watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Norwich

Started by FPT, January 02, 2014, 12:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

Baring in mind Rene Meulensteen saying the league takes priority.

------------------------------------------------------------------Stockdale
Zverotic-------------------------------Grimmer------------------------------------------Senderos--------------------------Richardson
Dejagah--------------------------------Karagounis-----------------------------------------David---------------------------Kacaniklic
-------------------------------------------------------------------Dempsey
-------------------------------------------------------------------Dembele

Subs: Bettinelli, Hughes, Riether, Christensen, Minkwitz, Kasami, Bent.

- I'm particularly not that bothered by the FA Cup with the league being much more important, and with our aging side, we could do with the week off here and there.

- I initially put Aaron Hughes in there, but when trying to merit his position over Jack Grimmer, I couldn't quite come up with a good enough reason. Let's see how the lad can defend against a Premier League side; he's similar to Aaron Hughes in style, if he does well, we could have a long term replacement at the club.

- Tempted to also put in Passley or Kavanagh, but thought that may be too extreme. If Briggs was fit, he would be at left back.

- Ashkan Dejagah hasn't started since Norwich away and was an unused substitute today. No idea why. Alex Kacaniklic needs to prove his worth, he's had a poor year since his breakthrough, no longer looking like the player he was, or could be, he needs games and confidence.

- Clint Dempsey obviously would be his first game back  and seeing as he hasn't played for a while, he needs the game time, though I was tempted to chuck him left and Kasami behind the striker.

- Moussa Dembele is such a fantastic talent, let's give him exposure. He's an athlete with pace and power. Good finisher and bright both inside and outside of the box. He may only be 17, but he could be more of an impact than Darren Bent and Hugo Rodallega.

- I really like both Ronnie Minkwitz and Lasse Vigen Christensen, and I've enjoyed watching their partnership blossom over the first half of the under 21 season. Ronnie Minkwitz plays with a lot of energy; he can be the back bone of the team, he reminds me of Pep Guardiola in the day. The player that both protects the back four with solidity, and also dictate the tempo of a game of football. He's helped by LVC in that the Dane is also very technically gifted, capable of controlling the midfield with good vision and a range of passing.

Maybe too extreme on the youth front?

Post was done prior to Dan Burn's return. Would put Burn in for Grimmer, although I wouldn't be against playing both at Norwich.

ross_bamping

Doesn't matter that it's the cup, we won't win without Parker. He has to play, and hopefully, Taarabt too.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

FPT

Quote from: ross_bamping on January 02, 2014, 12:04:05 AM
Doesn't matter that it's the cup, we won't win without Parker. He has to play, and hopefully, Taarabt too.

It's a game that we shouldn't be bothered about. Use it to give fringe and youth players some game time, and to rest up our key player ahead of another crucial game. I don't see what's so crazy about that.

RidgeRider

I agree with you FPT and agree with your reasoning.

With Fulham's position in the league currently, we should be giving some fringe players time to play in the first team in the cup matches (even if it's only one) and it's a good time to bring Dempsey out for a game.

I like your line-up. I certainly would love for us to win the match, but won't be bothered if we don't put our best XI out there.

Brede Butter Pudding

I would far rather we focus on the league than the cup, at that means resting our key players, including Parker. We're nearly out of the hugely hectic festive period, and as such I think it would be in our interests to rest some players who have given their all throughout the last month or so.

That's not to say I would simply play our U21s. I would still include some first team players. My team would be

Stockdale

Zverotic  Hughes  Amor/Senderos  Riise

Dejagah  Karagounis  David/Boateng  Duff

Dempsey

Bent

On the bench I'd include Rodellaga and Dembele. I think with that starting XI we'd have enough to beat a struggling Norwich.

Fernhurst

Jack Grimmer ..... Yeah decent shout. He's been making steady progress and has already played a handful of games in The Scottish Premier League so shouldn't be too wide eyed or nervous.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

JackyFulham90

We should rest Parker & Berbatov, the game isn't important but we still want to try win the game

Stockdale
Zverotic Senderos Amorebieta Riise
               Sidwell Kasami
Dejagah             Dempsey             Kacaniklic
                            Bent

Subs - Bettenelli, Hughes, David, Karagounis Duff, Taarabt,  Dembele

Classic94

I'd like us to progress in the cup but the league must take priority this season. The Norwich game is a good opportunity to rest key players and give youngsters game time.

-----------------------Stockdale---------------------

Zverotic---Amorebieta----Hughes----Richardson

-------------Karagounis-----Boateng--------------

-----------------------Dempsey----------------------

Dejagah-------------Dembele-----------Kacaniklic

Subs: Bettinelli, Grimmer, Senderos, David, Christensen, Kasami, Taarabt

WolverineFFC

Have thought about this a lot.

