watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I am worried we are turning into the Jacksonville Jaguars

Started by The Rock, December 30, 2013, 07:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

With Wilkins and Curbs we now have one of the best coaching staffs (very arguably, not really, just go with me here). We have the best academy and a top youth side. We have one of the best grounds in the country, with all the ammenities.

The first thing we learnt (or I did) was about Jacksonville are about the wonderful facilities that Kahn has provided the palyers, the beautiful stadium and the best rescources available.

It seems we also have crap players in common and a bottom of the league team and it worries me. This January will be very telling. I saw that article that Fulham will only be doing loan deals come January; and maybe that's just the papers winding everyone up, but time will tell, and I am not one to argue history and have little faith in Kahn. Guilty until proven innocent as far as I'm concerned.

Denver Fulham

Again, I ask: What evidence is there so far to support a position that Khan isn't willing to spend money on Fulham?

He hasn't had a transfer window under his purview yet. He's hired a (pricy) head coach, sacked a manager, and hired two other guys to help his head coach. He's already approved one January loan for Dempsey.

Rich people don't get rich by investing 150 million pounds in an asset and letting it drop to 60 million pounds inside 10 months.

General

Umm... Haven't they started winning games recently? ... We definitely by public positions held or reputations have one of the most diverse and creditable (kind of) first team staff, but not really have a manager.. The way we are building it though makes a managers role coming into the club now almost untenable from the start.... Do any of these coaches have expertise in coaching defenders?

It feels as if we are quickly becoming everyone's experiment club, where all the best coaches go to see if they can manage... I would love to see hiddink at the club, but maybe once we have less coaches of repute...?

Whatever is going on i suppose its far from stable and boring? Suppose its one way for clubs and people to keep talking about our club....?

General

Quote from: Denver Fulham on December 30, 2013, 08:00:50 PM
Again, I ask: What evidence is there so far to support a position that Khan isn't willing to spend money on Fulham?

He hasn't had a transfer window under his purview yet. He's hired a (pricy) head coach, sacked a manager, and hired two other guys to help his head coach. He's already approved one January loan for Dempsey.

Rich people don't get rich by investing 150 million pounds in an asset and letting it drop to 60 million pounds inside 10 months.

Unless you're the venkeys.... Just saying. They were cuckoo from the beginning... Get it? ... Packing bags now, haha.

JBH

:plus one:
I am sick and tired of people on here being so negative!  Rene has already got more points in his first few games thsn woy did without even being able to bring players in during the January window give him an effing chance and get behind him  :028:

Furby

Quote from: General on December 30, 2013, 08:03:02 PM

Unless you're the venkeys.... Just saying. They were cuckoo from the beginning... Get it? ... Packing bags now, haha.

Clucking awful joke

ToodlesMcToot

Do we have a Red Herring emoticon that I don't know about?

How on Earth is Khan the issue? He's had few opportunities to put his stamp on things and from what I can tell has put his foot right from the start. I guess that he could be criticized for retaining Jol too long, but this would not have come without Ali Mac's advice and so many in football at large were expressing their concern that he be given the time to turn things around.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Craven Mad

I did think the same, but then I got realistic; we're putting together a great back room, we have good young players coming through, the stadium is soon to be renovated - the owner clearly is here for the long-haul. There hasn't been an adequate opportunity to invest yet, but the manager is making all the right comments about the jan window.

As I keep saying, start judging Rene after the end of Jan. He's currently doing better than our best ever manager did, who joined the club after approx £20 mil of spending.

Everyone is moaning about the lack of investment so far but, to my mind, the owner is settling in and has been building from the ground up. I don't think he trusted Jol, so didn't want to throw money to him. I get the feeling he trusts Rene, and understands the needs of the team, hence why he is allowing Rene to choose a very talented/expensive back room.

Everyone needs to relax a little - at least until the West Ham result!

mccscratch

Quote from: The Rock on December 30, 2013, 07:55:46 PM
With Wilkins and Curbs we now have one of the best coaching staffs (very arguably, not really, just go with me here). We have the best academy and a top youth side. We have one of the best grounds in the country, with all the ammenities.

The first thing we learnt (or I did) was about Jacksonville are about the wonderful facilities that Kahn has provided the palyers, the beautiful stadium and the best rescources available.

