watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trotta is back

Started by Jack Fulham, January 05, 2014, 06:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Returned from his loan spell today. Brentford are desperate to resign him on loan. Reported interest from teams in Serie B so we could potentially loan/sell him to an Italian club. I wonder if we will give him a run out in Norwich replay before we send him on to continue his development.

aaronmcguigan

Can't play against Norwich. He played in 2nd round v Carlisle so he's cup tied

Supermitch

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on January 05, 2014, 06:50:00 PM
Can't play against Norwich. He played in 2nd round v Carlisle so he's cup tied

Beat me to it - I saw him play in the first round (he scored the 4th of 5) v Staines Town

Neil D

Can't see the point of packing him off to Serie B - unless he wants the move to strengthen his claim to an U21 place.  If he's not going to figure in the senior squad, he should stay with Brentford.  League 1 is a better preparation than Serie B for the Premier League's game.

JackyFulham90

I think he is a decent prospect, if Brentford give him regular games leave him there but I would like to see him tested in a championship team to see what he really is made of

General

Championship again or promotion with brentford?

hovewhite

He has to step up to championship level I think,because it pushes him to get ready for  PL standard,plus you spot your weaknesses the higher the level you play at.

Deanothefulhamfan

Interesting to see what happens with him now, he obviously knows where the goal is, which is a great talent to have.... but what could we do with him here? I guess he would be ahead of Dembele as he has more experience, but I also feel he needs to go back to Brentford for the rest of the season, or hopefully Wigan will take him with the Rosler ties in the championship....

Craven Mad

Quote from: Neil D on January 05, 2014, 07:28:07 PM
Can't see the point of packing him off to Serie B - unless he wants the move to strengthen his claim to an U21 place.  If he's not going to figure in the senior squad, he should stay with Brentford.  League 1 is a better preparation than Serie B for the Premier League's game.

Another slightly different thought..

I imagine - if Italians pay the same sort of price for nationals, as Englishmen pay for theirs - we could be sending him there because we'd get a better price (particularly with just 18months left on his contract).

I hope he makes it here, but he hasn't seemed quick enough (physically and mentally) to cope in the prem. Italy could suit him better.

Just speculation, though!

Neil D

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 06, 2014, 09:01:11 AM

I hope he makes it here, but he hasn't seemed quick enough (physically and mentally) to cope in the prem. Italy could suit him better.

Agreed.  That's why - if wants to make it in this country - he needs to stay here.  Serie B would set that acclimatisation process back.  Also, does he really want to play in front of average attendances of 5000 in Serie B compared to 16000 in the Championship if he went to Wigan, for example.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Neil D on January 06, 2014, 09:17:22 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on January 06, 2014, 09:01:11 AM

Agreed.  That's why - if wants to make it in this country - he needs to stay here.  Serie B would set that acclimatisation process back.  Also, does he really want to play in front of average attendances of 5000 in Serie B compared to 16000 in the Championship if he went to Wigan, for example.

Don't get me wrong - I completely agree with you - if the club believes there's any hope of him succeeding I hope they find him a place in the Championship. You only need to look at Burn and Kaca to see the value of even a brief spell there. And I'm sure there's a team that'd want him, too.

General

I have to say though, the thing that impresses me the most is the attitude of the players coming through now.

Here is an excerpt from Chris David's interview on the offal, which for me says loads about how they have been brought up and the difference between being brought up with the winning group and the attitude that involves..

"Over the 90 minutes, I think both teams had their chances so a draw was an honest result. I was happy to make my debut and although I'd hoped to win, we had to settle for a draw so hopefully we'll win at home when we play them in the Replay."

And here is something which i found which made me think maybe there is more to Trotta than i knew of, and that perhaps he has what it takes...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/296507/Brentford-hitman-Marcello-Trotta-is-no-plonker

An excerpt

But Trotta – who is on loan with the Bees from Fulham – is determined to succeed where Macheda failed and make it big in the Premier League.

He said: "I don't think we can compare our situations, let alone our goals.
"Federico scored a decider in the race for the title and above all he was playing for his club, while I am on loan at Brentford.

"I think we will only be able to draw parallels when I'll be able to score a goal for Fulham in the Premier League.

