more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

it sounded like burn freddie and david had good games

Started by fulhamben, January 04, 2014, 04:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

will have to get my lazy ass to the cottage for the replay
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Parkway Drive

Never going to be an easy game after nine changes... Content with the draw.

JBH

Happy wirh that.Burn sounds like he put himself a bit! Good to see Rene giving the youngsters a chance It also sounded like David put in a good shift and Dempsey got 90 mins under his belt. Look forward to draw tomorrow COYW

Luffy86

Would love to hear from someone at the game with their views on their performances, from GJ it sounded like Burn played a blinder especially!

JackyFulham90

Hopefully Burn, David, Plumain & Dembele can replace Hughes, Karagounis,  Duff & Rodallega in the 18 man squad

EJL

David looks like a fantastic player. Both he and Christensen were guilty of going for the Hollywood ball at times, but they look very comfortable on the ball and willing to take up the responsibilities of a playmaker.

Plumain took a while to get control of his touch but gave Norwich's right-back a tough second half with his pace - always looked to get to he byline and play it across.

Burn was terrific. Man of the match for me. He was heading the ball forty yards from Bunn's goal kicks!

Chesh

On that performance, Burn is already a massive improvement on Senderos, Amorebieta & Hughes. A good old fashioned defender who does the basics well. Attacks the ball, and not the man, best debut in years. Plumaine  was equally an instant improvement on Kaca.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

General

I am really excited that this has been done, blooding in young players... I could only listen to gentleman Jim.. Sounds like they were a bit nervous, understandable, but let us not forget that Norwich played their second string so it was an ideal feet finder for them.

Burn has dealt with championship strikers and coped so i would have expected he would deal with their second string strike force.

Good first step and i will be home for the replay which is great. But a bit of perspective.

fulhamben

Quote from: General on January 04, 2014, 06:11:17 PM
I am really excited that this has been done, blooding in young players... I could only listen to gentleman Jim.. Sounds like they were a bit nervous, understandable, but let us not forget that Norwich played their second string so it was an ideal feet finder for them.

Burn has dealt with championship strikers and coped so i would have expected he would deal with their second string strike force.

Good first step and i will be home for the replay which is great. But a bit of perspective.
??????.  our kids played their debuts and done well, hes my perpective... thank god we didnt play our first team, because they normally lose to lower league teams in the cup. can only play whats infront of you and they did well

K33NY

Dan Burn played well today it seems, David with assist, Plumain got to some chances and of what I heard played really well, I smell a great future for them and most likely a better future for Fulham as well with a good mix of youngsters and experienced players :)

res

Burn was excellent, reminded me of a younger Hangeland....always had time on the ball but attacked it when necessary. Showed mature decision making.
David was better than I expected. Decent crosses, always available, but no signs of great pace. Reasonable addition to first team squad.
Plumain was super fast but very raw...has obvious potential
Christenson seemed lightweight to me, not convinced he has the physical aspect, or compensating speed, to his game...but he only played the last 25 minutes.
Stockdale was excellent (again)...a blinding save in the second half and good handling throughout

Supermitch

Also very impressed with Dan Burn today, won everything in the air and looked assured on the ground as well.  Thought Aaron Hughes and he made a good pairing.  Up against Elmander who was useless and van Wolfswinkel who is a good player. 

Plumain was, as already stated, very quick, he lost control a couple of times early on but equally caused them some problems as the second half went on.  Clearly has a lot to learn but has a lot of potential.  David didn't look out of place at all - another left footer but it was a right foot cross for Bent's goal.

I also liked what I saw from Christenson, mind you in comparison to Boateng today anyone would have been an improvement.  Needs to fill out a bit if playing in that role but looked very comfortable on the ball.

It has to be remembered that these are all youngsters and they will have some poor games - it is important that they are supported and not barracked if the odd mistake occurs.

Good to see Dempsey back - not at his best and clearly needs some match time.  For players like him a replay will be a welcome extra fixture.

Luffy86

Loving what I'm hearing from you guys, the future is definitely black & white!!

General

Quote from: fulhamben on January 04, 2014, 06:29:46 PM

??????.  our kids played their debuts and done well, hes my perpective... thank god we didnt play our first team, because they normally lose to lower league teams in the cup. can only play whats infront of you and they did well

Norwich are not a lower league team... Their reserves arguably may be... Which is for a large part what we can say we played.

fulhamben

Quote from: General on January 04, 2014, 09:56:57 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 04, 2014, 06:29:46 PM

??????.  our kids played their debuts and done well, hes my perpective... thank god we didnt play our first team, because they normally lose to lower league teams in the cup. can only play whats infront of you and they did well

Norwich are not a lower league team... Their reserves arguably may be... Which is for a large part what we can say we played.
so what we can say, is the team today did better than our first team in the cup. glad we agree

Classic94

Lots to be encouraged about. Burn MOM, David is comfortable in possession and has a decent range of passing, Plumain is still very raw but looked to take players on, Christensen was okay - not the quickest but good on the ball. Of course, all of these will improve with game time.

MasterHaynes

I thought the longer the game went on the more comfortable David got by the end he looked like he belonged in that position. Burn gave the same level of performance he has put in for both Yeovil & Birmingham taking the stepup in his stride, he was happy to receive the ball and gave you confidence that wouldn't make a mistake. I liked they way he acknowledged the fans before and after the match even gave his shirt away as did Kasami and Plumain.With the success of all the youngsters that played- none looked out of place I would like to see Passeley brought in alongside the others as Zvertovic struggled for pace against their winger and looked dead on his feet in the last 20 minutes struggling to get back.
All in all it was great day out and thank you Fulham for the free coach there and back.

brightster

Very pleased with the performance today from the youngsters Burn very good, a mix of Hangerland and the old Roger Brown when attacking the ball in the air, looks like he will just slot in to our back four nicely. David did ok after a shaky and nervous start got a couple of knocks but battled hard in the centre without much support from Botang who constantly gave the ball away a lot which resulted in them scoring after we took control of the game. Plumain looked fast and is tricky really settled well after a shaky start, was much better with Risse behind him! , Christensen wasn't on long enough for me to make an impact, good passing and reads the game well, but weak in the tackle.
Bit disappointed with  Kasami today, some nice touches but some slack play and didn't defend very well when needed.
Dempsey seemed a bit off the pace at first but got better as the game went on.
Definatley need cover for right back and a natural goal scorer as Bent isn't the answer apart from that I think the squad is shaping up well.

leonffc

Burn did good. Accomplished.
David did nothing exceptional but nothing wrong (in my eyes,don't shoot me).
Plumain-I thought it was Rodellega until I got home lol

Holders

So, from those who went, is Burn ready for the first team and, if so, better than which other options currently available?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria