watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All we need are 2 top CB's, That's it.

Started by The Rock, January 01, 2014, 09:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Senderos has had a few decent games lately, but today was pretty bad. Amor was ok I guess, but I think both of them given their performances are back up squad types.

We get 2 truly decent CB's where the rest of the team doesn't have to park the bus in our final third everytime the other team gets possession and we are safely mid table. That's all it would take to get through to the summer in my eyes. Maybe Hangeland is one of those two when he returns, but maybe not.

SP

Can't disagree with that.  :plus one:

Just about every team is hoping to sign a proven striker, I wonder where they're all coming from?

LBNo11

...Senderos had a mare today, he knew it himself, he was being comforted by one of the coaching staff as he left the field of play at half time, and was a bit better in the second half. Amorebieta likewise was very poor, getting in the way of Stockdale, putting him under pressure with some of his poor passes, it's hard enough for Stockers to fend off the opponents attacks without having to defend behind those two making his job more difficult.

Either way another center-back is the very least we need, and a full back, and a younger mid-fielder and striker would be nice..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

JackyFulham90

I actually think Senderos & a fully fit Hangeland would be a decent partnership.
Amorebieta will get better with games I feel
Hughes still can do a job always reliable but he is getting on a bit now.
Senderos has had a decent season but he was poor today.
Steven Taylor from Newcastle would be a good signing for us.

Pluto

A fully fit Hangeland will make a massive difference. He and Senderos make a decent partnership and looked to have a good understanding earlier in the season before Brede's injury problems. Hangeland is a leader at the back and keeps the defense organised, which is something we lack without him.

ToodlesMcToot

I disagree. We've got to have central midfield help. We need someone who can directly replace Parker if he's injured or suspended. Or we need someone who can partner with Parker.

In other words we need someone to partner Sidwell with in the event we lose Parker for some reason. There's little that convinces me that we could survive Parker's absence, even for a period of a few weeks.

Agree that we need the CBs as well though.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

FPT

Scott Dann? Rumours are that Palace want him for £2.5m. At 26, he was superb for Birmingham, linked with Arsenal. Haven't seen him since he's been in the Championship though.

Fernhurst

Right ..... Here's the plan.

Buy Steven Taylor tomorrow and get him and Brede and Dempsey training together before playing in FA cup with a few youffs. Take the rest of the pensioners off on a sunshine training break so they are bristling to get at Sunderland.
Steak land has now had Christmas and New year off.... So he can stay behind and play cup football.
Sunderland will then face a Fulham central defence with Stek Taylor and Hag .. With Snake bite and Hughes as back up we're sorted.
That American, more famous for going on strike than Arthur Scargill will score a couple in a season defining 5-0 spanking of Sunderland.
Job done
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Pluto on January 01, 2014, 09:53:40 PM
A fully fit Hangeland will make a massive difference. He and Senderos make a decent partnership and looked to have a good understanding earlier in the season before Brede's injury problems. Hangeland is a leader at the back and keeps the defense organised, which is something we lack without him.

There is no leader back there since Schwarzer left. You can tell by the way they look around at each other when things get tight. I am still not sure Brede is that person, we really need a Scott Parker type for CB too. Just not sure there are any of those players available right now.

Humbled

Senderos NEEDS to defend the ball. He constantly gets caught as he is more interested in fouling the striker than just winning the ball.

Forever Fulham

I believe in Senderos.  The conditions were atrocious.  He isn't 100%.  West Ham's playing style, given the playing conditions, worked against him. He never knows who he will be partnered with.  The manager and the coaches believe in him.  He will never give up, never stop trying to do his best.  His teammates seem to embrace him.  And we won with him on.  (Compare to the previous game.) 

JBH

Quote from: FPT on January 01, 2014, 11:09:32 PM
Scott Dann? Rumours are that Palace want him for £2.5m. At 26, he was superb for Birmingham, linked with Arsenal. Haven't seen him since he's been in the Championship though.

They may want him but he signed a long contract at the begining of the season so I think the club rate him  :Happy New Year:

Deanothefulhamfan

Senderos was poor yesterday, but has been really decent this season under RM.

I think a centre back is key.... Hangeland may be the answer but I fear his best days are behind him.

MJG

Plays the man instead of the ball too much. 1st goal an example and also second half the ref had a word with him after he almost manhandled one of the WHU players down in the box.

rusty shackleford

Whos available anyway that we could get in Jan?

I think Hughes is good back up or as a starter if he has someone great beside him (a fully fit Hangeland) but the other 2 are shocking

Jack Fulham

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 01, 2014, 09:36:13 PM
...Senderos had a mare today, he knew it himself, he was being comforted by one of the coaching staff as he left the field of play at half time, and was a bit better in the second half. Amorebieta likewise was very poor, getting in the way of Stockdale, putting him under pressure with some of his poor passes, it's hard enough for Stockers to fend off the opponents attacks without having to defend behind those two making his job more difficult.

Either way another center-back is the very least we need, and a full back, and a younger mid-fielder and striker would be nice..!

Do you not think this could be down to Stockdale not communicating well enough with his centre backs?

Craven Mad

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 02, 2014, 10:18:20 AM
Whos available anyway that we could get in Jan?

I think Hughes is good back up or as a starter if he has someone great beside him (a fully fit Hangeland) but the other 2 are shocking

I hear Birmingham have this great, young, tall, english CB called Burn, I think, and from what I hear we could really do with a player like him..

Other than that, he's old I know, but I think Lescott could do a real job for us - if city let him leave. On a younger side, Kalas is very highly rated by Chelsea fans, and is linked with Dortmund, if we open a loan spot I think he could be a great option to get us through the season (and Mourinho would probably be keen to hold onto him, considering the imminent likely retirement of Terry). Finally, we were linked with Jardel from Benfica and he's not playing, so that could still be a possibility.

I agree with others though that Steven Taylor (if fit) and Scott Dann could be nice solutions, and closer fit the age-range we should be aiming for.

alfie

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 01, 2014, 09:36:13 PM

sort of yes and no with Stockdale, the header in front of him by Amorebieta, all stockdale had to do was to go and claim it but he did not move, people were shouting at Amorebieta but what was he supposed to do just leave it?, was Stockdale making the calls, I sit half way up the Hammersmith and not once did i hear any calls from him.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jeroen

Heitinga anyone?!?!?! Pulled out of his move to West Ham

rusty shackleford

I never really rated Heitinga but if he was cheap enough he's worth lookin at. Plus he's Dutch, like Rene. And has played in a World Cup final with Stek (albeit was sent off)