Main Menu

Aaron Hughes

Started by Luffy86, January 05, 2014, 11:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph

Quote from: leonffc on January 06, 2014, 12:51:37 PM
Quote from: Rudolph on January 06, 2014, 12:12:24 PM
Quote from: leonffc on January 06, 2014, 09:09:15 AM
Watching it in real time I held Boatang and Zverotic responsible. I still do.

Aaron "teflon" Hughes when the blame is getting thrown around. 

I knew you'd pop up eventually  :dft011:

As I clearly typed - watching inreal time. I saw Boatang give yet another ball away and Zverotic get outdone yet again. I didnt notice the Hughes bit but he was the third part of this. He certainly isn't responsible alone

The "I still do" part of your post leads me to think you've had time to reflect and watch again, only to come to the same conclusion, hence my "teflon" reference.

leonffc

Quote from: Rudolph on January 06, 2014, 02:57:30 PM

As I clearly typed - watching inreal time. I saw Boatang give yet another ball away and Zverotic get outdone yet again. I didnt notice the Hughes bit but he was the third part of this. He certainly isn't responsible alone

The "I still do" part of your post leads me to think you've had time to reflect and watch again, only to come to the same conclusion, hence my "teflon" reference.

"I still do" because I have only seen the goal once on TV, when I got home from the game rather drunk.

Rudolph

Quote from: leonffc on January 06, 2014, 03:01:58 PM
Quote from: Rudolph on January 06, 2014, 02:57:30 PM

"I still do" because I have only seen the goal once on TV, when I got home from the game rather drunk.

That clears that one up. 

ltd-ffc

boateng was useless and more to blame zverotic was not good enough hughes was only partially to blame however could hughes not form a proper partnership with burn for now as burn looks the closest we will get to having brede
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Rudolph

Quote from: ltd-ffc on January 06, 2014, 04:02:09 PM
boateng was useless and more to blame zverotic was not good enough hughes was only partially to blame however could hughes not form a proper partnership with burn for now as burn looks the closest we will get to having brede

Again, another mitigation of blame due to others.  There must be some players who could only dream of such consideration.

epsomraver

after watching Senderos last Wednesday against Spam I defended his performance against  a lot on here mainly armchair watchers and said he played a good game, yet you take every chance to slag off Hughes on here, a player who has the ability to read the game better than most of the rest and whose cover work goes unnoticed week in week out.That is your failing, I do not have a fixation for slagging off a player for the sake of it , you do,  Do you ever go and watch a game?

MasterHaynes

Agree with this, accurate pass from the byline to an onrushing player the attacker is always favorite, header from 5 yards it can only be a reaction save, Goalkeeper saves it, its wonder save partially saves it then he gets the blame bit unfair.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: MasterHaynes on January 07, 2014, 07:56:45 AM
header from 5 yards it can only be a reaction save, Goalkeeper saves it, its wonder save partially saves it then he gets the blame bit unfair.

That was my thought on it - seemed a bit harsh for him to be getting the blame on a goal like that.  Though he possibly COULD have done better, I doubt he should have been expected to do better.

westcliff white

i find it hard to say a player made a mistake which cost a goal when 2 or 3 players before hand had put him in that situation. I said stockdale could have done better in a post but i also said at the same time the ball should never had been in that place first up. Boatang and Zvertotic should have done better, Hughes could have done better but was in a situation that should have been cleared twice earlier. Very harsh to blame him.

I am sure he knows he could have done better but I am sure he also had words with the other 2 saying they should have done better as well.

Re senderos (i am not a fan at all) but he has done well this year, he was ok against west ham, he did however (for their goal) get sucked under the ball when if he had stood still could have cleared with a simple header, but that's nit picking.
Every day is a Fulham day

Peabody

Now you are not going to like this, because you are only giving opinions and this is the place to do it but too many of you want to play the blame game and too many of you do not have the talent to tie some players boot laces. How anyone can criticise Arron Hughes after the sterling service he has given this club is beyond me. Any player, at any level is prone to the odd mistake, the fact that Hughes age has caught up with him is beyond doubt but surely what he has done for Fulham should not allow someone, who can't do.nearly half as well, to label him with the tag "Teflon".

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on January 06, 2014, 11:42:07 PM
after watching Senderos last Wednesday against Spam I defended his performance against  a lot on here mainly armchair watchers and said he played a good game, yet you take every chance to slag off Hughes on here, a player who has the ability to read the game better than most of the rest and whose cover work goes unnoticed week in week out.That is your failing, I do not have a fixation for slagging off a player for the sake of it , you do,  Do you ever go and watch a game?

I do watch the game and have a season ticket, hearing first hand the abuse that certain players get (I include Richardson along with the obvious) and come away perplexed at the lack of support for a player at home in white.  

Let's step away from the individuals involved and talk about fairness.  Is it right that some have their faults overlooked due to previous service, whilst others get lambasted for not controlling a bad ball given by the keeper?  Yet this happens week in, week out.  I WISH that the crowd would be more even-handed in their approach as booing our own lads gives the opposition an advantage.

