watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bent & Berbatov

Started by JackyFulham90, January 01, 2014, 09:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I was very excited about them 2 forming a partnership upfront for us this season as both have goals in them but there partnership just doesn't work.
If we was ever going to go 4-4-2 I would rather see Dembele partner Berbatov.
I was so happy when we signed Darren Bent but considering he used to play for England & it's a world cup year he has been really disappointing.

General

Let us be honest, he hasn't really be given a proper run of games... Think its just a tad unfair on the lad.

YankeeJim

Perhaps he needs games but IMHO he seems slow and not threatening at all. I can understand him being rusty but that wouldn't make him slow or make him incapable of moving off the ball. Might be the reason he couldn't get a game at Villa.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

I think our run of form has effected Bent as well. If we had been playing better, he would have likely seen more pitch time up to this point. I would rather see Berba/Taraabt or Berba/Dempsey moving forward

Enter the Frei

I don't think Darren Bent has shown enough in his substitue performances that he warrants a run of games in the side. Berbatov and Taarabt or One of those two as our lone front man seems to be our best option currently.

itombomb

You can't play the two of them together as they don't offer themselves to the midfield enough.

Bent just sits on the defenders, and when deeper Berba just walks around and doesn't really move defenders or demand the ball.

Everything got clogged up when Tarrabt had to go off after his cramp as there were very few passes on through the middle.

Not to mention Bent is just not very good. It is crazy the amount of times he lays the ball off to another player and either plays it short or hits it so hard it is virtually impossible for his teammate to control first time. His whole game is based around being absolutely clinical when he gets chances, he's had 4 or 5 sitters this year he's missed, and that makes him pretty much worthless.

Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 02, 2014, 12:46:59 AM
I don't think Darren Bent has shown enough in his substitue performances that he warrants a run of games in the side. Berbatov and Taarabt or One of those two as our lone front man seems to be our best option currently.

Yep, both at home, only one of them away as you go for a full 3 man midfield.