https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who is Plumain???

Started by Fulham76, January 04, 2014, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 04, 2014, 10:57:14 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on January 04, 2014, 10:53:18 PM
We seem to have some top quality youngsters on the books. Our youth set up has quietly gone about becoming one of the best.

Everton's programme the other week stated our youth team as the very best at the moment.  Who is responsible for this?  Jol?  Jennings?  Kit?  GREAT JOB.

Certainly not down to Jol, I know I'm biased but I believe we have the best academy in the country with the best people, people like Hew Jennings, Malcolm Elias, lee Hagger, Geoff Noonan  and John Obrien, not forgetting coaches like Steve Wigley and Kit
Credit to Alistair Mackintosh who is a big supporter of the academy and good that we have a manager who will give youngsters a chance

LRCN

Quote from: fulhamben on January 04, 2014, 11:20:45 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on January 04, 2014, 11:18:48 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 04, 2014, 11:13:09 PM
and our true gem from the academy is still only 16. although we will probably sell him at the first opportunity

Who?
Patrick Roberts

hes signed a pre contract.

Jamie88

Quote from: LRCN on January 05, 2014, 12:52:04 PM
and our true gem from the academy is still only 16. although we will probably sell him at the first opportunity

Who?
Patrick Roberts

Quality, how do you know that?

fulhamben

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 05, 2014, 01:05:25 PM

Who?
Patrick Roberts

that would be amazing if so
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

Quote from: fulhamben on January 05, 2014, 01:57:48 PM

Who?
Patrick Roberts

Another one I'd never heard of... Think I need to focus a bit more on the youth set up.
Just been reading about him. Still only 16 but playing for the U18's with Man Utd & Liverpool both interested. And English.
Hopefully we've got him committed.

Neil D

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 05, 2014, 02:06:38 PM

Who?
Patrick Roberts

Another one I'd never heard of... Think I need to focus a bit more on the youth set up.
Just been reading about him. Still only 16 but playing for the U18's with Man Utd & Liverpool both interested. And English.

He's been playing for the u18s for a couple of years.
Two great feet but still got a lot to learn.

He isn't going anywhere at least for the time being, a local lad aswell which is even better

Jack Fulham

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 05, 2014, 03:02:11 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on January 05, 2014, 02:06:38 PM

Who?
Patrick Roberts

He's been playing for the u18s for a couple of years.
Two great feet but still got a lot to learn.

He isn't going anywhere at least for the time being, a local lad aswell which is even better

I went to watch an U18 game last year and another fulham fan told me he's from Liverpool supporting family and his dad wants him to go Liverpool. I hope we can hold on to him though, give him a few years in the first team before he moves on.

cmg

Re: Patrick Roberts and others.

I take the liberty of reproducing froma post a few days ago an extract from FA Regulations concerning u17 players:

>I am not a legal expert, but I feel a little more relaxed about the subject having read these clauses in the FA regulations concerning Scholarship Contracts (which all our top 16 year olds have signed) - Regulation 3C

'(iv) Neither a Club nor any person shall induce or attempt to induce such a
Player on a Scholarship to leave the Club for which the Player is registered.

(v) A Player who is registered on a Scholarship may play for another
Club subject to the written approval of the Club for which the Player is
registered. A copy of the written permission must be received by The
Association, the league or combination of which the Club is a member,
the Player and the Club for which the Player is to play. A Club may not
play more than two such Players in any match at first team level.

(vi) If a Player on a Scholarship wishes to become a Player under written
contract, the Club for which the Player was registered on a Scholarship
shall be entitled to the registration of such Player as a Player under
written contract. If the Club does not wish to exercise its entitlement the
Player shall be free to register for any other Club
.<

MasterHaynes

The question is, when does the scholarship period end, I thought it was their 17th birthday. Isn't this the reason why we got Plumain for nothing as he did not sign a pro contract with Lens after his 17th birthday and they thought he was theirs under the scholarship system

cmg

Quote from: MasterHaynes on January 05, 2014, 06:01:06 PM
The question is, when does the scholarship period end, I thought it was their 17th birthday. Isn't this the reason why we got Plumain for nothing as he did not sign a pro contract with Lens after his 17th birthday and they thought he was theirs under the scholarship system

Yeah, it's fraught with all kinds of complications, isn't it?

There are one or two differences with the Plumain business. For a start the French regs are, I think, different, allowing players to sign at 16. Plumain is a few years older and had signed some kind of pro contract with Lens, it seems, which Fulham believed had run out or could be negated.

Purely domestic issues may be a bit more straightforward (!).
It would seem to me that Fulham have a certain call on the registration of young players they have signed to Scholarship Agreements, of course if they don't make the player a good enough offer this will count for nothing.

Jack Fulham

I think its different in France. They don't sign a pro contract until they're 18.

cmg

Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 05, 2014, 06:38:58 PM

I think its different in France. They don't sign a pro contract until they're 18.

That would make more sense than what I wrote above. Whatever he signed for Lens at 16 was not binding.

HillingdonFFC

Plumain looked very promising yesterday . As for Patrick Roberts, there's a few videos on YouTube of him playing for England and Fulham, looks to be a bit special that kid. Know for a fact Man Utd and Liverpool are keeping a very close on him, once he turns 17 and signs a pro contract what's to stop a big club from tapping him up and paying a nominal fee to take him off our hands ?

Jamie88

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 05, 2014, 07:24:45 PM
Plumain looked very promising yesterday . As for Patrick Roberts, there's a few videos on YouTube of him playing for England and Fulham, looks to be a bit special that kid. Know for a fact Man Utd and Liverpool are keeping a very close on him, once he turns 17 and signs a pro contract what's to stop a big club from tapping him up and paying a nominal fee to take him off our hands ?
Is it not illegal to 'tap' players up? If he signs a pro contract with us then it is up to the club to accept or reject offers, so if a club came in with a nominal fee, we would rightly reject it.

Ordar

Liked the look of him when he came on. He was very direct, and actually took fullback on. They ended up doubling up on him. Looked far more dangerous than Kacanikic

hovewhite

Play the kid from the off in the replay as we know what kaka offers already.