watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oooh let's play a weakened side!!

Started by leonffc, January 04, 2014, 07:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Well, the useless Boatang who couldn't pass 5 yards and the even worse Zverotic who was constantly roasted were both absolutely shocking, both at fault for the goal and are basically both rubbish. Boatang didn't complete a 5 yard pass under pressure all day.
So, all those that wanted to play a weak side to 'save our legs' have got their way. A nice restful REPLAY in a week or so. Brilliant wishing !! Including Rene.

grandad

Ooooh. Possibly the 1st anti Rene post. Replay means more money, more playing time for the kids, in the draw for the 4th Round & more unbiased commentary from Gentleman Jim. Good result
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

by playing this team Rene would of been able to see in a match situation who he wants to keep from the fringe players he played. It was a wise move to rest a fair few of the players so they are fully fit for the Sunderland game.
Every day is a Fulham day

MikeW

Haven't seen anything but very disappointed in the comments about Boateng.  But what do I know?  He looked decent when I last saw him.  Delighted with the youngsters playing and particularly Dan Burn who is one we can build team around.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

leonffc

Not anti Rene. I'm looking for a reaction to those who wanted to play a weak side to save our legs for the league. We did it and now have a replay!! Logic says we should have gone to win it (like I've argued in other posts). We have a week to recover. Get it done!!

Chesh

Quote from: leonffc on January 04, 2014, 07:15:20 PM
Well, the useless Boatang who couldn't pass 5 yards and the even worse Zverotic who was constantly roasted were both absolutely shocking, both at fault for the goal and are basically both poo. Boatang didn't complete a 5 yard pass under pressure all day.
So, all those that wanted to play a weak side to 'save our legs' have got their way. A nice restful REPLAY in a week or so. Brilliant wishing mugs!! Including Rene.
RM got to confirm they are not first team quality, and that a few others indeed are. Was the perfect team selection imo. Burn and Plumaine were well worth their place, as was David. Think you are therefore wrong as most that went seem happy enough on the way home.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

The Old Count

Quote from: leonffc on January 04, 2014, 07:40:14 PM
Not anti Rene. I'm looking for a reaction to those who wanted to play a weak side to save our legs for the league. We did it and now have a replay!! Logic says we should have gone to win it (like I've argued in other posts). We have a week to recover. Get it done!!

We saved the legs of many of our team by playing youngsters and fringe players. We will do the same for the replay so what's the problem?

Have you been putting the wrong sort of mushrooms in your omelete?

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on January 04, 2014, 07:40:14 PM
pretty sure we saved 9 sets of legs that played against westham. and i expect the same sort of team to start the replay.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jambo

What did you want?  Play Berba or Parker and they get injured?  What would the reaction had been then?  Give 4 promising youngsters their debuts to see how they handle big games, excellent, something many have been asking for.  

Rene would have learned more about his squad today than any other game.  Replay not ideal but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

fulhamben

Quote from: Jambo on January 04, 2014, 07:46:03 PM
What did you want?  Play Berba or Parker and they get injured?  What would the reaction had been then?  Give 4 promising youngsters their debuts to see how they handle big games, excellent, something many have been asking for. 

Rene would have learned more about his squad today than any other game.  Replay not ideal but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
i think the replay is perfect. can play some fringe and youth again. and if something drastic does happen to the first team squad, then we could just play a full under 21 team.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

res

Felt a bit sorry for Boateng, he had loads of the ball, had loads of little passes, and lost the ball too many times....but that was partly due to no movement up front from Bent, Kasami and Kaka (which was the most disappointing thing about this p.m.'s performance.

On balance, Rene got it right. 4 debuts, playing time for squad players, and resting for key players with Premiership survival in mind. OK, we have a replay that we could do without (as could Norwich), but more first team playing time in the replay for the likes of David/Plumain/Christensen/others is a good thing. As for Burn, there's no reason why he can't be an integral part of our first team now on the basis of this p.m.

Sgt Fulham

A draw against Norwich away with 9 or so changes isn't a bad result. I like that the replay gives our young prospects another chance to shine, this time at home. Plumain, David, Burn, Dembele (MKII) etc are all players I want given a chance. Quality players aren't produced on the bench.

leonffc

We have 7 days to recover. Go in to the Sunderland game on the back if two wins - happy days.
Now we go in on the back of one win, a draw, and a shitty replay. Less fresh legs than we would have had on the back if a win today.
The only positives are that Zverotic and Boatang can be bombed out before Feb. useless!!

leonffc

Res: Boatang had loads of 5 yard passes to make. He just wasn't capable. Awful !!

MJG

It was worth it just to give those four players their debuts. Look at the bigger picture.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

K33NY

I think it was a good decission to let the youngsters and non first choice players play this one, its the perfect way for RM to find out who is good enough and whos not. Didnt see the match but by the looks of it, Boateng is gone end of season I guess... he hasnt been good at all... Bent did score, but I still think we need a better striker, if not now deffinetly for the next season! Burn did really well and I would say let him play for us ahead as well. Davis with assist of the goal, but how was he otherwise, anyone here who was at the game ho could answer that perhaps? :)

For me the FA cup is not a priority now, its only the League for me, resting the others and try the youngsters was a correct choice!

BR

I've always liked Boateng, but he was awful today and was rightfully subbed. His poor passing aside, what I liked least was his refusal to take any responsibility with the ball. Even when in space he passed backwards and left them the responsibility of linking with our players further upfield. Really poor.

SKSW6

Quote from: leonffc on January 04, 2014, 08:04:01 PM
We have 7 days to recover. Go in to the Sunderland game on the back if two wins - happy days.
Now we go in on the back of one win, a draw, and a shitty replay. Less fresh legs than we would have had on the back if a win today.
The only positives are that Zverotic and Boatang can be bombed out before Feb. useless!!

We have 7 days to recover NOW, but we were coming into the game off the back of the packed Christmas schedule.

St Eve

i have no problem with the team or the result. A replay gives the fringe players another run out. We saved the legs and possible injury to key players. And by the way our reserves drew away to a premiership team.

Fulham John

Quote from: res on January 04, 2014, 07:55:08 PM
Felt a bit sorry for Boateng, he had loads of the ball, had loads of little passes, and lost the ball too many times....but that was partly due to no movement up front from Bent, Kasami and Kaka (which was the most disappointing thing about this p.m.'s performance.

On balance, Rene got it right. 4 debuts, playing time for squad players, and resting for key players with Premiership survival in mind. OK, we have a replay that we could do without (as could Norwich), but more first team playing time in the replay for the likes of David/Plumain/Christensen/others is a good thing. As for Burn, there's no reason why he can't be an integral part of our first team now on the basis of this p.m.

Spot on.