"For now I need minutes under my belt, I need to play.

"That's how you hit form and find continuity. That's the only way you can improve and that's the only way I can play in the Premier League one day."

Dan burn also seems like a beast of a leader... Very tall, strong presence and clearly a confident young man who is strong minded enough still to not tail any boring lines.. May even have a mind of his own. Can imagine scoring the playoff final winning goal had a lot to do with it. They also seem to have a lot of respect for one another's abilities which can only help in the long term.

They all seem a lot more level headed as to where they are with their individual progression, which i think is a great sign that the U21 league is having the desired effect of allowing players to develop further without rushing things too quickly and finding themselves out of the game before they have had a chance to get into the game.

Think this group of lads if they keep developing, and stay at the club together may be capable of winning the club some trophies and helping the club go through its longest purple patch for a while.

Craven Mad

Quote from: General on January 06, 2014, 10:44:20 AM

I have to say though, the thing that impresses me the most is the attitude of the players coming through now.

Here is an excerpt from Chris David's interview on the offal, which for me says loads about how they have been brought up and the difference between being brought up with the winning group and the attitude that involves..

"Over the 90 minutes, I think both teams had their chances so a draw was an honest result. I was happy to make my debut and although I'd hoped to win, we had to settle for a draw so hopefully we'll win at home when we play them in the Replay."

And here is something which i found which made me think maybe there is more to Trotta than i knew of, and that perhaps he has what it takes...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/296507/Brentford-hitman-Marcello-Trotta-is-no-plonker

An excerpt

But Trotta – who is on loan with the Bees from Fulham – is determined to succeed where Macheda failed and make it big in the Premier League.

He said: "I don't think we can compare our situations, let alone our goals.
"Federico scored a decider in the race for the title and above all he was playing for his club, while I am on loan at Brentford.

"I think we will only be able to draw parallels when I'll be able to score a goal for Fulham in the Premier League.

"For now I need minutes under my belt, I need to play.

"That's how you hit form and find continuity. That's the only way you can improve and that's the only way I can play in the Premier League one day."

Dan burn also seems like a beast of a leader... Very tall, strong presence and clearly a confident young man who is strong minded enough still to not tail any boring lines.. May even have a mind of his own. Can imagine scoring the playoff final winning goal had a lot to do with it. They also seem to have a lot of respect for one another's abilities which can only help in the long term.

They all seem a lot more level headed as to where they are with their individual progression, which i think is a great sign that the U21 league is having the desired effect of allowing players to develop further without rushing things too quickly and finding themselves out of the game before they have had a chance to get into the game.

Think this group of lads if they keep developing, and stay at the club together may be capable of winning the club some trophies and helping the club go through its longest purple patch for a while.

Very well put together post, thanks.

An interesting read, and convincing points. The prospect of trophies goes so far beyond my hopes right now - survival - but, in years to come, with fresher legs, good attitudes and talent coming through, it may not be so absurd as to consider we "do a swansea/wigan" and battle our way through a cup campaign.

The old age of our current squad may work in the academy's favour - current first 11 more likely to need resting/replacing, and the youngsters have so much to learn from experienced professionals like Parker, Kara, Riise, Berba, Brede etc

MJG

I'm sure some will say Trotta is crap because some Bee's fans say so, just as some were saying the same about Burn last friday.

General

Can't help but think some times that the investment in the likes of players like Kara and bent has a lot to do with the ability they can transfer to the younger players... Like bent or not, but he along with Kara, murphy and a lot of the pros we have at our club now have won things, have a great professional attitude and all seem like the type to engage with the young players.

Growing up around Berba, Parker, diarra, sidwell, amorebieta, stekelenburg and others who have all played for the big clubs, won things and found reason to be at Fulham even when they have more to offer can only bode well for the way a player views what is achievable at the club - and the appeal of being at the club.. A lot of them will have been at the club during the Europa league run too.

ToodlesMcToot

Weatlondonsport.com has Bees and Cottagers agreeing a deal that should see Trotta play out the season on loan with Brentford.

Good for him! He'll get far more minutes there than here which is exactly what he needs to continue preparing himself for this level.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Craven Mad

And he's gone again.

Back to Brentford for the remainder of the season.

Probably just renegotiating terms..