watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry.

Started by FPT, January 01, 2014, 05:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

I like to be positive, and it's nice that we're out of the bottom three, but we can't afford to look up the table, not yet.

After Sunderland, our fixture list is:

Arsenal - Away
Swansea - Away
Southampton - Home
United - Away
Liverpool - Home
WBA - Away
Chelsea - Home

Holders

A reality check. We're going to need to grind out some clean sheets!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Logicalman

Agreed, but to take the three pointers is a must, and as long as we grind those out, it'll be up to those around us to do the same. Remember, we only need to be better than the team in 18th place to survive, and that's what we're in at the moment, survival mode.

NogoodBoyo

Ironically, I think we might be able to get something from Swansea and Soton.  They could be two over-performing clubs that might just be vulnerable in the winter.
Nogood "having hope is not hopeless, isit" Boyo

Craven Mad

You're not wrong, but the team will be changing before many of those games, and Rene will have time to shape the team. What may seem like guaranteed losses right now, may seem more manageable in the coming weeks.

Today it was important that the team beat a fellow relegation-battler, and moreover, their captain/goal threat is now likely to face a 3 match ban for violent conduct. Today was a good day. Celebrate!

Admin

And it's important we beat Sunderland next week, with out fail. Still, on a positive note, we've got to face these teams just like the rest who are down there and I'd rather get them out the way now, than the end of the season. Many ups and downs to come, but that's football. Let's enjoy today for a change, 3 points.

Fulham76

Quote from: FPT on January 01, 2014, 05:57:27 PM
I like to be positive, and it's nice that we're out of the bottom three, but we can't afford to look up the table, not yet.

Arsenal - Away
Swansea - Away
Southampton - Home
United - Away
Liverpool - Home
WBA - Away
Chelsea - Home

Doesn't look easy but all the teams around us will also have tough games. Sunderland is a big game & we need another 3 points from that one.

Count Berbatov

Arsenal - Away
Swansea - Away
Southampton - Home
United - Away
Liverpool - Home
WBA - Away
Chelsea - Home
That looks like a 1 to 3 points, from Southampton. maybe West Brom away, or an odd point here and there. But the hope is, the team gets their spirit high and start getting something out of the big teams.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

bobby01

Quote from: Holders on January 01, 2014, 06:00:45 PM

With our current defence, I wouldn't hold my breath, this lot will not keep a clean sheet unless there is a major change in personnel or thinking.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Count Berbatov

How about 4-6-0 in those games?
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Craven Mad

Also, if we're talking fixtures, we have been blessed by a great final 6 matches: Villa(A), Norwich(H), Spurs(A), Hull(H), Stoke(A), Palace(H).

100% we'll grab points during that run, with only Spurs looking a game we couldn't pickup points in.

Keep the faith!

Logicalman

Quote from: bobby01 on January 01, 2014, 06:07:41 PM
Quote from: Holders on January 01, 2014, 06:00:45 PM

With our current defence, I wouldn't hold my breath, this lot will not keep a clean sheet unless there is a major change in personnel or thinking.

With our current defense I think we'll be holding our collective breath a lot more than we should deserve to!!

jarv

Swansea, Southampton, Liverpool and West Brom could all be points for Fulham. It depends on new players in January, Senderos and Ruiz never stepping out in a Fulham shirt again, Dempsey bagging a few, just a few because he is unlikely to repeat THAT season. Nearly forgot, the coach has to tell Kaca which end he is attacking :005:

andyk

At this stage I would take a "winner takes all" last game of the season against Palace. Personally think that is what will happen, and think with our experience and  talent we will succeed.

Max Headroom

We won today. Can't ask for more than that. There will be changes.

If we had not won today it could have been curtains.... Soooo important

alfie

Arsenal - Away
Swansea - Away
Southampton - Home
United - Away
Liverpool - Home
WBA - Away
Chelsea - Home

Why don't we just take it 1 game at a time, and not worry about all these games coming up until they do.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JackyFulham90

We can get points from them games, Arsenal away will be tough but we can get results from the Liverpool & Chelsea home games

Big Martin Jol

Yes, it's a succession of very difficult games - but everyone plays everyone twice. Once they're out of the way our we've got a superb run-in to look forward to.

Hopefully we'll get ourselves a few reinforcements to ride out the storm.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

OHfulhamfan

Arsenal - Away
Swansea - Away
Southampton - Home
United - Away
Liverpool - Home
WBA - Away
Chelsea - Home

I see five points from these fixtures. I think we can beat Southampton, and if not we can get a win at either WBA or Swansea. We might get lucky and get seven.

Army Bloke

Arsenal - Away None
Swansea - Away One
Southampton - Home Three (in freefall at the moment and a good time to play them)
United - Away Oooohhh - One I reckon
Liverpool - Home None
WBA - Away - One
Chelsea - Home One if we dig in (I know I know but I'm not gonna cocede to them before a balls been kicked)

Possibly 7 points from those games if we're lucky and have posted my points per game prediction above...