watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where will Dempsey fit in?

Started by JackyFulham90, January 01, 2014, 09:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Rene has always said in quotes I've seen in the Chronicle that Dempsey will partner Berbatov for us but I was quite impressed with our midfield 3 of Sidwell, Parker & Taarabt today.

Who would Dempsey replace or would he slot nicely on the left?

Parker Sidwell
Dejagah         Taarabt         Dempsey
                             Berbatov

I quite like the look of that for the Sunderland game.

supersimmo123

leonffc

Can't see him starting vs Sunderland though

Bassey the warrior

Left midfield has been a problem so it's a no brainer.

Pluto

ToodlesMcToot

Could also link well between Parker and Berbatov? For example, he would've been a helluva lot better replacement today for Adel, keeping Demitar closer to goal.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

KP_FFC

on the left, but also play str a bit

ScalleysDad

Demps only managed half the game on the balcony so needs to step things up during the week. I tried to get his attention to welcome him back but Hamilton kept banging on about nothing in particular. He was sat on his own away from a gaggle of players that included a suited and scarf bedecked Ruiz who lasted longer but perhaps that is the last we will see of him at The Cottage.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Nightwind15

Dempsey will work out anywhere removed from the man up top.  His failings for us in the past were when Jol put him up top.  He is not an out and out striker I hope we learned this lesson with him in the past.  Its going to be interesting to see if we can keep the momentum alive now. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

FPT

When it was first announced, we were playing 433 with true wingers, that's changed in the past few weeks into a 4411 again.

If we're playing with width, I'd play in central midfield as the central midfielder to go beyond Berbatov, like Steve Sidwell has done recently.

Conversely, I'd play him out wide in the 4231. Watching Dempsey, Taarabt, Dejagah and Berbatov could be a sight, if even for a couple of months.