watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hangeland

Started by Burt, January 01, 2014, 02:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Just bumped in to a suited and booted Brede on the way in, asked him how the recovery was going, he reckoned he was a week out from resuming training etc.

COYW

Count Berbatov

that's great news. That's going to be almost like a new signing
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Logicalman

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 01, 2014, 02:58:01 PM

Sorry to disagree. The guy needs to fight for his place back in the team, his performances this season and the latter part of last season were dreadful, and that's the best I can say about him.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Logicalman on January 01, 2014, 03:10:01 PM

Sorry to disagree. The guy needs to fight for his place back in the team, his performances this season and the latter part of last season were dreadful, and that's the best I can say about him.

100 percent agree , also 80 percent of this board was saying how bad he was , but 70 percent of that 80 will now act like his god when his back to full fitness

simplyfulham

You don't think the injury had something to do with it.

A fit again Hangeland is exactly what we need.

End of.

The Rock

Quote from: simplyfulham on January 01, 2014, 03:54:55 PM

End of.

Agreed. Can't get much worse.

tomesy

Brede is no spring chicken anymore, his recovery times are going to be longer and sharpness the same. I for one will be surprised if he comes back and really 'bosses' it.

Saying that, watching Senderos today we will need cool head Brede come that last important run-in

Bryanthebroom

Senderos having an absolute mare at the back today. Need Brede back asap.

MiltonBurrows

Id rather have a dreadful Hangeland than a dreadful Senderos. Senderos has been awful this season, and was no different today. What must Dan Burn be thinking when he cant get a game and thats how Senderos plays, must knock his confidence for 6! BIG result today though, my only negative was senderos really.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Logicalman

End of.

He was carrying an injury for 6 months? Including all over the summer, you're having a bubble ain't you? The only injury was in his head, he had lost the will to do what was needed for the club.

The guy was getting worse before he was injured, disinterested, poor playing skills, and the fact he was kept as captain by Jol made us a laughing stock, especially after Scotty arrived.

As I said, he needs to earn his place back into the team, no favorites allowed, only hard work and the want to play for the club. nothing less should be tolorated.

Bassey the warrior

Senderos has played well by and large but he was woeful today. He doesn't seem to be able to handle pressure. Unfortunately he may have to be sacrificed in order for a new centre back to come in. Amorebieta apart from letting Diarra getting ahead of him for a big chance played well today.

FPT

That's fantastic, maybe a February return considering he needs to regain match fitness and sharpness. That leader would be a real help, still think we need another younger, quicker centre back.

Logicalman

Quote from: The Moose on January 01, 2014, 05:01:44 PM
Senderos has played well by and large but he was woeful today. He doesn't seem to be able to handle pressure. Unfortunately he may have to be sacrificed in order for a new centre back to come in. Amorebieta apart from letting Diarra getting ahead of him for a big chance played well today.

Agreed, two new CBs in the January window will plug the defence for us. The issue, which of the three do we keep as back-up? None of the current crop are exactly young and restless, are they?

Craven Mad

I'll be delighted to have him back, but I don't think it solves the problem. Amore looked fine today, Senders was the issue. But neither Hangers or Amore can play RCB, only on the left.. Hughes can play on the right, but is losing pace and is old..

It'll be good to have Hangers back, the team could do with his discipline, but I don't think it solves our defensive issues.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Logicalman on January 01, 2014, 05:05:55 PM
Quote from: The Moose on January 01, 2014, 05:01:44 PM

Agreed, two new CBs in the January window will plug the defence for us. The issue, which of the three do we keep as back-up? None of the current crop are exactly young and restless, are they?

Two starters? I think that's risky to be honest. The rest of the defence will take time to get used to them. We need a bit of continuity so one will do it for me.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Logicalman on January 01, 2014, 04:59:13 PM

End of.

He was carrying an injury for 6 months? Including all over the summer, you're having a bubble ain't you? The only injury was in his head, he had lost the will to do what was needed for the club.

The guy was getting worse before he was injured, disinterested, poor playing skills, and the fact he was kept as captain by Jol made us a laughing stock, especially after Scotty arrived.

As I said, he needs to earn his place back into the team, no favorites allowed, only hard work and the want to play for the club. nothing less should be tolorated.

I have a feeling he was carrying that injury for a long time, Logical, but Jol insisted on playing him and insisted he remained as skipper.  Two costly decisions, in my book.
Nogood "playing wirh sciatica, isit" Boyo

Logicalman

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on January 01, 2014, 05:16:51 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on January 01, 2014, 04:59:13 PM

End of.

I have a feeling he was carrying that injury for a long time, Logical, but Jol insisted on playing him and insisted he remained as skipper.  Two costly decisions, in my book.
Nogood "playing wirh sciatica, isit" Boyo

If true, then that explains the armband as the bung to get him on the pitch again. Poor decision by both imho.

Yarden

Figth for his place? Have you seen our defence? We migth have the three worst center backs in the whole league.
Hangeland will walk rigth into the team as he should. And for the love of god, get rid of Senderos.

Holders

Jol, or the medics in liaison with him, delayed his op too long. There was no point in continuing to play him when he couldn't even jump and that was not his fault. We could have a fit Hangers now, not having endured the sub-standard performances of an unfit one. Let's see what he's like when he gets back before writing him off.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

I suffer from the same sciatic problem. It does not come on suddenly & go suddenly. The injury grows on you & although pain killers hide the pain they do lull you into thinking you can carry on. I would not want to rush him back even though we are desperate to shore up our central defence. I would rather he be 100% for our vital run in.
Where there's a will there's a wife