watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Curbishley

Started by cmg, January 02, 2014, 01:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Curbishley just on SkySports as pundit for their review of yesterday's matches.

Fairly bland, but two points of possible interest:

a) in talking of our match he seemed to make it clear that he was directly involved in match preparation (i.e not just a 'suit') eg. "we discussed....", "we have been working on set pieces"

b) on transfers he, again, didn't say much - "We are trying to do one or two things, but it's difficult...." etc., etc. But he did say that Transfers was 'one of the reasons I was brought in.'

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I think we were playing better without him being "involved" in march preparations. Too many chefs.

Rupert

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on January 02, 2014, 02:05:44 PM
I think we were playing better without him being "involved" in march preparations. Too many chefs.

I'll give it a couple of games before deciding if I like it or not.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Fulham76

Lets hope Khan doesn't think we're safe now that we've won 2 of our last 3 & out of the relegation zone & not allow any funds for transfers.

TonyGilroy

So it's OK employing Curbishley so long as he doesn't contribute?

With the single proviso that it must be what Rene wants I think it's enormously beneficial to have the experience and nous of Wilkins and Curbishley on board. Let's see what we can achieve with a squad of properly fit, trained and organised players. Let's have the benefit of the input of guys who've played, managed and trained at the highest level.

TheDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 02, 2014, 03:03:03 PM

So it's OK employing Curbishley so long as he doesn't contribute?

With the single proviso that it must be what Rene wants I think it's enormously beneficial to have the experience and nous of Wilkins and Curbishley on board. Let's see what we can achieve with a squad of properly fit, trained and organised players. Let's have the benefit of the input of guys who've played, managed and trained at the highest level.
:plus one: