Main Menu

The boos for Nolan yesterday

Started by leonffc, January 02, 2014, 04:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: nose on January 02, 2014, 09:24:29 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 02, 2014, 06:59:06 PM
Quote from: nose on January 02, 2014, 06:22:19 PM
nolan is a thug, he always was a thug and will always be a thug.
he has got away with murder for years
if he wasn't a footballer he would probably be a thug on the streets
his type of player is what gives british football a bad name
i hate him with avengance and am thrilled to see him getting his comeuppance...even sam the thug alardyce was unable to defend him on TV and sam's teams are riddled with players that cheat, twist the rules and are generally thuggish!
Nolan is just a disgrace but i do not think the dockers from west ham if that is what they still are, booed him, they didn't have the sence.
they are not clever like the Juve supporters that wanted to kill the second juve player that was sent off at the cottage.

have you been in an induced coma for 30 years?

i feel sure your comment is supposed to be some kind of joke. if you wish to contest my loathing for all that is  unpleasant in the game i am happy to discuss the matter.

happy new year

I am sure there is no malice. My uncle lives in East Ham and we visit from time to time. The age of the dockers is, as raver points out, about thirty years ago when my cousins and I used the docks like a playground. Yuppy flats and the Uni of East London now.

MOR :

nose

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 02, 2014, 09:32:58 PM
Quote from: nose on January 02, 2014, 09:24:29 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 02, 2014, 06:59:06 PM
Quote from: nose on January 02, 2014, 06:22:19 PM
nolan is a thug, he always was a thug and will always be a thug.
he has got away with murder for years
if he wasn't a footballer he would probably be a thug on the streets
his type of player is what gives british football a bad name
i hate him with avengance and am thrilled to see him getting his comeuppance...even sam the thug alardyce was unable to defend him on TV and sam's teams are riddled with players that cheat, twist the rules and are generally thuggish!
Nolan is just a disgrace but i do not think the dockers from west ham if that is what they still are, booed him, they didn't have the sence.
they are not clever like the Juve supporters that wanted to kill the second juve player that was sent off at the cottage.

have you been in an induced coma for 30 years?

i feel sure your comment is supposed to be some kind of joke. if you wish to contest my loathing for all that is  unpleasant in the game i am happy to discuss the matter.

happy new year

I am sure there is no malice. My uncle lives in East Ham and we visit from time to time. The age of the dockers is, as raver points out, about thirty years ago when my cousins and I used the docks like a playground. Yuppy flats and the Uni of East London now.

i see... i didn't follow the yuppiefication bit being the 30 years. last time i went to west ham.... about five or six years ago, the after match experience was so harrowing, i had youngish children with me and we were really being threatened and intimidated, i still think of it as it was before. and i will never go back to upton park, never.

but i do take the point re the area

epsomraver

Mr Nose , there was no malice at all, the idea that the rough but fair dockers from East ham docks made up the bulk of the cheats fans is both non factual and long gone   if there were a few,As said all yuppies and dock side flats now, Spam's fans mostly come from the big council estates both sides of the river and I agree , not a nice place to visit at all, Police carry riot helmets for all games there as they expect trouble quite often, not been there like you for a couple of years now

ScalleysDad

Mr Nose.
One of the major downsides to old grounds like Upton Park is that it takes an age to get away especially if simple things like the queue for the tube is not controlled then its just a melee. The immediate vicinity has issues, not like a stroll through a river side park by a long shot, and add to that the 'Greenstreet' factor when some 'fans' feel the need to nurture a reputation it is a gunpowder keg waiting to go off. It is by far one of the worst football experiences parallel with Birmingham away which falls into exactly the same box of issues. However the mob sat around us yesterday were pleasant enough so its not all bad news for the Irons. Don't be put off going to away games as many are a good family friendly day out ........... made better if the team turn up as well.

nose

Quote from: epsomraver on January 02, 2014, 10:49:38 PM
Mr Nose , there was no malice at all, the idea that the rough but fair dockers from East ham docks made up the bulk of the cheats fans is both non factual and long gone   if there were a few,As said all yuppies and dock side flats now, Spam's fans mostly come from the big council estates both sides of the river and I agree , not a nice place to visit at all, Police carry riot helmets for all games there as they expect trouble quite often, not been there like you for a couple of years now

yes, sorry i understand that now but we did have a horrible experience there so i won't be going back, well not for the foreseeable future...
i suppose there is nowhere like fulham!