watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

arsenal track berbatov??

Started by Fulham4life, December 30, 2013, 05:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham4life

Although he has been better since jols departure it wouldn't bother me, but from an arsenal perspective, why would you want him, they have the money to buy a top class striker which they need, like Diego Costa from athletico Madrid, berb wouldn't fit there style of play.. weird one for me, sky sports news was the source for that one, saw it on the tv earlier... Thoughts?

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Fulham4life on December 30, 2013, 05:51:12 PM
Although he has been better since jols departure it wouldn't bother me, but from an arsenal perspective, why would you want him, they have the money to buy a top class striker which they need, like Diego Costa from athletico Madrid, berb wouldn't fit there style of play.. weird one for me, sky sports news was the source for that one, saw it on the tv earlier... Thoughts?

I think he would be a good back up for them. And i think he would exactly fit their style of play.

Would not bother me if he left, as long as we get a reasonable striker in.

Pluto

Can't see why he's move there to sit on the bench every week. Also considering they need a goal scorer and his goal tally this season is so dire, I don't see why they'd want him.

win-dup

west kowloon white

The bench at Arsenal would probably suit him but no chance of finding a replacement anywhere near his class to come in January.

Burt

I hope he prefers guaranteed first team football (with us) to benchwarming (with any of the so called bigger clubs).

He has looked rejuvenated under Rene and that can only be good for us.

Fulham76

He'd be perfect for Arsenal's style of play. The amount of chances they'd create for him, he'd score plenty of goals, although doubt he'd be a regular starter.
His goal scoring record for us this season has been poor but he simply hasn't had the service.

valdeingruo

Logically thinking, it would make sense from Arsenal's view. Any player of the caliber above listed in this thread would cost an arm and a leg this transfer window. Where as if you sent a few pounds to Fulham for Berbatov, you have ample cover for Giroud. There is no bedding in time for your back up and you know he is plenty capabable of scoring.

However, I am in agreeance with Burt. Though his attitude could use some work sometimes, he would rather be playing than not, or he would be warming the bench at a bigger club.

Under Rene, he seems to have gotten back to his old self, provided that form continues we are better with him than without. Realistically, who could we bring in during this window that WILL score goals, without breaking the bank.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

YoungsBitter

Berbs value to anyone in the Champions League is that he is not cup tied. he also has some CL unfinished business due to Ferguson not even putting him on the bench for CL Final. Therefore there may be some logic for someone to come in for him who are in Cl knock out stages and needs more strike power and Arse definitely fit that bill. However I would be sad to see him go, under RM he looked great but I am not sure he wants to be relegated and Saturday's performance may have persuaded him its time to move on. I could see Chelsea come in for him too and so the real clue will be whether he plays against Wet Spam, if not then he is away.
Quark, strangeness and charm

farfouille

Quote from: Burt on December 30, 2013, 06:22:14 PM
I hope he prefers guaranteed first team football (with us) to benchwarming (with any of the so called bigger clubs).
He does prefer first team football - that's why he rejected Juventus. Believe it or not, he LOVES playing football. Perhaps even more than he loves money.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

mccscratch

Berbatov would scores bags of goals for Arsenal... especially against the bottom half of the table as they have so much possession and he would get service/chances galore... he is far more clinical than Giroud...

and he would not have to constantly be patrolling the middle of the park to try and get a touch on the ball...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

valdeingruo

Quote from: mccscratch on December 30, 2013, 07:44:44 PM
Berbatov would scores bags of goals for Arsenal... especially against the bottom half of the table as they have so much possession and he would get service/chances galore... he is far more clinical than Giroud...

and he would not have to constantly be patrolling the middle of the park to try and get a touch on the ball...

I know they are injured at the moment, but imagine what Berbatov would do with service from Ozil or Ramsey.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Count Berbatov

Berbatov is priceless in and around the penalty area.
Arsenal will hit the jackpot with him. Berba will push Giroud out of the starting XI within a couple of weeks to a month
Berba loves to work his way to the goal and if Arsenal are in for him.. Imagine the beauty

Maybe now is the time and place for me to say, that I would love for Berbs to stay at Fulham. Especially if Arsenal aren't actually in for him. But so much depends on your January transfer window activity... Or Khan
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Furby

This actually started with Perry Groves on TalkSport over the weekend saying it's a no brainer for Arsenal to sign him as he thinks Berbatov will try harder with better players around him.

davew

Unfortunately I am not a Berbatov fan, there is no doubt he is the most skilful player that we have but when it comes to effort and positive attitude marks out of 10 would be minimal. Reminds me a lot of Johnny Haynes, though I think Haynes was better!! I am not sure how his attitude and treatment as "our star player" must affect the other players"? I agree that he would perform better in a team containing more skilful players, the rumour that Barca were interested is believable!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Berserker

Unfortunately I think he will leave in January as he won't take the chance of being relegated
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham_Surrey

Berba is much better than Giroud, even at this age.  Anybody that has played football or understands football can tell you that.  The issue is, is Berba good for a club that is stuck in relegation battle and will he be motivated to play hard every week?

RaySmith

Well, from his performances since Rene arrived, and his goals last season, he can be crucial in saving us.

I think it's very important that we  keep him.

Admin

Quote from: RaySmith on December 30, 2013, 11:08:25 PM
Well, from his performances since Rene arrived, and his goals last season, he can be crucial in saving us.

I think it's very important that we  keep him.

Said it all along, the key to us staying up this season, is to make sure we keep hold of Berbatov, at all costs. He can do what he likes in the summer, if we rebuild. His individual performances alone would win you 2-3 extra games this season.