watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your favourite!

Started by K33NY, January 04, 2014, 08:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

For me there is only one Davies (both spellings) and that's Gordon 'Ivor' Davies. Never forget pretending to be him in the school playground scoring and then giving a David Coleman "Davies, 1-0".

Also have to mention Paul Parker, best right back I've seen play for us and we've had some decent ones over the years.

Gozorich

Graham Leggatt, Bobby Robson and Boa.

Burt

My top 5:
1. Ivor
2. Roger Brown
3. Sean Davis.
4. Louis Saha.
5. Brian McBride.

With apologies to Rufus, Boa, Steeeeeeeed, Dembele, Finan, Clarke, Parker, Pesch, VDS, Dixie, and all the others that have given me enjoyment down the years.

Burt

Quote from: Gozorich on January 06, 2014, 01:10:05 PM
Graham Leggatt, Bobby Robson and Boa.

Hey Gozorich did you get my PM?

valdeingruo

From what ive seen over the years i think there is no other way of saying Steeeeeeed other than the listed.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Holders

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 06, 2014, 11:41:50 AM
Quote from: Holders on January 06, 2014, 09:13:17 AM
How did I forget Fred Callaghan? Shall never forget his goal at Charlton. Also Darren Freeman and Danny Cullip, left behind by the money era.

...I was at the not so happy Valley to see Fred (Tank) Callaghan's goal at Charlton, I actually kept that programme, Fred's equalizer basically kept us up and consigned Charlton to the drop if I remember rightly. I was right at the top of the east terrace (if you never saw it - it was one of the highest terraces I have seen, bigger than Villa's old Holte end and Wolves). Big barney before the game at a local, smashed windows etc., and the coach got bricked after the game..!

I was just to the side of the goal for the equaliser. When Fred came up (and he rarely did) I thought that if anyone were going to score it would be him.

If you still have the programme, the editorial says something like "Charlton's season isn't exciting this year as we're not in danger of relegation and not pushing for promotion" We were below them before that game but they went down and we stayed up.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ltd-ffc

when I was younger (im early 20's) i use to love saha then it was steed and mcbride later on it was dempsey& dembele and strangely enough AJ the first game i took the missus to he scored and with her choosing we bagged a big bet payout. shame he went to QParse I always excited when he ran through the lines and the worldies he scored in the europa
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MOR :

MOR's 11 Fulham Favourites

Tony Macedo
George Cohen
Robbie Herrera
Steed Malbranque
Roger Brown
Bobby Moore
George Best
Brian McBride
John Mitchell
Johnny Haynes
Les Barrett

Manager - Alec Stock

Jack Fulham

Luis Boa Morte was my hero growing up. Adopted the good and the bad from him as a left winger. Yet to bite someone though!

CorkedHat

Quote from: Peabody on January 06, 2014, 12:19:20 PM
Why has not mentioned the legend that was Bedford Jezzard, or the one club players like Arthur Stevens or Joe Bacuzzi. Also Eddie Lowe and Tony Macedo and of course our only World Cup winner George Cohen. The list goes on.

What this thread has demonstrated is that we have had some great players wear the black and white of our beloved team.  Conversely there have been a few mentioned who I wouldn't select for my local pub team, but that is because they have been nominated by our newer supporters, and I am an old fart.
That being the case, in my view nobody compares  with John Norman Haynes, followed by the other ten men he led for so long – Macedo, Cohen, Langley, Mullery, Bentley, Lowe, Stevens, Robson, Jezzard, and Chamberlain. Add to these Leggatt, Jim Taylor, Joe Bacuzzi and Gordon Davies and you have my squad of the century.
For sheer guts and determination and the bloke you would most wish to have at your side in the trenches - Fred Callaghan without any hesitation

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

K33NY

Quote from: CorkedHat on January 07, 2014, 02:18:38 AM
Quote from: Peabody on January 06, 2014, 12:19:20 PM
Why has not mentioned the legend that was Bedford Jezzard, or the one club players like Arthur Stevens or Joe Bacuzzi. Also Eddie Lowe and Tony Macedo and of course our only World Cup winner George Cohen. The list goes on.

What this thread has demonstrated is that we have had some great players wear the black and white of our beloved team.  Conversely there have been a few mentioned who I wouldn't select for my local pub team, but that is because they have been nominated by our newer supporters, and I am an old fart.
That being the case, in my view nobody compares  with John Norman Haynes, followed by the other ten men he led for so long – Macedo, Cohen, Langley, Mullery, Bentley, Lowe, Stevens, Robson, Jezzard, and Chamberlain. Add to these Leggatt, Jim Taylor, Joe Bacuzzi and Gordon Davies and you have my squad of the century.
For sheer guts and determination and the bloke you would most wish to have at your side in the trenches - Fred Callaghan without any hesitation

I didnt know my post would  be so popular! I love reading everyones personal favourite players! And as you say we had some great players here!

ron

Quote from: DukeTyrion on January 04, 2014, 09:43:59 PM
Mark Blake

Simon Morgan

Chris Coleman

Lee Clark

I kind of like watching blood and guts players.

In that case, it's probably worth adding Bobby Keetch to that list !

Southcoastffc

Here's my 'nice guys' 18 man squad.  Lord knows what formation they'd play but definite starters would be *

Maik Taylor*
Steve Finnan*
Jerome Bonnisel*
Rufus Brevett*
Alain Goma*
Chris Baird
Martin Djetou
Sylvain Legwinski*
Sean Davis*
John Collins*
Facundo Sava*
Brian McBride*
Barry Hayles
Bjaerne Goldbaek
Luis Boa Morte*
Erik Nevland
Zolta Gera*
Edwin Van der Sar
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

rusty shackleford

Im surprised more people havent said Hangeland.

Best CB of the Prem era, and a stand up guy to boot

Burt

Quote from: Holders on January 06, 2014, 01:26:09 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on January 06, 2014, 11:41:50 AM
Quote from: Holders on January 06, 2014, 09:13:17 AM
How did I forget Fred Callaghan? Shall never forget his goal at Charlton. Also Darren Freeman and Danny Cullip, left behind by the money era.

...I was at the not so happy Valley to see Fred (Tank) Callaghan's goal at Charlton, I actually kept that programme, Fred's equalizer basically kept us up and consigned Charlton to the drop if I remember rightly. I was right at the top of the east terrace (if you never saw it - it was one of the highest terraces I have seen, bigger than Villa's old Holte end and Wolves). Big barney before the game at a local, smashed windows etc., and the coach got bricked after the game..!

I was just to the side of the goal for the equaliser. When Fred came up (and he rarely did) I thought that if anyone were going to score it would be him.

If you still have the programme, the editorial says something like "Charlton's season isn't exciting this year as we're not in danger of relegation and not pushing for promotion" We were below them before that game but they went down and we stayed up.

Here's how big the east stand was...

LBNo11

... great shot of the East terrace Burt, but from the air the dimensions are a little lost. This is what the terrace looked like in it's hey-day:-

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

K33NY

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 07, 2014, 09:09:54 PM
... great shot of the East terrace Burt, but from the air the dimensions are a little lost. This is what the terrace looked like in it's hey-day:-

I LOVE that picture!

mouse

1.Alan Clarke
2.Les Barrett
3.Steed Malbranque
4.John Mitchell
5.Johnny Norman Haynes *****