watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pick an Englishman

Started by valdeingruo, January 06, 2014, 08:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

We all know when the final list comes out to who is going to Brazil, it is highly unlikely a Fulham player will not be on it. Pick as many Fulham players that you can actually justify sending to Brazil.
Choose from:Arthurworrey
Banya
Bent
Burn
Briggs
Brister
Betinelli
Passely
Parker
Richards
Richardson
Sidwell
Stockdale
Woodrow

Some more realistic than others, but these are the English eligable players.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Whitewash

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Big Martin Jol

Parker has been fantastic this season but his time at international level has come and gone. I'd say that Gerrard, Wilshere, Barkley, Lampard,  Carrick, Cleverley and Morrison are ahead of him in Roy's thoughts, so it would take a classic English injury crisis to get into the team.

Bent hasn't been scoring goals and frankly hasn't got a hope. Again, there's lots of people ahead of him in the queue these days in the form of Rooney, Sturridge, Defoe, Welbeck, Lambert and Rodriguez.

He's very much an outside bet, but our best prospect would probably be Stockdale. There aren't a lot of English goalkeepers getting gametime and at the moment he's really confounding the critics - including me. He'll have to keep his place and fight off the usual suspects, but other than Hart there's probably nothing set in stone. Two spots up for grabs.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

YankeeJim

The only Fulham man going will be Roy.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

JackyFulham90

Parker is good enough, but being 33 will hold him back, Stockdale has an outside chance

KP_FFC

parker is the only one there i can see in the england squad
how cleverly is ahead of him baffles me

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jack Fulham

If it were anyone then Parker. Stockdale if injuries mounted to English keepers.

Furby

Might as well put Billy Badger in that list, as he'd have as much chance as most of them.

Primate

Neither are getting there without injuries to existing members, but if there are injuries to Goalkeepers/Midfielders and Parker/Stockdale have a great season (necessating stek being out for the reason of the season probably), it's not insane to think either of those two go. Parker has a history in the team, and if Ruddy/Foster have injury/bad form/relegation problems, it's not nuts to say that the only other English regular keeper in the PL would be third choice behind Hart and Forster.

As an england fan, though, it'd be a bit of a shame if parker went unless things are truly dire or we really need some experience. Be nice to throw someone a bit younger in there to give them the experience, even if they do play for another team.

Wouldn't complain though if bent had an obscenely good second half of the season to justify a possible inclusion.

Fulham Tup North

Joleon Lescott.  And we will sign him next week!!
The Oracle has spoken.  :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Classic94

Parker. I have more chance of going to Brazil than the rest of them.

Holders

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 06, 2014, 11:03:27 PM
Joleon Lescott.  And we will sign him next week!!
The Oracle has spoken.  :)

I hope that's based on something other than a hunch! I rate him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

St Eve

Deanothefulhamfan

Stockdale has an outside chance.

Parker has been better than nearly all of England's CM this season, but will be overlooked.

Forever Fulham

Stockdale.  He's a good goalie.

Burt

filham

Vinnieffc

None. Zero. Zilch. It's questionable whether some of those should be in a Fulham side let alone England.