more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Norwich

Started by FPT, January 02, 2014, 12:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on January 03, 2014, 07:25:28 AM
We should play our strongest side and try and win the match. The F.A. Cup is one of the best competitions in the world and if Wigan can win it last season then there's no reason why we can't do well. We played a weakened side at Hull and got thumped. The idea of playing a number of our U21 side would not be a good idea. I've seen our U21 team a number of times this season and last and there is a massive gulf between U21 sides and Premier League sides. As for giving some of our first teamers a rest if we get knocked out this weekend they will get a good rest when the 4th and 5th rounds are being played. I would rather watch Fulham playing a cup game on the 25th January than going shopping with my other half.

I agree in priciple but if we play Scotty Parker and Phillipe Senderos v Norwich an they get booked then they would miss the Sunderland game and people on here would then slate Rene for picking them!

MJG

Quote from: JBH on January 03, 2014, 07:41:01 AM
We should play our strongest side and try and win the match. The F.A. Cup is one of the best competitions in the world and if Wigan can win it last season then there's no reason why we can't do well. We played a weakened side at Hull and got thumped. The idea of playing a number of our U21 side would not be a good idea. I've seen our U21 team a number of times this season and last and there is a massive gulf between U21 sides and Premier League sides. As for giving some of our first teamers a rest if we get knocked out this weekend they will get a good rest when the 4th and 5th rounds are being played. I would rather watch Fulham playing a cup game on the 25th January than going shopping with my other half.

I agree in priciple but if we play Scotty Parker and Phillipe Senderos v Norwich an they get booked then they would miss the Sunderland game and people on here would then slate Rene for picking them!
The bookings from before the new year are scraped now so Parker would not miss any game if booked.

JBH

Quote from: MJG on January 03, 2014, 07:46:03 AM
Quote from: JBH on January 03, 2014, 07:41:01 AM

The bookings from before the new year are scraped now so Parker would not miss any game if booked.

Don't think they are

Deanothefulhamfan

I thought the cards were for each season... not per each calendar year?

MJG

If a player accumulates five cautions between the opening day of the playing season and 31 December in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for one match.

If a player accumulates ten cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the second Sunday of April in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for two matches.

If a player accumulates fifteen cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the last day of the same season, he will be suspended automatically for three matches.

If a player then accumulates a further five cautions then he will be hauled before the regulatory commission, within seven days of the date of the last caution. The members of a regulatory commission will have the power to deal with the player in such manner as they deem fit. The same procedure will apply for every further five cautions received by that player.

EDIT: So using the word scraped was wrong, but its not an issue if your on 4 now.

JBH

Okay  082.gif

Count Berbatov

If we don't get to see Boateng, then the guy just needs to go . the Feel sorry for him, as in pre season he looked great. In the beginning of the season he tried too hard. Then we never saw much of him. But he's a fighter. Hope Rene gives him a chance
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

simplyfulham

Dan Burn and Freddy Plumain have been given squad numbers overnight.

Seems to indicate they will be involved somehow tomorrow.

simplyfulham

On a separate note.. Clint Dempsey still doesn't have a squad number on the club squad page.. Hurry up and add him in already!!!

rusty shackleford

Stockdale
Riether Hughes Burn Briggs
Degajah Karagounis Boateng Kaca
Kasami
Dembele

Will get the job done

Craven Mad

Quote from: simplyfulham on January 03, 2014, 02:05:23 PM
Dan Burn and Freddy Plumain have been given squad numbers overnight.

Seems to indicate they will be involved somehow tomorrow.

Cool. Nice find.

That suggests that they may both be in the squad for tomorrow, then.

I like Rene's attitude that younger players will be 'rewarded' for good training etc, with a spot in/around the team. Jol always made youth seem like a last resort, and doubt that was good for moral in the academy.

Danitar

Running out of games already with Dempsey, need to get him match fit

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Furby

Demps was given 32 straight away.

FPT

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 03, 2014, 08:46:46 AM
If we don't get to see Boateng, then the guy just needs to go . the Feel sorry for him, as in pre season he looked great. In the beginning of the season he tried too hard. Then we never saw much of him. But he's a fighter. Hope Rene gives him a chance

Reports in Africa say he wants to leave. He wasn't playing under Jol, and isn't playing under Rene. He wants to leave on loan so he can get a shot of a World Cup spot.

rusty shackleford

Good thing he spent 3 years trying to get here

MikeW

Irrespective of who plays I'm really pleased with the good buzz that Rene gives in his interviews.  Sure you have to be upbeat and positive but that hopefully reflects to the players.

Pulling Dan Burn back off loan has to be good.  Arthurworry's work experience at Tranmere will be invaluable.

Also liked Stockdale's comments about the backroom staff.  Hopefully the pieces of the jigsaw falling into place.

Thoughts to purchase / discuss.

Thomas Ince?: Keep Taarabt if only for his pace & energy: Send back Bent: Please give Boateng a chance.

COYW! 
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

simplyfulham

Quote from: Berserker on January 03, 2014, 02:33:58 PM
Dempsey is 32

Thanks for letting me know!

But.. Where the hell was that? Looking on the squad page form the app he's still not up.

JackyFulham90

After listening to Rene's video he seems to confirm he will play some youngsters, we also need some experience in with them hopefully we could see

Stockdale
Riether Hughes Burn Riise
Dejagah Boateng David Dempsey
                     Kasami
                      Dembele

Subs - Bettenelli, Amorebieta, Sidwell, Duff, Plumain, Kacaniklic,  Bent

Will give youngsters Burn, David & Dembele a chance as they seem the 3 most likely to make an impact but it's key we have some experience in there with them.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 03, 2014, 02:12:00 PM
Stockdale
Riether Hughes Burn Briggs
Degajah Karagounis Boateng Kaca
Kasami
Dembele

Will get the job done
Briggs is still injured