more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hangeland

Started by Burt, January 01, 2014, 02:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: Holders on January 01, 2014, 05:34:43 PM
Jol, or the medics in liaison with him, delayed his op too long. There was no point in continuing to play him when he couldn't even jump and that was not his fault. We could have a fit Hangers now, not having endured the sub-standard performances of an unfit one. Let's see what he's like when he gets back before writing him off.

Good point, I just don't want to hang all my hopes on him and find out too late (post jan window) he hasn't returned to the old Helga we used to have.

Aaron

Having a fit Brede can't not be a boost, but I'm with Logicalman on this one to a large extent.

Ever since Hangeland put on the armband he's been a shadow of the player he was.  Before I heard what his injury was I thought he'd given up altogether, but a niggling long standing back injury makes a lot of sense considering how he was playing.  I don't think he's the solution to our problem though.  We're more likely to finish in the Champions League places than see the Brede Hangeland of 2010 ever again, sadly.

Senderos has problems that can't be trained or drilled out of him, that's for sure, but there's a lot more wrong with our defence than this and Hangeland being missing..  Hopefully, this is what our new 3 man head coaching team is going to sort out.

Holders

We need to sort out clean sheets from the back as a priority. Maybe when Hangers gets back into training it'll be evident if he's going to be useful again or if we need to strengthen before we're too far into this window. I think Amo is going to be ok but communication and responsibilities within the whole defence also needs urgent work. We have 10 useful days now and a practice match next week.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

epsomraver

Much as it pains to say it I thought Senderos played well today, covered off the ball, used his strength to his advantage and snubbed out Cole's threat when he came on, that's my view from the JH stand, and Sidwell man of the match.

Aaron

Quote from: epsomraver on January 01, 2014, 06:43:19 PM
Much as it pains to say it I thought Senderos played well today, covered off the ball, used his strength to his advantage and snubbed out Cole's threat when he came on, that's my view from the JH stand, and Sidwell man of the match.

He did play fairly well for the most part, but he made some insane mistakes.  When he's on fire, he still makes these mistakes.

epsomraver

It was a very wind swept rain sheeting in game, very difficult to judge the flight of the ball and difficult to see at times, I wonder whether some on here have ever played football?, they are not robots out there that renee programs!

simplyfulham

I am somewhat surprised that some on here thought Amorebieta was anything but woeful today.

Me and others around me seemed to be in agreement that this was by far and away his worst performance.