FFC1987

I think its just part and parcel of the spectating game. Some people just like don't other people regardless. They may have a change of heart one week but it soon reverts back once something happens. Its hard coded into our nature. We are fickle. Well i'm not but everyone else is. :)

westcliff white

I always support a player who plays on the day for fulham, I never shout out at them when they do a mistake just the way I am. But i do vent on here about players, Senderos has been one, Richardson another, Riise at times too, there are more I am sure. The 3 I have mentioned have recently been playing better. But If I had to choose between HUghes and Senderos (ASSUMING both playing well) then I would choose Hughes as he has always been more consistant. He and Hangers were solid for years, Senderos is getting better and playing more consistantly but I am sorry Rudolph I would still choose Hughes (as i say assuming both on top form).

Personally I think we need to get Hangers fit and play burn alongside him
Every day is a Fulham day

leonffc

Quote from: Rudolph on January 07, 2014, 11:33:29 AM
after watching Senderos last Wednesday against Spam I defended his performance against  a lot on here mainly armchair watchers and said he played a good game, yet you take every chance to slag off Hughes on here, a player who has the ability to read the game better than most of the rest and whose cover work goes unnoticed week in week out.That is your failing, I do not have a fixation for slagging off a player for the sake of it , you do,  Do you ever go and watch a game?

Let's step away from the individuals involved and talk about fairness.  Is it right that some have their faults overlooked due to previous service, whilst others get lambasted for not controlling a bad ball given by the keeper?  Yet this happens week in, week out.  I WISH that the crowd would be more even-handed in their approach as booing our own lads gives the opposition an advantage.

I remember under Sanchez when Chris Baird was having a bad time, playing in an unfavoured position at right back and his confidence was rock bottom.
Danny Murphy gave him the hospital pass of all passes and Baird, through no fault if his own lost the ball and the opposition almost scored. Who got it in the neck? Bairdinho of course. I really felt for him that day but he turned it around and became a favourite. Hughes was another that got slated in his early days and I always pointed out that just because he goes about his business quietly it doesn't mean he's not effective. He too turned it around to become a favourite and deservedly so after being an unsung hero.
I guess it's in Senderos's court to turn it around!! (And that's not me slating Senderos, I have tried not to be critical of him for a while)

Rudolph

Quote from: leonffc on January 07, 2014, 12:11:28 PM
after watching Senderos last Wednesday against Spam I defended his performance against  a lot on here mainly armchair watchers and said he played a good game, yet you take every chance to slag off Hughes on here, a player who has the ability to read the game better than most of the rest and whose cover work goes unnoticed week in week out.That is your failing, I do not have a fixation for slagging off a player for the sake of it , you do,  Do you ever go and watch a game?

Let's step away from the individuals involved and talk about fairness.  Is it right that some have their faults overlooked due to previous service, whilst others get lambasted for not controlling a bad ball given by the keeper?  Yet this happens week in, week out.  I WISH that the crowd would be more even-handed in their approach as booing our own lads gives the opposition an advantage.

I remember under Sanchez when Chris Baird was having a bad time, playing in an unfavoured position at right back and his confidence was rock bottom.
Danny Murphy gave him the hospital pass of all passes and Baird, through no fault if his own lost the ball and the opposition almost scored. Who got it in the neck? Bairdinho of course. I really felt for him that day but he turned it around and became a favourite. Hughes was another that got slated in his early days and I always pointed out that just because he goes about his business quietly it doesn't mean he's not effective. He too turned it around to become a favourite and deservedly so after being an unsung hero.
I guess it's in Senderos's court to turn it around!! (And that's not me slating Senderos, I have tried not to be critical of him for a while)

Well said, although I doubt that Senderos will ever be able to turn the crowd around and should move on.  We just have to be realistic on the level of defender we can get in to replace him.

epsomraver

I do watch the game and have a season ticket, hearing first hand the abuse that certain players get (I include Richardson along with the obvious) and come away perplexed at the lack of support for a player at home in white.  

I fully agree, You could have a punch up every game with some "fans" who what ever the player does they continually slag them off all game, two " posh" blokes behind me get on Hangeland's back yet fail to praise him when he does a good tackle etc,They used to slag off Lee Clarke even when he wasn't playing!  we really have our share of moaners and Senderos does get a lot , I have to say not always deserved

bobby01

I remember that Baird incident so well, at the right hand edge of the box. It was the only time at the cottage I have had a row with people who we're blaming Baird, odd towing with people you sat with for years.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

leonffc

Quote from: bobby01 on January 07, 2014, 06:00:12 PM

I remember that Baird incident so well, at the right hand edge of the box. It was the only time at the cottage I have had a row with people who we're blaming Baird, odd towing with people you sat with for years.

Thats the one. I still remember the look on poor Bairds face and I was sat up in H3!! I really felt for him that day.

Having said that, it was probably the only time Murphy didn't get abuse in those days. He seemed to play some great passes but because Soel Hi Kyon didn't understand what was going on around him, or Bouazza's shoulder flew out of its socket mid run, Murph got the blame because his 'legs had gone'.