https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR- Breaking Bad

Started by samv10, January 03, 2014, 05:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samv10

Anyone watched/watching it? If your not I highly recommend it  very good show

lukeahar

Yeah I've finished it. Very good show. Likewise I recommend it :)
@lukeahar

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: samv10 on January 03, 2014, 05:26:52 PM
Anyone watched/watching it? If your not I highly recommend it  very good show

Over here they have a thing called Black Friday, similar to Boxing Day in England.
One of the stores was selling all of the seasons for $10 per season
I bought all of them (they're averaging $15-$30 each series on ebay.)
My wife and I watched all of them (over 60 episodes) in about a month.
We were 'hooked' and I managed to sell them on ebay and get my money back.
It's considered over here as one of the best TV drama series ever.
It took my daughter in London 5 years to watch the whole thing.
Other good series I reccomend are 'Hell on Wheels' 'Justified'  'Boardwalk Empire'  'The Borgias'
and for those who've never seen 'The Riches' - Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver.  They play a couple of gypsys in America.   It's suberb (and I don't use the word lightly)
I almost fogot  "Copper" which I think is partly BBC funded.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rusty shackleford

Its the best tv show ever made

RaySmith

Addictive viewing.
I've just finished watching the last series- Brilliant!

Weeds is another i discovered -also very addictive, and highly  recommended.

Then, of course, there is the astounding The Wire, and wonderful Madmen - the latest series of which I'm just watching on box set.

Furby

Yes same as above. It's absolutely superb.

terryr

I find it too dark.....are people really capable of this stuff???

farfouille

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 03, 2014, 06:01:17 PM
It's considered over here as one of the best TV drama series ever.

Yes, this is even mentioned in Wikipedia and I have to agree.

By the way, the great news today is that Sherlock is back with its first episode of season 3! That means 1 hour and 26 minutes of bliss for me... :)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

K33NY

Quote from: TerryR on January 03, 2014, 08:32:52 PM
I find it too dark.....are people really capable of this stuff???

They actually not long ago caught a man whos name was the excact same as the one in this show, he had been making meth for 10 years, living double life etc. Allthough he dont have the medical issues as the character in Breaking Bad, but he had alot of financial problems who made him take the choice to take care of hes family financially

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515380/Meet-real-life-Walter-White.html

Dixie

i got the dvd box set for Xmas. Have already got halfway through the second series - totally addictive!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

bristol_white

We loves it in Bristol :-)

epsomraver

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 03, 2014, 06:09:24 PM

Sorry just finished watching the very last episode of the best show on TV for years, Homeland, fantastic acting and story lines

farfouille

Quote from: epsomraver on January 03, 2014, 10:07:01 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 03, 2014, 06:09:24 PM

Sorry just finished watching the very last episode of the best show on TV for years, Homeland, fantastic acting and story lines

No, you didn't, because Showtime renewed Homeland for a fourth season to air in 2014 (source: Wikipedia, what else). I agree about everything else you mentioned.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Lighthouse

Saw Breaking Bad on Netflix and loved it. Homeland I liked although found it dragged a bit in the middle of the second series but good finish. Problem is there is plenty of good stuff around on DVD and streaming. All the good stuff on British TV gets cancelled.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

farfouille

Speaking of the best, here are the series with the highest rating at imdb: http://www.imdb.com/search/title?count=100&num_votes=5000,&sort=user_rating,desc&title_type=tv_series,mini_series&ref_=gnr_tv_hr

Always a good place when you wonder what to watch next.
If we take out the mini-series, the best shows of all time are Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.
- Rene Meulensteen

NogoodBoyo

'er outdoors, me, myself and I don't watch regular tele like.  We only watch these weird cable fiestas.  It all started epochs back with The Sopranos, then The Wire, then Rome, then Breaking Bad, then Game of Thrones, then Homeland, then Mad Men.  We usually watch them way past their sell-by date on On-demand or Netflix.
Last night, we finished Mad Men.  What a show!  I've been Draperised and Rogered in a right royal Sterling way.  Now what the hell do I watch?
Nogood "Lost I am, isit" Boyo

farfouille

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on January 04, 2014, 12:14:56 AM
'er outdoors, me, myself and I don't watch regular tele like.  We only watch these weird cable fiestas.  It all started epochs back with The Sopranos, then The Wire, then Rome, then Breaking Bad, then Game of Thrones, then Homeland, then Mad Men.  We usually watch them way past their sell-by date on On-demand or Netflix.
Last night, we finished Mad Men.  What a show!  I've been Draperised and Rogered in a right royal Sterling way.  Now what the hell do I watch?

Dexter? Prison Break? American Horror Story?

You seem to have a similar taste (Mad Men, Homeland and Breaking Bad are my favourite shows), so any of these should do.
- Rene Meulensteen

Lighthouse

I tend to watch stuff via DVD and Netflix,Lovefilm etc. Just watched the first episode of MadMen Series 6 on Lovefilm  Rental tonight. Never understood The Wire but loved the rest rest of the stuff mentioned.Watching Dexter, Fringe and The Warehouse on Netflix at the moment. Don't have all these clever cable or Sky things.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Quote from: farfouille on January 04, 2014, 12:21:21 AM

Dexter? Prison Break? American Horror Story?

You seem to have a similar taste (Mad Men, Homeland and Breaking Bad are my favourite shows), so any of these should do.

You are right about homeland, interesting how they take it forward now brody is gone?

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 03, 2014, 11:03:38 PM
All the good stuff on British TV gets cancelled.
Is that why Mrs Browns Boy stays on then?