watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did Senderos ever.....

Started by jarv, January 01, 2014, 05:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

become a professional footballer. ? To call him a donkey is an insult to donkeys. He can't even run properly.

NogoodBoyo

I'm still waiting for his apologists to come up with answers to that, jarv.
Nogood "donkey, my ass, isit" Boyo

ToodlesMcToot

He's got the skills to be a decent squad defender IMO, but he's got major, MAJOR problems between his ears.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Logicalman

Don't think anyone can continue to defend the guy at the moment. The only thing I can say is that he was one of the last signings by Roy, if I recall correctly, on a freebie, so he must have thought he saw something in the guy.

andyk

Quote from: jarv on January 01, 2014, 05:19:35 PM
become a professional footballer. ? To call him a donkey is an insult to donkeys. He can't even run properly.

If you think it is so easy , why don't you give it a go.
I am not a huge fan of Senderos, but he has made it through every obstacle a player can get through to make it where he is. And one thing I will say for him, he is ultra commited, always gives 100% and if we are in a relegation battle, which we undoubtedly are, I am delighted that he is in our trench.

Have a read of Nick Hornby's "Fever Pitch" chapter on "Gus Ceasar" if you want to know how Phillipe Senderos made it as a professional footballer.  

FPT

He's got concentration issues, to completely misread an aerial ball is criminal but thank god it didn't cost us.

In terms of defensive technique, he's good, and very good playing the ball from defence. When he plays well, Aston Villa for example, he can take a striker completely out of the game.

Count Berbatov

He's got no pace and no positioning skills. He's also very slow. And he knows it. Always atacks the player, rather than the ball.
If there's no Hangeland by his side to tell him where to stand amd with Mark gone, he's just too big a risk to have on the pitch
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

somerset cockernee

nobody can doubt his commitment or passion, fact is he is way out of his depth

Danitar

At least he cares and wants to do well. Ok he didn't have the best of games but he has heart and that's what you need when your down the league.

Nero

I thought the problem for the goal wasn't sendeors losing the header but the acres of space the chap was left in in the box, Im more concerned about Amorebieta I think his name is translated to cant defend.  im not a great lover of senderos but least he's near his man and swiss seem to do quite well with him in the past

Pluto

Hilariously everyone was lauding him before his injury, saying how he'd turned a corner, put in some solid performances alongside Hughes and was currently our best available defender....

Yes he was woeful today but so was Hughes against Hull last week (when we conceded 6!) and so has Amorebieta been on several occasions this season. Yet you don't see anywhere near the same level of abuse for them. Not saying I think either are bad players or that any abuse would be justified- I think all 3 are useful squad members.

Let's not forget that Phil has just come back from injury and may not have been fully fit today. He was also playing alongside an unfamiliar partner. Give the guy a chance for Christ's sake. He has been excellent at times this season and if he can reproduce his form from before his injury he is an asset to the squad.

epsomraver

Sorry but i thought he had a good game, i am no fan of his but he had built a good partnership with Hughes so why change it? As I have said in another post he played well in my eyes from the JH stand

EJL

This board is completely schizo when it comes to Senderos. One minute he's been our best defender all season; the next, he's a donkey. Make up your mind.

alfie

Quote from: epsomraver on January 01, 2014, 06:51:45 PM
Sorry but i thought he had a good game, i am no fan of his but he had built a good partnership with Hughes so why change it? As I have said in another post he played well in my eyes from the JH stand

to be honest i am not sure what he exactly he done wrong today, Stockdale kicks the ball to him well nowhere near him actually and geezers around me are screaming at Senderos, he put in a good few tackles, the guy can't win, but i can defend him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

westcliff white

there was a moment in the second half, a ball forward big phil seemed to duck behind the west ham player and amorebieta took out carlton cole. if that had been a red and or led to a goal big phil was at fault.

I am not a fan of his, he has played some ok games but on the whole he is a disaster waiting to happen
Every day is a Fulham day

alfie

Quote from: westcliff white on January 01, 2014, 07:03:28 PM
there was a moment in the second half, a ball forward big phil seemed to duck behind the west ham player and amorebieta took out carlton cole. if that had been a red and or led to a goal big phil was at fault.

I am not a fan of his, he has played some ok games but on the whole he is a disaster waiting to happen

"A disaster waiting to happen" my god do we have to keep saying that, he has been here now what 4 seasons or so and we are still waiting.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

Senderos was ok today.

The philosophy is clearly to pass the ball out from the back, rather than lose possession through having the keeper hoof it up field.

Which is the right thing to do.

The team need to get used to that.

There are three main issues.

First, Quite often there were not enough options in front which led to the sideways and backwards passes.

Second, the defence are clearly fragile at the moment so you need confidence to pass it around and out from the back.

Third, Stockdale does not have enough presence, there is no command of the box and not enough chit-chat between the players.

The worst defensive blunder in my view was when Sidwell let a route one ball bounce, rather than head it away, and they very nearly were in behind and got a goal out if that.

farfouille

Quote from: EJL on January 01, 2014, 06:57:28 PM
This board is completely schizo when it comes to Senderos. One minute he's been our best defender all season; the next, he's a donkey. Make up your mind.

Opinions change with the change in performances - I would not call that schizo. For example, Sidwell grew on me - he just scores too many goals and that silences critics like me.
However, I will never understand why managers keep playing Senderos. For me, he's not good enough even for the Bulgarian "Premier League" (and that's a big insult, believe me).
Not that I like Lovebite either. We have one decent CB and that's an aging Hangeland.

I would still prefer H&H if we don't buy another CB this month.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

MisfitKid

Quote from: EJL on January 01, 2014, 06:57:28 PM
:plus one:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

westcliff white

Quote from: alfie on January 01, 2014, 07:08:05 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 01, 2014, 07:03:28 PM

"A disaster waiting to happen" my god do we have to keep saying that, he has been here now what 4 seasons or so and we are still waiting.

Because in footballing terms he is exactly that, when we are lucky we get away with it. dont get me wrong he has good games, but most are not good games
Every day is a Fulham day