watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

happy or not with result ?

Started by somerset cockernee, January 04, 2014, 05:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

I could not find the match and instead read the match ticker.  Did Dempsey even play?  His name was not mentioned in the game notes.  I really hate it when Fulham gets slighted with little and no coverage but I guess I should be used to it by now.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Deanothefulhamfan

Dempsey pkayed nightwind, had a shot early on but nothing much more. GJ said he looked really rusty or words.to that affect. Probably not his best game but valuable minutes for him to get back upto speed.

MikeW

Senderos is history in my book but Hughes can hold his own and will be a good mentor for Burn.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

leonffc

Deano, the fact that I went and paid out money for the whole day is kind of irrelevant. I'm pissed off with people saying that we should play a reserve side to save legs. We could have won today then have 7 days before our next game but now have a replay where 1st team players will be involved!!
Yeah players got experience but we could have won. People saying beforehand that they didn't care if we had won are now happy with a replay!! Delusional!! Win. Move on. That's where the rest is!!
Boatang and Zverotic should go now!!

Nightwind15

For a professional footballer 7 days off is actually too much rest during the season. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Pluto

Very happy with the result. The replay will beat home and will give us another chance to look at the youngsters and fringe players.

Luffy86

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 04, 2014, 07:26:23 PM
Quote from: leonffc on January 04, 2014, 07:19:29 PM
NOT HAPPY!! , before the game were whining that the FA cup was a distraction. Now we've got a replay we are happy. We should have won it in 60 mins and then bought on the shore (Boatang & Zverotic who should never play for the club again)

Actually, although I didn't want a replay before the game, I'm not disappointed to have one now. Rene - rightly - rested all of our best players, and allowed others to get match fitness, and try out some new things. We may have 1 or 2 new signings by the replay, and the extra match time will allow them to bed in and also let us give the youngsters more pitch time - all without really having to worry about the result.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, we effectively made 3 new signings today - Ange, David & Burn - all of which can now be considered serious options for the first team..

Don't worry. Be happy.

Basically took the words out of my mouth, struggling anyhow as I've had a couple of stellas.....
Great confidence boost for the fringe and youth players...
Future is bright for us..

nose

happy, the replay is a chance to see us in the FA Cup

JBH

Quote from: leonffc on January 04, 2014, 07:19:29 PM
NOT HAPPY!! Before the game were whining that the FA cup was a distraction. Now we've got a replay we are happy. We should have won it in 60 mins and then bought on the shore (Boatang & Zverotic who should never play for the club again)

I'd rather have a replay than be out of the cup as I trust Rene to rotate the players as he feels fit  065.gif still you can't please everyone  :doh:

TheManOnTheBus

Happy. Good to go to the cottage under lights.  A chance to see the youth/Dempsey (latter may never actually start in a PL game in his two months here!).

Alan

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 04, 2014, 05:34:29 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 04, 2014, 05:29:43 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on January 04, 2014, 05:26:00 PM
The big question for me is how did Burn handle the step up in competition?
Sounded as if he was un-fazed by the step up. Bye, bye Senderos

More likely, thanks for the memories Aaron. Good man. Great team player, but like me, a bit the worse for wear.

That's my thinking. Well, apart from the comparison to yourself YJ...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

epsomraver

Quote from: leonffc on January 04, 2014, 08:19:23 PM
Deano, the fact that I went and paid out money for the whole day is kind of irrelevant. I'm pissed off with people saying that we should play a reserve side to save legs. We could have won today then have 7 days before our next game but now have a replay where 1st team players will be involved!!
Yeah players got experience but we could have won. People saying beforehand that they didn't care if we had won are now happy with a replay!! Delusional!! Win. Move on. That's where the rest is!!
Boatang and Zverotic should go now!!

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

Travers Barney

Was impressed with David...thought that he was bright inventive and more importantly brave with his passing.

The Dane looked unfazed neat and tidy and Burn competent.

The left winger was sharpish for sure.

Loads more to follow too...we should have enough experience managerially speaking to introduce them at the correct time.

Good trip and though I take your point Leon (good to see you Saturday by the way)...we did have a fair few replays in 75 to contend with and managed ok... albeit in a less perilous league predicament and lower division (destroying my own argument here!)

Good banter and sing songs on the 8 o clock train home with some fine old school Fulhamers.

coyw
We are the whites