News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

May be a stupid question but what takes precedence?

Started by General, January 04, 2014, 12:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

A player who signs a pre contract agreement, or a club selling/accepting an offer..? If a pre contract agreement is agreed and then an offer received and accepted by the club that they are under contract with...does that offer undo pre contract agreement.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

One Martin Thomas

Do not know.  Are you referring to Patrick Roberts' situation ?

General

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 04, 2014, 10:02:20 AM
Do not know.  Are you referring to Patrick Roberts' situation ?

No, berbas... If he agrees a pre contract agreement but is still owned by our club, presumably we still have the right to accept offers? If we do, then does that override his personal agreement as we own his contract and therefore are legally entitled to make this decision...? Or does the 6 month clause legally mean that we no longer have ownership over him? I am assuming that is not the case and we still do.

Jamie88

I thought that any player over the age of 24 with less than six months left on his contract were free to talk to any club about a move and sign a pre-contract, but if so they could only move for free at the end of the contract. In Berba's case, if he wanted to move this January then he could but only after Arsenal (or whoever) had submitted a bid first and then discussed contract details.
Thats my take on it anyway

Craven Mad

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 04, 2014, 12:50:49 PM
I thought that any player over the age of 24 with less than six months left on his contract were free to talk to any club about a move and sign a pre-contract, but if so they could only move for free at the end of the contract. In Berba's case, if he wanted to move this January then he could but only after Arsenal (or whoever) had submitted a bid first and then discussed contract details.
Thats my take on it anyway

This sort of arrangement is why Honda has been able to move to AC Milan this month for free.