watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We will not sign a centre back now

Started by JackyFulham90, January 02, 2014, 10:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Good move by Rene calling Dan Burn back from Birmingham, he is obviously a good young talent hopefully he will help with our defending from set pieces & long balls.
With Hangeland on his way back to fitness we now have 5 central defenders in
Hangeland, Senderos,  Amorebieta,  Hughes & Burn

I think it's very unlikely we will see another centre back arrive before the summer now, still a positive move by Rene getting Burn back from his loan spell with Birmingham.

ZoltanGera

I think it's very important that Rene brings in a decent CB. But more important we have to get rid of Senderos mistakes by sell him. I would love to see CHRIS BAIRD and RYAN BENNETT (norwich) in the Fulham defence in the spring campaign.

(and yes, this is my first post) Cheers from sweden!

Jack Fulham

Wish we still had Baird. Was a handy player. Solid backup for CM, RB and CB. Not sure Burn will get played tbh unless its in the cup game. Hopefully Hangeland is back soon.

JBH

We still need a Centre Back as Burn is untried at the Premiership level and will most likely take the rest of the season training with the 1st team to get up to speed.  065.gif

MasterHaynes

Getting him training and playing against the likes of Berba and Tarrabt in training wl be a new experience giving him a rapid learning curve that can only improve him as a player is a good move if he is to progress.

ZoltanGera

I've no worries about putting him straight into the XI against Norwich tomorrow. He has played every game with BFC so far and with his height he will be able to catch the birds of Carrow road.. Besides, the defence has been like a chicken run and the situation is critical.   

JBH

Quote from: MasterHaynes on January 03, 2014, 11:47:09 AM
Getting him training and playing against the likes of Berba and Tarrabt in training wl be a new experience giving him a rapid learning curve that can only improve him as a player is a good move if he is to progress.

Agree but it won't happen over night and the fans will have to be paitent with him, but he is a good prospect

Wimbledon_White

Khan told Rene he can't buy any players?
Rene FORCED to recall the untried and untested at Prem Level Burn?

Maybe. After all, we gotta be sustainable.