watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New players lined up.....

Started by Jeroen, January 02, 2014, 10:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

Just before Jol left he mentioned in an interview he had a few nice things lined up for January already.....

Where are they? I assume one was Dempsey, but what else???

On that note In all interviews Rene gives the impression (to me) that he doesn't really have a wish list and doesn't know what his budget is?!!! Is that tactics or ignorance?

Holders

I think he probably meant his holiday in the Caribbean with his pay-off.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jack Fulham

I can only think the Ravel Morrison interest is due to Rene coaching him previously. From what I read about our scouting in 'the nowhere men'. Barry Simmonds is in charge of recruitment, he will recommend players to I guess our committee of Rene, Curbs and Wilkins and then they make a decision. Those guys will also have their own targets in mind due to past experience as well. Dembele and Ruiz were being scouted by club when Hodgson was manager but they weren't signed until Hughes and then Jol were managers.

Nero

Quote from: Jeroen on January 02, 2014, 10:00:10 AM
Just before Jol left he mentioned in an interview he had a few nice things lined up for January already.....

Where are they? I assume one was Dempsey, but what else???

On that note In all interviews Rene gives the impression (to me) that he doesn't really have a wish list and doesn't know what his budget is?!!! Is that tactics or ignorance?

I very much doubt that Dempsey would be coming back if Jol was here

rusty shackleford

There wont be much business done i dont think. Its the same every year, everyone comes on here saying we need a CB, a creative Mid, a striker and whatever else in Jan, and you just dont sign many players in January. We will probably get a couple of patch things up/help the cause, but i dont expect any marquee signings.