watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Taarabt - To Stay or Go?

Started by SW6 Taarabt, January 01, 2014, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SW6 Taarabt

Taarabt was man of the match today (Goal.com). Grabbed the game buy its neck and drove Fulham forward when they went 1-0 down. Moved the ball neatly and quickly in the final third when others around him were too slow. Hit the post moments after Sidwell's goal and went close early in the second half.  Should we keep him or should he go back to QPR?

I think he is growing in confidence, His fitness has really improved, His work rate has gone up a couple of levels and I think if Rene gives him the confidence he needs by playing him more often and putting an arm around his shoulders I think he can be a massive asset to Fulham this season. He has undoubtedly immense qualities which Fulham should utilise.

Swiss72

Why should we ship back our most creative player?? He took some time to get going and could still shed some weight. But he is the one driving forward and moving the ball up the field. A bit like Moussa Dembele used to do...

twang

Stay. I doubt Taarabt's market value is very high at the moment so we could probably get him for a £5m-ish fee.

He'll most certainly be needed when Berba is off, be it this month or in the summer.

RaySmith

SW6 Taarabt

Totally agree with you. I just feel that Rene should not have substituted the best player on the pitch because when Adel came off Fulham were not the same and lacked that cutting edge. Adel is a type of player that needs Rene to show confidence in him by giving him the full 90 minutes and playing him more regularly.

Adel is just slightly short of being a World Class player in my opinion he just needs to improve on his shooting and decision making when he has the ball. There are not many players in the Prem with his raw talent and has proved in the past that he can perform at the highest level vs Chelsea, Spurs, Man U etc.

I would keep him if I was Rene  

rockieroad

I slagged him out a few times but he's coming around on me. He should stay for awhile.

Travers Barney

Class act.

Payback for Rodneeeeeeeeeeeeee

Proper player Adel

That will give them the hump

coyw
We are the whites

Craven Mad

His problem has never been talent and ability, it's been constancy. Right now he's fantastic and I'd love to open up a loan-spot by purchasing him from QPR (Harry has said he doesn't want him back). But ask me again in 5 games time and I may be happy to piggy-back him to Loftus Road just to see the back of him- you just don't know with him..

Big Martin Jol

His last few games have been good, so on this form I'd be happy to give him a permanent deal if the price is right.

Ruiz and Berbatov are unlikely to be here beyond May anyway, so perhaps he can fulfil our "luxury player" quota. Plus he's only 24.

Doesn't sound like Redknapp wants him back regardless of what happens at QPR - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9077765/qpr-manager-harry-redknapp-unlikely-to-welcome-back-adel-taarabt-from-fulham-loan
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

The Rock

I've always thought he's been up to it and a fine player.

fulhamben

stick around but not waste the ball with so many pointless shots
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JackyFulham90

He can be inconsistent but he is a match winner, I like Taarabt he was very good today I hope we keep him for longer than just this season

Holders

He was my man of the match too, even though he was subbed. From what i saw, he got a knock, don't think it was tactical.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

hovewhite

Changed my opinion of him,keep him.

kiwiwaka

I'd be happy if we sold Ruiz to pay for Taarabt, so we free up a loan space (or terminate Bent's loan if we sign another striker).

FPT

To stay. He's superb. Thought it whilst he was at QPR, was happy we got him and knew it was just a bit of time, especially considering he had no pre-season whatsoever.

ToodlesMcToot

We have a buy option on him, no? Provided his MO isn't good behavior early on that devolves into something less desirable ( I really don't know what kind of teammate he is. ), then we should buy most definitely.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

General

Quote from: fulhamben on January 01, 2014, 09:09:23 PM
stick around but not waste the ball with so many pointless shots

Lets be honest, Dempsey was just as useless when he first started out here and was very frustrating a lot of the time... He did have a knack for scoring some very important goals but it only really clicked into place for him in his last season for us... Perhaps taraabt will be like Dempsey?

There was an article with meulesteen saying what training methods he was working n with taraabt and they seem tobe working already, he has great room for growth and with a good and solid group of youngsters starting to come through he could be at the club in the perfect moment.

RidgeRider

he is creative with the ball, not afraid to take a shot, and seems to be giving us a shift. His liability is his mid range passing is inconsistent to the point of being a small liability and he doesn't always make the best decision but I want to keep him because Rene can turn him into the player the last guy thought he could be.

@jolslover

definitely keep, hes been great today and the past few games.
harry doesn't like him so i reckon we could get him at a fairly reasonable price, if he keeps on playing like he has done, its a no brainer, our best attacking player recently
STH H3