watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loan who from where?

Started by Furby, December 30, 2013, 06:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

How many quality players can we actually loan? If Bent and Taraabt are our two allotted Premiership loaned players, we can therefore only go for players in the English lower leagues, from abroad or send both Bent and Taraabt back to free the two Premiership player maximum places again.  If those are our options who would you get or what would you do?

ToodlesMcToot

I say we go for broke and loan in Iniesta and Demichelis.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

They're from La Liga by the way.  :005:

Jamie88

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 30, 2013, 06:57:28 PM

Demichelis? The Man City guy? He made Amorebieta look composed.

jmh

Quote from: Furby on December 30, 2013, 06:52:30 PM
How many quality players can we actually loan? If Bent and Taraabt are our two allotted Premiership loaned players, we can therefore only go for players in the English lower leagues, from abroad or send both Bent and Taraabt back to free the two Premiership player maximum places again.  If those are our options who would you get or what would you do?
Taarabt isn't from the Premier League.

Furby

Quote from: jmh on December 30, 2013, 07:17:36 PM
Quote from: Furby on December 30, 2013, 06:52:30 PM
Taarabt isn't from the Premier League.

Yep sorry, what a Wally. My baaad.  :doh:

MOR :

McManaman, Maloney - Wigan
Deeney - Watford
Max Gradel - St Etienne
Sako - Wolves
Clarke - Coventry

I'm looking at younger legs of course... and I'm not sure of what's available on the continent...

Furby

Maloney is a good shout, along with Deeney but both are from domestic teams. So you'd have to send one or both of Bent or Taraabt back to their parent clubs to free up the maximum of two players from English leagues.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 30, 2013, 07:01:49 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 30, 2013, 06:57:28 PM

Demichelis? The Man City guy? He made Amorebieta look composed.

Having a pretty good season in Spain though. Feel free to substitute Sergio Ramos if you like.

Furby

Surely you mean Juande Ramos as a substitute CB!?!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Furby on December 30, 2013, 08:04:15 PM
Surely you mean Juande Ramos as a substitute CB!?!

I take it you think Sergio is too young.

Furby

If he's under 40, then of course he is.  :005:

Craven Mad

I thought the loan rule related to two domestic players, not two players from the same league - therefore we have filled our 2 current slots and would have to return them to take another..

Please correct me if I'm wrong, though, as I'm not 100%.

Anyways,

Young players from abroad, possibly available to loan: Isaac Cuenca, Morata, Kovacic, Weiser, Jedvaj

Young Players from to loan from Eng: DeBruyne, Zaha, Rodwell

I think that any of those players could seriously improve our chances, and could be tempted to join as almost guaranteed playing time in the prem.. Thoughts?

Burt

FOOTBALL LEAGUE RULES
There are restrictions on the number of domestic loan signings a club can make.   

Articles 52 and 53 of the Football League Rules relate to domestic players moving from a league governed by the Football Association. Article 52.2 states that:
"Standard ... loan transfers shall be allowed to or from Clubs in membership of The Football League, The Premier League, The Football Conference, Northern Premier League, Isthmian League and Southern League..."

Articles 52.3 and 53.2 go on to limit the amount of loan players a team can have in any one season and name in the match day team sheet:
"52.3.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (Standard, Emergency or Youth) can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League.
53.2.4 A Club can have a maximum of 4 Players under 23 and a further 4 Players over 23 on a Standard Loan during any Season...
53.2.5 No more than 2 Players who are over 23 may join one Club from another Club on a Standard Loan in any Season."

PREMIER LEAGUE RULES
The Premier League rules relating to temporary loan transfers are contained in Section 5, Rule V5 to V10 of the Premier League Handbook.  They restrict the number of loan players a Premier League team can have in one season to four and no more than one player can be loaned from a particular club. No more than two players can be registered at one time by a club (unless that player becomes permanent or is an emergency goalkeeper).

LOOPHOLE
Neither the Premier League nor the Football League rules contain such restrictions in relation to international loans. When a player joins a club from an international association, the leagues recognise that player as a new signing. They do not register that player as a loan signing but as a permanent transfer while FIFA recognise the player as being on loan. So, in essence, a team could have 11 international loan players in the team on a match day without breaking any Premier League or Football League regulations.

K33NY

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 30, 2013, 09:50:14 PM
I thought the loan rule related to two domestic players, not two players from the same league - therefore we have filled our 2 current slots and would have to return them to take another..

Anyways,

Young players from abroad, possibly available to loan: Isaac Cuenca, Morata, Kovacic, Weiser, Jedvaj

I think that any of those players could seriously improve our chances, and could be tempted to join as almost guaranteed playing time in the prem.. Thoughts?

I would like to see DeBruyne, Zaha! :)

JackyFulham90

I think we should try & loan De Bruyne or Zaha, sending back Bent wouldn't be the end of the world, I actually rate Taarabt hope we keep him

Steven Ageroad

Whoever we get in needs to "hit the ground running", none of this "he's not quite fully fit" or "he just recovering from injury and needs a couple more weeks" or "he needs a work permit".

Ichabod Magoo

Anyways,

Kovacic is a huge talent.  He is Inter's only player that can pass and dribble so I don't think they will loan him.

I wouldn't mind de Jong from Gladbach.  He's buried on their bench since he doesn't fit their one touch passing game.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on December 31, 2013, 04:33:30 AM

Anyways,

Kovacic is a huge talent.  He is Inter's only player that can pass and dribble so I don't think they will loan him.

I wouldn't mind de Jong from Gladbach.  He's buried on their bench since he doesn't fit their one touch passing game.
But Rene seems to be introducing a one touch passing game to Fulham. Certainly we've played that way in flashes, the Aston Villa game was most noticeable.