watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My views of todays game.

Started by K33NY, January 01, 2014, 05:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

First of congrats Fulham for 3 points today!!

Very much needed 3 points and allso desrved in my eye, and I am really happy Berbatov got a goal today! But I must say Senderos was simply a brain dead monkey, high on some bad stuff, and could alone have cost us the points today!
Duff allso impressed me today, hard working and passing well, being at the right places at the right time. Him and Riether was really tearing up West Ham! Riise unfortunate not to get a goal today, he would have deserved it, and Taarabt, well he impressed as well, there was a very good offensive team we had, giving out great passes and getting to alot of chances! But now its will be interesting to see what will happen in January transfer window. Its mentioned in many posts, we need a CD, deffinetly, Senderos is to risky, personally I hope a fully fit and recovered Hangeland will bring some confidence back there, I personally think its unfair to give him critics cus of bad performance, I think hes injury has been the reason for this for a longer time than what we know of, but wich the team and him and medical team knows.

I was critical to Berbatov, for a long time, I was proven wrong today, not just for hes goal, but hes vision, passes, hard working, hell he was even in our defence at times! He needs to stay until end of season!
And then Parker, to me he was maybe the best player out there along with Berba, quality passing and crossing, back to help forward to create something, allso great vision!

With all this said, I think maybe its needed to mention what happened after the subs? Bent not good, Kaca playing the ball wrong way each time, he seems to have completely lost confidence to challenge players, and after the last 15 minutes was so long....I thought I was gone have a heart attack a couple of times, especially with Senderos!!
What would have been the result without the red card and theire main player injured, would it still be 3 points?

Defence needs a pep-talk and need to take a serious look at themselves until Sunderland game! But I want to ask, was it just me who think this, or did Stockdale and Senderos look like they dont get along at all??

But again, offensive, we where looking good today! And I am happy with 3 points and hope we get 3 new points against Sunderland!! COYW!!

andyk

Damien Duff is a top quality professional footballer, and, although he is getting on in years and no longer has the ability to skin defenders like he used to, he has learnt so much that I think he will be a vital part of our relegation battle.
I am absoloutely delighted he is part of our squad this year, along with kara and Parker they will keep us up.
Then, in the summer, the rebuilding must begin.

Deanothefulhamfan

A pretty fair reflection K33ny and I agree with almost everything you have said.

Stockdale and Senderos are on a different planet, no understanding between them in the slightest.

Stockdale made a huge save for us when it was 1-0, and his distribution of the ball is excellent.

K33NY

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 01, 2014, 06:34:06 PM
A pretty fair reflection K33ny and I agree with almost everything you have said.

Stockdale and Senderos are on a different planet, no understanding between them in the slightest.

Stockdale made a huge save for us when it was 1-0, and his distribution of the ball is excellent.

Yeah that save was vital! Good 2nd keeper for us, after today, I hope RM keep the starting line up for next game, unless Senderos can be subbed, how long was Stekelenburg out btw?

epsomraver

You criticise Senderos yet praise Berbatov,? who got caught out time and again off side, sloppy flick ons, gave the ball away in  dangerous positions  then got a yellow for a cynical foul straight afterwards, yes he was better than usual but by no means put the shift in that Parker and Sidwell did.

K33NY

Quote from: epsomraver on January 01, 2014, 06:56:23 PM
You criticise Senderos yet praise Berbatov,? who got caught out time and again off side, sloppy flick ons, gave the ball away in  dangerous positions  then got a yellow for a cynical foul straight afterwards, yes he was better than usual but by no means put the shift in that Parker and Sidwell did.

Thats why I said Parker was the bedt out there today, cus Berba wasnt, but Berba was to be seen everywhere, running back to help etc, I praise him compared to Senderos, cus Senderos was completely a disgrace today that, as said before, alone could have cost us the victory. Sidwell was absolutely good as well, scored with a great header, but in overall to me, Berba was better, cus of hes overall quality today, some bad flicks, yes, stupid move to cause him yellow, yes, but hes passes was good, hes positioning was good, wich caused us the victory goal today.

Fulham_Surrey

epsomraver is a well known Berba hater on this forum. But anyways, Berba got the goal but could have played better.

epsomraver

Sorry but no way was Senderos a disgrace, he played well in atrocious conditions and for the third time of posting used his strength on several occasions to snub out their attacks and keep Cole quiet, I am not a fan of his at all but he had a good game today in my eyes and being there seeing and feeling the conditions they played under.

epsomraver

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on January 01, 2014, 07:11:45 PM
epsomraver is a well known Berba hater on this forum. But anyways, Berba got the goal but could have played better.

I don't hate any one in a Fulham shirt, never have in 50 plus years of support, the point I was making if you took the time to read it was that Senderos was not as bad as made out on here and make no more mistakes than Berba yet he is a disgrace and Berba is a hero.

K33NY

Quote from: epsomraver on January 01, 2014, 07:12:16 PM
Sorry but no way was Senderos a disgrace, he played well in atrocious conditions and for the third time of posting used his strength on several occasions to snub out their attacks and keep Cole quiet, I am not a fan of his at all but he had a good game today in my eyes and being there seeing and feeling the conditions they played under.

The conditions affect all players not just senderos, yeah maybe he blocked of cole, but look at West Ham goal, he scores cus hes completely ALONE, why? cus Senderos isnt attacking ball, hes focusing on ONE player who isnt even near in the situation, commentator states the same, TV2 PL studio states the same, many news paper states the same, and this happened several times in the game, he focused on a player when not needed instead of securing the ball. BAD call, BAD judgement.

Fulham_Surrey

well, goes with the old attacker vs defenders thing.  Strikers are most often the heros. But on this occasion, I do agree.

Matt Inglis

One huge positive for me was Amorebieta's second half performance.
He looked really panicky in the first half, clearly RM had a word with him.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Adi-ffc

This Senderos disgrace stuff is an embarrassment IMO. Crazy conditions, a defence not playing together week-in, week-out, and a decent shift from him today, but he is past the point of no return for some of you, which is unfair. Ultimately we need an upgrade on him, but this vitriol is hard to read.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Adi-ffc on January 01, 2014, 08:08:04 PM
This Senderos disgrace stuff is an embarrassment IMO. Crazy conditions, a defence not playing together week-in, week-out, and a decent shift from him today, but he is past the point of no return for some of you, which is unfair. Ultimately we need an upgrade on him, but this vitriol is hard to read.
He made a very good tackle right on halftime when Wetspam had a player through on goal.  He is not Premiership quality in my opinion, but he is not the worst player we have.    You do wait every game though for his slip ups.  January window is open and we are shopping. 
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Toby Ward-Smith

Quote from: epsomraver on January 01, 2014, 07:12:16 PM

Agreed the conditions were almost as bad as they could of been, the ball was moving properly and Sendoros on a number of occasions did what he had to do, he just made a few mistakes which overshadow the good things. For me Duff was good in almost every department apart from finishing and sharpness/reactions.

epsomraver

Quote from: Adi-ffc on January 01, 2014, 08:08:04 PM

Well said, must have been some dodgy streams out there this afternoon, was it windy?  fp.gif