watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The boos for Nolan yesterday

Started by leonffc, January 02, 2014, 04:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Watching in Sky's highlights I presumed they were from West Ham fans.
Were they? Or were WH booing the decision?
Or were they from ours (I would have thought we would have cheered him off)?

Rhys Lightning 63

Am I the only one baffled by what's happened to Nolan recently. Isn't that his third red card in a month or something?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Berserker

I would have thought the Wet Spam fans are fed up with him, they must have realised it was a straight red when they saw him do it
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Furby

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on January 02, 2014, 04:09:43 PM
Am I the only one baffled by what's happened to Nolan recently. Isn't that his third red card in a month or something?

It's his 2nd red card in a month, but his first one was for a disgraceful tackle on Henderson. Didn't someone post a topic recently about match fixing?  086.gif

epsomraver

Quote from: Furby on January 02, 2014, 04:13:12 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on January 02, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

It's his 2nd red card in a month, but his first one was for a disgraceful tackle on Henderson. Didn't someone post a topic recently about match fixing?  086.gif

The booing came from the JH stand as well as the abuse, I had 4 spam fans next door to me and they got told in no uncertain manner that Nolan and FAT SAM were a disgrace to football

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on January 02, 2014, 04:10:40 PM
I would have thought the Wet Spam fans are fed up with him, they must have realised it was a straight red when they saw him do it

You are joking Mrs B, they thought love bite had caused it and then threw himself down dramatically, the second view upheld by the 5 live summary on the way home

Burt

West Ham finished third in the 2012/13 league table of foul play, behind runners-up Newcastle (which surprised me) and winners Stoke (which didn't surprise me).

Points were awarded as follows - 1 for a foul, 3 for a yellow, 6 for a red.

Kent Cassandra

Sometimes I see and talk to Wet Spam supporters on the way home on the train. A couple of them have confessed that the only reason they go is for the singing. Yesterday there were three singing on the train "Were sh*t and we know we are!"   Luckily I sat next to an Arsenal fan so at least the conversation was civilised.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Berserker

I have worked with two Wet Spam supporters, one came from Dagenham and was a great bloke, the other came from near Wycombe and could be a vindictive piece of work
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Kent Cassandra

To be fair I have a huge extended family and a couple of them are Wet Spammers and they are great blokes too.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

nose

nolan is a thug, he always was a thug and will always be a thug.
he has got away with murder for years
if he wasn't a footballer he would probably be a thug on the streets
his type of player is what gives british football a bad name
i hate him with avengance and am thrilled to see him getting his comeuppance...even sam the thug alardyce was unable to defend him on TV and sam's teams are riddled with players that cheat, twist the rules and are generally thuggish!
Nolan is just a disgrace but i do not think the dockers from west ham if that is what they still are, booed him, they didn't have the sence.
they are not clever like the Juve supporters that wanted to kill the second juve player that was sent off at the cottage.

Matt Inglis

Went on twitter when it happened to see if I could find out what exactly he had done, only found angered West Ham fans who were seriously pissed off with Nolan.
I agree with nose, he is a disgrace. My least favourite PL player by a long shot.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

bobby01

Quote from: nose on January 02, 2014, 06:22:19 PM
i hate him with avengance and am thrilled to see him getting his comeuppance...even sam the thug alardyce was unable to defend him on TV and sam's teams are riddled with players that cheat, twist the rules and are generally thuggish!
Nolan is just a disgrace but i do not think the dockers from west ham if that is what they still are, booed him, they didn't have the sence.
they are not clever like the Juve supporters that wanted to kill the second juve player that was sent off at the cottage.

Bet you never imagined your 1000th post would be about thuggery Nose.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Skatzoffc

Well said!
Can't stand him or Alladyce
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

I know a couple of Wet Spam fans. Nice guys.

Both are disgusted by Alladyce's appointment and what he has turned the team into.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

cmg

I've not much time for Alladyce (nor any other of those 'ale house' managers) - but he was straight up about the incident. He made no attempt to defend Nolan and was obviously disgusted at his stupidity.

Amor made the most of it, as players do these days, but it was nothing other than a straight red.

Nolan has always divided opinion among WH fans, as has Alladyce.

epsomraver

have you been in an induced coma for 30 years?

ScalleysDad

Walking to and from the ground and during the build up to the game the West Ham fans we chatted with didn't like or want Alladyce or Nolan anywhere near them. The latter was primarily over the tackle at Liverpool but he has been useless apparently. One of the group behind us in P2 actually booed and cursed Nolan as the teams came out, bit harsh on the mascot, and when the red was shown another guy in this group was going to jog down the stairwell and "give him some" but too many people had to move and the moment was lost. Nolan was roundly booed from where we were and I doubt he is the most popular person at the Club today. The later substitutions were booed, the "don't know what you are doing" chant came out when Cole came on and his attempts on goal were derided. All that aside the most telling moment was the loneliness of the long walk from the tunnel to the dugout. Alladyce looked absolutely lost. Back in the day Alladyce brought a whole stack of ideas into coaching and led the charge with pro zone and nutrition stats but as with Jol and us he is a poor fit at West Ham. We brought up that brilliant quote from him that followed a fans cry for the football to be the West Ham way to which he replied that was what got them relegated and there was some sympathy for him on that and on the signing of Carroll which apparently was not wholly his idea. Its a toss of a coin now between Norwich or West ham making the headlines and Mackay didn't walk straight into the West Brom job.

nose

Quote from: bobby01 on January 02, 2014, 06:36:53 PM

Bet you never imagined your 1000th post would be about thuggery Nose.

you are so right but over the years he is one player I have a real thing about!
his special brand of calculated unpleasantness just sends me raving. Maybe it's fitting that my 1000th post should be a therapeutic rant.

nose

Quote from: epsomraver on January 02, 2014, 06:59:06 PM

have you been in an induced coma for 30 years?

i feel sure your comment is supposed to be some kind of joke. if you wish to contest my loathing for all that is  unpleasant in the game i am happy to discuss the matter.

happy new year