News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best public transport (mostly) route from Amersham to Craven Cottage?

Started by Neil D, January 05, 2014, 02:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

I know there are a few Fulham fans in the South Chilterns and I would love to know how they get to the Cottage on a Saturday.  Traditionally, I drive to West Ruislip, get the Central Line to White City and bus to Fulham Palace Rd.  Is there a quicker route that I don't know about?  Berkhamsted to Shepherds Bush by train springs to mind but then what?

Burt

I would have thought that West Ruislip to Notting Hill Gate on the Central, then District Line to Putney Bridge, would be quicker?

Neil D

Possibly - it avoids the bus journey and any unpredictable congestion but then there's the 15 minute walk back from Putney Bridge.

HillingdonFFC

Is it just not quicker to get the Marylebone train from Amersham, takes about 35-40 mins. Walk fives mins to Baker St or a few more to Edgware Rd and get H&C or Circle line to Hammersmith?.
Don't see the point of driving up to Berkhamsted. If you go to West Ruislip you might also want to consider the Oxford Express from Hillingdon station, generally by the far the quickest way into London. Going to Norwich Saturday,we got from Hillingdon to Liverpool St via Central line from Marble Arch in 45 mins 

ron

I gave up on public transport,I.e. The tube because of cost, convenience, but principally the irritation when the rail replacement buses left me fuming in huge traffic jams in chiswick high road.

I now drive, routing via polish war memorial,Hayes bypass,parkway, great west rd, isleworth kew bridge and park in Putney...then some grub and a gentle walk over the bridge and through bishops park. The m4 and hammersmith tailbacks are avoided.

I can then listen to my own music etc all the way to my front door. Much better than being a sardine on the tube.

Neil D

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 06, 2014, 09:30:34 AM
Is it just not quicker to get the Marylebone train from Amersham, takes about 35-40 mins. Walk fives mins to Baker St or a few more to Edgware Rd and get H&C or Circle line to Hammersmith?.
That seems like a good option - Amersham to Marylebone via Chiltern Line and then a very brisk 10 min walk to Edgware Rd for the 14.15 to Putney Bridge at 14.34. Craven Cottage 15 mins later.  I'm not sure about Hammersmith - how long is the walk from the Cottage?

fulhamdk

According to walkit.com it is 1.4 miles,21 minutes.when i come to craven cottagei stay in shepherdsbush road and walk to the ground,nice easy walk.

Neil D

Quote from: fulhamdk on January 06, 2014, 01:09:30 PM
According to walkit.com it is 1.4 miles,21 minutes.when i come to craven cottagei stay in shepherdsbush road and walk to the ground,nice easy walk.
Thanks for that.  Marginally longer than from Putney Bridge.  Useful website too.