watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

HUGE RESULT

Started by fulhamben, January 01, 2014, 04:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bassey the warrior

You could see that Hull result shook their confidence a bit. Well done lads, vital win.

Texas White

Happy Happy start to the new year.
Onward and upward

PokerMatt

Quote from: The Moose on January 01, 2014, 04:56:25 PM
You could see that Hull result shook their confidence a bit. Well done lads, vital win.

Yep. Then we responded brilliantly to control the game. It was tough late on, but not conceding in the second half will do wonders for the confidence. Amore I thought was brilliant.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Count Berbatov

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MiltonBurrows

6 points from a possible 9, and sunderland next up at home. We're winning the matches we need to at the moment which is HUGE. Forget about the Hull performance and the signs are encouraging! COYW!
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Slaphead in Qatar

Other results went in our favour.

ToodlesMcToot

Happy for the three points, but why, oh why, didn't we go for the third goal???!!

We had a man advantage and were running them ragged. I understood the substitutions - well, except Kasami for Duff (that should've been Dejagah) - but bunkering and refusing to attack West Ham was just asking for 1 point instead of 3.

The mentality is still wrong.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Count Berbatov

Except for West Brom I guess

EDIT: talking about the favorable results today
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Logicalman

Notwithstanding the Hull result, we had good results around us at the weekend and that continued today. Perhaps we are in for a little bit of luck at the moment, we could definately do with it.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 01, 2014, 05:06:12 PM
Happy for the three points, but why, oh why, didn't we go for the third goal???!!

We had a man advantage and were running them ragged. I understood the substitutions - well, except Kasami for Duff (that should've been Dejagah) - but bunkering and refusing to attack West Ham was just asking for 1 point instead of 3.

The mentality is still wrong.

That's right. I guess it was fear of losing that did it, especially with Cole on the pitch. Could've done with Rene and Parker urging them forward, but it's over now. This will give them confidence to trounce Sunderland.

Furby

Yes, HUGE result and that's all that matters at this moment in time, regardless of getting a third goal our goal difference isn't going to improve that much over the next few months so winning by one goal here and there I'll take every week.

Listened to the game and heard there were some poor performances at the back and only heard Bent's name twice when he came on. So I'm sure these performances have put the final nail in the coffin for some of these players and we'll look to prioritise the defence and attack sooner rather than later in the month.

Over the moon with this win. COYW.  049:gif

Denver Fulham

Didn't like today's setup, didn't like the subs, didn't like the needless panic toward the end.

Did like the three points.

Holders

We had overwhelming possession and I think the conditions restricted our ability to make more of it in terms of better GD. I also think that Bent was brought on to capitalise on route one stuff, when we had the weather at our backs - but failed to do so.

In fairness to West Ham, they fought very hard considering all the factors against them and didn't let us have it easy.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

It was a tough game, in difficult conditions, and we always seemed vulnerable at the back despite our superiority going forward.

But i have more confidence now that our defensive frailties will be addressed, and Hangeland coming back will be a positive too.

Yes, a huge result - well done Rene and the team.

Craven Mad

RENE'S COMMENTS:

Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen: "That's what you call a happy new year. The key for us was getting the points and moving out of the bottom three. It doesn't mean we've turned a corner but we're looking confident.

"We all know that when you're in our position, home games are very important. I thought we played well. Taking into account the conditions, you need to concentrate and play with slick passing.

"We deserved the equaliser and I was hoping we might get even more out of that first half. The sending off helped us because you get more space and more possession but you have to find the right balance between being patient and creating chances."

Scrumpy

The result was everything today. The conditions were awful and we were the only team trying to play any football. Confidence is poor, but that will come.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.