watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did Senderos ever.....

Started by jarv, January 01, 2014, 05:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

I've been banging the 'How did Senderos ever ...." drum ever since I signed up for this forum.

It is quite astonishing that a Premier League manager can even consider him worthy of a squad place let alone playing.

All this 'give him a chance', 'we all have a bad day rubbish' is for the fairies on his money.  My local team is a Conference Premier side.  He would never get near their squad.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Adi-ffc

What a rubbish post. Senders was ok today in extremely difficult conditions. We're you at the game? The wind was crazy. I was happy to have him back in the team and think he is currently our best defender. He is no world beater but what good does it do to post such a hateful text?
Get behind him ffs, the players read these posts. And he always tries his best.

epsomraver

Quote from: Adi-ffc on January 01, 2014, 07:51:51 PM
What a rubbish post. Senders was ok today in extremely difficult conditions. We're you at the game? The wind was crazy. I was happy to have him back in the team and think he is currently our best defender. He is no world beater but what good does it do to post such a hateful text?
Get behind him ffs, the players read these posts. And he always tries his best.

:plus one: already said all that however but the arm chair brigade have spoken,

Luffy86

I hold my hands up until today with regards to Senderos he's scored some crucial goals for us but after hearing GJ commentary I can say I am now fully supportive of acquiring a new defender as hearing GJ squirm so much today with regards to senderos's play... I can no longer be supportive of him!!!

Furby

Also not a fan of Senderros at all, but I feel he's at his best when he has to mark a typical British lump of a forward. Trying to win aerial battles and just getting his foot in where he can all game and he looks decent. He's no good with time on the ball and slow to react with sharp tricky players and this is where he gets found out.

Adi-ffc

So you did mate. I was also in the JH stand (f block), and consistently have different opinions from my friends in the Hammy. He was decent in at times unplayable conditions I thought.

jarv

OK, my criticism might be a bit over the top but......we have the worst defensive record in the division, we have the magnificent Aaron Hughes who is clearly getting past it but still a great servant to Fulham, we have one decent centre back(injured) and another two who are clearly not good enough. The back 4 usually includes at least one if not both of them.
Yes, Philip plays his heart out but part of being a good centre back is organisation. Our central defenders are a shambles. I think goals against recently confirms that. Wasn't it 4, 4 and 6.
Was there a howling gale blowing today? At times Philip's timing was so poor, he was so far away from connecting he looked like a bloke down the park. He has had a few good games but what the team needs now is consistency, from everyone, not just Philip.

Burt

There was indeed a howling gale, accompanied by pouring rain, and WHU played a hoof it game so the conditions were quite difficult. Slippery underfoot, and unpredictable ball trajectories when the wind got hold of the high ones.

Travers Barney

Go to most games home and away and he has been our best central defender over the last 18 months.

In my opinion

coyw
We are the whites

Travers Barney

Quote from: Travers Barney on January 01, 2014, 08:34:02 PM
Go to most games home and away and he has been our best central defender over the last 18 months.

In my opinion

coyw

Does look like it matters to him too

coyw
We are the whites

epsomraver

Quote from: Luffy86 on January 01, 2014, 07:59:29 PM
I hold my hands up until today with regards to Senderos he's scored some crucial goals for us but after hearing GJ commentary I can say I am now fully supportive of acquiring a new defender as hearing GJ squirm so much today with regards to senderos's play... I can no longer be supportive of him!!!

You judge Senderos's performance on listening to a stream from Jim  fp.gif   I I have heard it all now! obviously you did  not!  as it is well known I  have never been a fan of his and feel Hughes is the better option on reading the game, but he had a good game today given the appalling conditions

RoyTund

He makes a few too many mistakes and is too slow, but his is not alone with this problem in our current side.

epsomraver

Quote from: RoyTund on January 01, 2014, 08:37:56 PM
He makes a few too many mistakes and is too slow, but his is not alone with this problem in our current side.

You listen to Jim too?

MJG

Fine for a game or two but have him at the back for a lot of games then your in trouble.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Steven Ageroad

Unfortunately I could not make the game today but watched it on line. Tony Gale was the co commentater and was very scathing about Senderos and his defending calling his errors "schoolboy errors" and put the goal down to him for going for the man, on the long through ball, rather than the ball. After watching the replays, which you don't get at the actual game, he was correct and many times after that. Tony Gale, now there was a man who knew how to defend.

Berserker

Tony Gale often moans about Senderos, not sure he's being totally fair all of the time
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

KP_FFC

this season he's actually been quite good, just today he was god awful

Luffy86

Quote from: epsomraver on January 01, 2014, 08:36:27 PM
Quote from: Luffy86 on January 01, 2014, 07:59:29 PM

You judge Senderos's performance on listening to a stream from Jim  fp.gif   I I have heard it all now! obviously you did  not!  as it is well known I  have never been a fan of his and feel Hughes is the better option on reading the game, but he had a good game today given the appalling conditions

I haven't made the judgement on listening to Jim, I've made it on what I've seen of him since he's been with us!!
I've always given him the benefit.... I always said it was a blip!! However listening to Jim today that was the first he's been very opionated about a player for a while and it opened my eyes to what a lot of our fans say about Senderos!! Even my old man lays into him... And he's supported Fulham since the sixties....
I would always argue he's proper quality.., but you can't deny that he does cause us some hairy moments!!
And as for Aaron Hughes, what does he actually bring to the team...?

Luffy86

And come on.... How can a professional footballer make a foul throw??? That's the stuff I'm teaching my u10/u11s not to do....

RidgeRider

Senderos was just getting back from injury. Thought he played decent for being out and just getting back. I never understand the vitriol against him.

I sometimes think we get too many cues from Tony Gale who absolutely hates Senderos no matter how he plays. I've been listening to him all season, and last, and his hate is personal. I sometimes wonder if some of our supporters are swayed by his commentary.

What I do know is Rene is playing him, the last guy played him, Hodgson wanted him, he wasn't in the team sheet in the 6-0 thumbing we took at Hull,  and he remains on our team even though he is "an insult to donkeys" as has been noted on this very thread.