Stockdale
Zverotic/Senderos/Amorbieta/Riise
           Karagounis/Sidwell
Kasami       Dempsey    Kaca
               Rodallega

Subs: Bettenelli, Hughes, Richardson, Lasse, David, Dembele, Duff

If Ruiz is in the clubs long term plans (hopefully not), he should be in Dempsey's spot. He will need to keep some level of form and hopefully gain some confidence.

The team need to rest Parker, Riether, Berbatov, Dejagah and Taarabt to me. Their health for the following week is way more important than the Cup. At the same time, I believe the club need to start establishing some consistency and confidence in the back end, so playing a strong midfield to support the defense is important. Keeping the same CB pairing over the next 2 matches is crucial for continuity too.

Could argue a 4-3-3 with Kasami sliding back to help out Sidwell and Karagounis as the formation as well.

Army Bloke

I think we have to play as many first team fringe players as we have available - I agree about bringing in youth but start them on the bench.
I know about where we are in the league etc but part of being a sportsman is respecting your opposition...

NorfolkJim

We should be bothered about every game - We need a winning attitude and that comes about by winning games, not throwing them. I can see this one ending 11-10 as both teams try to lose!

What I would like to see is a no pressure approach and lets have Dempsey and Dembele on the pitch.

Should we rest Stockdale though? I wouldn't normally advocate such a thing but we should not risk finding ourselves with both our no 1 and no2 keepers unavailable - our no 3 is a professional isn't he? Time for him to get in a game methinks

theotherdembele

Would love to see dembele start but i very much doubt it as it would seem disrespectful to bent and hugo who have hardly been given a opportunity to show what they do, although i would expect him to get atleast 30mins on the pitch.

We have alot of fringe players who didn't feature much in the christmas period and with sunderland a week away i wouldn't expect to see any youngsters even though it would be great to be in the starting line up.

RaySmith

Quote from: theotherdembele on January 02, 2014, 08:39:00 AM
Would love to see dembele start but i very much doubt it as it would seem disrespectful to bent and hugo who have hardly been given a opportunity to show what they do, although i would expect him to get atleast 30mins on the pitch.

We have alot of fringe players who didn't feature much in the christmas period and with sunderland a week away i wouldn't expect to see any youngsters even though it would be great to be in the starting line up.

Well, Bent and  Hugo are pros, and know they have to fight for their place - competing with up and coming youngsters is  something they will expect to do. But I would like to see Bent get more starts, but I would also like to see Dembele too.

Rene had  Dembele on the bench against West Ham, i think, so  he and  some of the other youngsters might be about to be given a chance.

If RM rested important players for a crucial Prem game, as he did, then he might rest them for a Cup game, which also gives others an opportunity.

Though, I'm sure he wants to compete in the Cup as well.

res

Remember Norwich will not be particularly worried about a Cup match so I expect an understrength team from them...so making more logical the playing of 2/3 Development Squad/Academy players such as Dembele/Grimmer/Christensen.

Holders

I'm for resting and not risking injury to key players - e.g. Parker, Taarabt and the centre backs. Dempsey will undoubtedly play and I'd like to see him with Ruiz. Their understanding previouslty was almost telepathic. After that, give some youngsters a run out but not so many as to demoralise them by leaving ourselves open to a thorough beating.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gerrys

Quote from: NorfolkJim on January 02, 2014, 08:30:25 AM
We should be bothered about every game - We need a winning attitude and that comes about by winning games, not throwing them. I can see this one ending 11-10 as both teams try to lose!

What I would like to see is a no pressure approach and lets have Dempsey and Dembele on the pitch.

Should we rest Stockdale though? I wouldn't normally advocate such a thing but we should not risk finding ourselves with both our no 1 and no2 keepers unavailable - our no 3 is a professional isn't he? Time for him to get in a game methinks
wasn' t Etheridge sent back from his loan due to injury?

rusty shackleford

epsomraver

Quote from: FPT on January 02, 2014, 12:06:50 AM
Quote from: ross_bamping on January 02, 2014, 12:04:05 AM

It's a game that we shouldn't be bothered about. Use it to give fringe and youth players some game time, and to rest up our key player ahead of another crucial game. I don't see what's so crazy about that.

Thanks for that and for all us  fans going 100 miles to watch the reserves then!

epsomraver

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 02, 2014, 12:29:33 AM
We should rest Parker & Berbatov, the game isn't important but we still want to try win the game

Stockdale
Zverotic Senderos Amorebieta Riise
               Sidwell Kasami
Dejagah             Dempsey             Kacaniklic
                            Bent

Subs - Bettenelli, Hughes, David, Karagounis Duff, Taarabt,  Dembele

Game isn't important,? the FA CUP , our one chance to achieve a decent run in a competition and get Europe but not important

Jack Fulham

The issue with playing a mixture of youth and first team is its unlikely they've played together so I doubt they will gel very well. Unless they've been training together, the game will probably end in defeat. A lot of changes is never good, as demonstrated by the Hull game. Maybe two of three young players would be good but a lot is would be too much.