It seems we also have crap players in common and a bottom of the league team and it worries me. This January will be very telling. I saw that article that Fulham will only be doing loan deals come January; and maybe that's just the papers winding everyone up, but time will tell, and I am not one to argue history and have little faith in Kahn. Guilty until proven innocent as far as I'm concerned.

the NFL and the PL are completely different animals and Jacksonville did better than many expected this year getting 4 wins, some thought they would get 1 or even 0... give Kahn time he will back the club with his full weight.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

jj____

As an American who follows the NFL closely, it fascinates me how uninformed this message board is on how American football works and the market the Jaguars play in.  Shahid Khan inherited two pretty bad teams if we're being frank, but the one thing thats positive is that you can turn a PL team around quicker than you can an NFL team. 

Logicalman

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 30, 2013, 08:16:00 PM
Everyone needs to relax a little - at least until tomorrows result!

What's happening tomorrow then?  :023:

Logicalman

Quote from: jj____ on December 30, 2013, 08:44:05 PM
As an American who follows the NFL closely, it fascinates me how uninformed this message board is on how American football works and the market the Jaguars play in.  Shahid Khan inherited two pretty bad teams if we're being frank, but the one thing thats positive is that you can turn a PL team around quicker than you can an NFL team.  

I'd imagine it's not dissimilar to how the English Premier League works (or even football in general) is on the Jaguars board, perhaps?

Though that shouldn't really stop people putting in their thoughts, and others explaining where they might be misinformed, rather than just telling them their wrong, does it?

Oh, and I don't think Khan inherited anything, he should have known what he was buying, unless he was uninformed, of course!!

jj____

Quote from: Logicalman on December 30, 2013, 09:04:26 PM
Quote from: jj____ on December 30, 2013, 08:44:05 PM
As an American who follows the NFL closely, it fascinates me how uninformed this message board is on how American football works and the market the Jaguars play in.  Shahid Khan inherited two pretty bad teams if we're being frank, but the one thing thats positive is that you can turn a PL team around quicker than you can an NFL team. 

I'd imagine it's not dissimilar to how the English Premier League works (or even football in general) is on the Jaguars board, perhaps?

Though that shouldn't really stop people putting in their thoughts, and others explaining where they might be misinformed, rather than just telling them their wrong, does it?
Misinformed?  AKA not being right? BKA being wrong?

Craven Mad

Quote from: Logicalman on December 30, 2013, 09:01:29 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on December 30, 2013, 08:16:00 PM
Everyone needs to relax a little - at least until tomorrows result!

What's happening tomorrow then?  :023:

Derp...

*changes original post to not look like an idiot*

jj____

Quote from: Logicalman on December 30, 2013, 09:04:26 PM

Oh, and I don't think Khan inherited anything, he should have known what he was buying, unless he was uninformed, of course!!
yeah, im not going to sit here and wax semantics with you.

jj____

The only thing I'm insulted about is you using the term "hand-egg" and expecting to get some sort of rise.  Recycled, uninteresting, pseudo-insults on a message board? YAWN.  Plus, I don't even like the Jaguars.

I'm saying you're misinformed if you're comparing the two sports and some people got worked up because it doesn't fit their agenda.

jj____

The Rock

What I am stating it seems everyone agrees with - top facilities, top academy (not that they have one), top back room staff AND a crap team with 4 wins.

History dictates that Kahn has invested in a lot of everything but top players and that is a massive concern considering where the club is.

I hope I am proven wrong come the end of January, and that we'll see the few top players that will make the difference needed to get results, but history dictates otherwise.

FPT

mccscratch

Quote from: The Rock on December 30, 2013, 09:30:45 PM
What I am stating it seems everyone agrees with - top facilities, top academy (not that they have one), top back room staff AND a crap team with 4 wins.

History dictates that Kahn has invested in a lot of everything but top players and that is a massive concern considering where the club is.

I hope I am proven wrong come the end of January, and that we'll see the few top players that will make the difference needed to get results, but history dictates otherwise.

not to sound like a jerk but you literally have no clue what you are talking about... there is a salary cap in the NFL... everything is dictated by this....
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise