watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

happy or not with result ?

Started by somerset cockernee, January 04, 2014, 05:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somerset cockernee

I think it was a good result, trying a few of the yoof and not losing is o.k. by me

fulhamben

happy, good result for our reserve/youth team
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

valdeingruo

I think, while it would have been amazing to progress today, it gives us another chance to see our more advanced youngsters again. Plus as Rene showed with 9 changes today, we CAN rotate the squad and still get a result.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

farfouille

Amazing result!

They had 19 shots (6 on target), 55% possession, 7 corners and just one goal...

049:gif
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

YankeeJim

The big question for me is how did Burn handle the step up in competition?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Whiteroom

I think that it is a very positive result, and gives us a lot to be optimistic about. I don't think that it will affect our regular premier league first team much as we used so many youth players and it gives them a chance to do it all again with a home crowd to boost them, and give them a taste of the big-game atmosphere. Good performance by the team, and very good decision by the manger. Hats off.

grandad

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 04, 2014, 05:26:00 PM
Sounded as if he was un-fazed by the step up. Bye, bye Senderos
Where there's a will there's a wife

Parkway Drive

From what I was hearing it sounded as if he did extremely well.

YankeeJim

Quote from: grandad on January 04, 2014, 05:29:43 PM

More likely, thanks for the memories Aaron. Good man. Great team player, but like me, a bit the worse for wear.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 04, 2014, 05:34:29 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 04, 2014, 05:29:43 PM

More likely, thanks for the memories Aaron. Good man. Great team player, but like me, a bit the worse for wear.

More like "neither of the above," since Burn is a left-sided CB, right?

mangoputney

At least our ability to draw has returned
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

David Allen Crankshaw

Was certainly apprehensive when I saw the team that was announced. Pleased with the result and the opportunity to see some of our youngsters at The Cottage for the replay.

Deanothefulhamfan

Really happy.... Our youngsters got game time, we are still in the cup after an away tie, and it gives our youngsters another chance and further experience.

Sounded like stockdale played a blinder, and Burn had a great debut.

Berserker

Bet Kit Symonds is happy
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

somerset cockernee

leonffc

NOT HAPPY!! Before the game were whining that the FA cup was a distraction. Now we've got a replay we are happy. We should have won it in 60 mins and then bought on the shore (Boatang & Zverotic who should never play for the club again)

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on January 04, 2014, 07:19:29 PMNOT HAPPY!! , before the game were whining that the FA cup was a distraction. Now we've got a replay we are happy. We should have won it in 60 mins and then bought on the shore (Boatang & Zverotic who should never play for the club again)
im giving myself a whoosh on thise one

Craven Mad

Quote from: leonffc on January 04, 2014, 07:19:29 PMNOT HAPPY!! , before the game were whining that the FA cup was a distraction. Now we've got a replay we are happy. We should have won it in 60 mins and then bought on the shore (Boatang & Zverotic who should never play for the club again)

Actually, although I didn't want a replay before the game, I'm not disappointed to have one now. Rene - rightly - rested all of our best players, and allowed others to get match fitness, and try out some new things. We may have 1 or 2 new signings by the replay, and the extra match time will allow them to bed in and also let us give the youngsters more pitch time - all without really having to worry about the result.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, we effectively made 3 new signings today - Ange, David & Burn - all of which can now be considered serious options for the first team..

Don't worry. Be happy.

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 04, 2014, 07:26:23 PM
Quote from: leonffc on January 04, 2014, 07:19:29 PM
NOT HAPPY!! fcuk me, before the game were whining that the FA cup was a distraction. Now we've got a replay we are happy. We should have won it in 60 mins and then bought on the shore (Boatang & Zverotic who should never play for the club again)

Actually, although I didn't want a replay before the game, I'm not disappointed to have one now. Rene - rightly - rested all of our best players, and allowed others to get match fitness, and try out some new things. We may have 1 or 2 new signings by the replay, and the extra match time will allow them to bed in and also let us give the youngsters more time - all without really worrying about the result.

As far as I'm concerned, we effectively made 3 new signings today - Ange, David & Burn - all of which can now be a serious option for the first team..

Why so negative????
might be wrong, but i dont think any new signings will be eligible for the replay

Deanothefulhamfan

I understand you went to the game, and not happy with waste of money you feel you have lost, but I would have loved to have been there today seeing our youngsters play. The fans were awesome by all accounts.

Try and put a different spin on this, a replay means more experience and exposure for our youngsters. Which first team players will be affectee by the replay? Stockdale, and maybe one other perhaps? Away in the cup is always tricky  regardless of the opposition, so we now bring them back to our place where we will be favourites. We also get more money.... and are still in the draw

As I say I can understand your frustartions with the money and effort spent today, but a replay is not bad on reflection imo.