more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Walcott out of world cup.

Started by chiefo, January 06, 2014, 06:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25631561

Gutted. But who laughing now, 2.0 was it! Hoped he'd be out for our game, but blimey didn't see that coming.

KP_FFC

"@DeadlineDayLive: Arsenal are 11/10 to sign Fulham's Dimitar Berbatov following the news of Theo Walcott's serious injury."

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MasterHaynes

Sorry to hear this, he looked like he was really starting to deliver this season, big blow for him and England

rusty shackleford

i knew from the second Arsenal were being linked to Berbatov that this would happen

JackyFulham90

Berbatov is a class player but Wenger will be looking for someone a bit better & younger I feel

Big Martin Jol

A shame for England, he's a significant loss. That said we have a couple of interesting options in the wide areas - Lennon, Lallana, Townsend, Oxlade-Chamberlain etc. The latter is just coming back from injury himself so perhaps he'll get a run in the team and a chance to really stake his claim.

In a worst case scenario there's always Milner.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Pluto

Terrible news for England and Arsenal's title chances.

Luffy86

Gutting news for England!! Can't be happy for an injury to any player no matter who they play for...

But at least he won't be playing against us....

FPT

Disappointing, but we do have other options.

Andros Townsend, Ashley Young, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (hopefully comes back soon), Raheem Sterling, Wilfried Zaha (should he go out on loan).

Even if we were going for something different like a Ross Barkley, Adam Lallana or a Ravel Morrison.

I was backing us to be effective of the counter, especially as a pressing game in that heat will be awful, so it is a blow, but I have enough confidence in Townsend and Ox to be real assets in Brazil.

Jack Fulham

Its a shame. Sterling is doing all the right things at the moment though so should book his seat on the plane. Arsenal are short on strikers and wide players now although Serge Gnabry does look quite the talent.

Deanothefulhamfan

Milner has been fantastic for city when he has played this season....

I would go with rooney sturridge wellbeck as our attacking three

Burt

Shame to hear this. ACL injuries are not good news.

Count Berbatov

It's never good to see a player injured. Any player. Get better soon Teo
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"