's an OK squad player to have around.

What's telling though is how we've gone from having Dembele, Murphy and Diarra fighting for two or sometimes three midfield spots to having Sidwell as the mainstay of our midfield.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FFC1999 on December 29, 2013, 11:43:02 PM
Personally the only players I am fine with starting are Parker kasami taarabt riether. We can't move up the table with players like Sidwell I am sorry. We need players that are willing to work so sell berba and get a goal scorer that'll work. I have been to 10 away games this season and want to see a hardworking performance obviously. So get your cash out khan!

Sidwell is limited but he's got a some important goals this season and that goal threat is very welcome. So yes maybe we can do better but he has his uses. Berba has been class since Rene took over and I think we need him if we're going to stay up, so long as he maintains a positive attitude. I like Taarabt but he's still a work in progress.

Burt

Sidwell is just what you need in a relegation scrap. Someone who gives 110%, not afraid to get stuck in, and who bags the occasional goal.

JBH

Why didn't you post this after the win at Norwich  fp.gif

Artful Dodger

There's a place for a Sidwell in a premier league team when you have a Murphy or Dembele alongside him and it's not his fault that we have lost that sort of player and not replaced them. Liverpool have Lucas who is always slated but he has Gerrard next to him, Chelsea have Mikel but he has Hazard and co so I think it is harsh to pick on Sidwell who at leasts puts in 100% each week and does score the odd goal.

However, I agree that beyond the 3 or 4 players you mention, you wouldn't pick most of them over the 2010 squad - Parker for Etuhu and Reither for Pantsil / Baird and maybe Kasami equal to Gera but other than that it's back to the drawing board.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

jarv

I wish the Sidwell bashers would give it a rest. Nobody on here thinks he is the next coming of Gascoigne or Gerrard but he fights 100% for the team. That is what he is and does, many teams have a Sidwell but it already has been said, he needs more talent around him. We do have that in Parker and I think it showed (big time) that Sidders performance was limited without Parker alongside him.

What I think did work in the last few much improved games was that we had 3 fighters in the middle of the park. That was missing this week.
Sidwell needs Parker and Kara needs Sidwell. Kara looked VERY tired against Hull. Understandable at his age.