News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Conspiracy Theory: We are about to be Man Utd of the South?

Started by The Rock, January 06, 2014, 11:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

So, we are in 16th. We been in the League for 15 years and made it to a Europa final.

Investment between the clubs in the different leagues has formed a wider gulf than ever before. Now, you have this 470th richest person in the world who has the funds with the club. And, I don't think he is a Venky, I think he's a yank from Chicago who knows investment and returns. He is not looking to turn us into a Championship Club.

Rene is more Man Utd than DM is. Man utd should have hired Rene, but he was unproven, but he knows how it works doesn't he?

The expansion of the Riverside ensures growth.

Demps and Burn will make a difference. We need younger players, but it can be done within realistic means. We have the best academy in the country.

New coaching staff is not unattractive.

I don't think we are going to be the new Man utd of the south, but I think we will be the new Everton of the south. "Faith is the bird that sees the light of day before dawn".

JDH101

I think / hope that Khan is one hell of a smart cookie. If he bought the club and started talking to every jurno about how he was going to spend this and that and make us a force, then he knows prices for players will go up the moment we start to show interest.

I think / hope he has taken these few months to asses, I think we will bring in 2 or 3 really good players, maybe even in their 20s in this window, to make sure we stay up.

I then think / hope that next summer, he would have had a year under his belt running a club and seeing what works and what doesn't, and the real fun will start.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Rock on January 06, 2014, 11:54:49 PM
So, we are in 16th. We been in the League for 15 years and made it to a Europa final.

Investment between the clubs in the different leagues has formed a wider gulf than ever before. Now, you have this 470th richest person in the world who has the funds with the club. And, I don't think he is a Venky, I think he's a yank from Chicago who knows investment and returns. He is not looking to turn us into a Championship Club.

Rene is more Man Utd than DM is. Man utd should have hired Rene, but he was unproven, but he knows how it works doesn't he?

The expansion of the Riverside ensures growth.

Demps and Burn will make a difference. We need younger players, but it can be done within realistic means. We have the best academy in the country.

New coaching staff is not unattractive.

I don't think we are going to be the new Man utd of the south, but I think we will be the new Everton of the south. "Faith is the bird that sees the light of day before dawn".

Arguably with our transfer policy over the past few years we already are the Everton of the south.

K33NY

Its great you have come out to put in the way you do, cus I have talked to many people I know what they think will happen.

1; said Fulham would go down cus we are experiencing a Blackburn situation, lol from what I have seen, and heard from Khan he KNOWs buisines, he went from midle clann noone migrating to USA to become as you say, 470 richest man! This guy is allso a Middlesborough "fan" who couldnt even name 11 players of the team...

2: One said we where gone go down cus Fulham dont have a good coach and have been sacking alot of managers last 10 years...... I allmost laughed myself to death when he said that, I allso asked him several things about Liverpool as he is a "fan" of them as well, he as well couldnt name 11 players without looking, and last years especially under first year with Rodgers he said Liverpool was going down, and that he wasnt a fan anymore, this year he tatooed youll never walk alone.....

3: A Everton fan, and he stated, if we keep RM, and Khan throws some money for transfer, we WILL stay up, he allso said the way Fulham played Everton was one of the best performances yet, except when we totally crashed getting hammered in the end, but he saw Fulham has the passion and hunger for staying up! He allso said, with our academy, we get to see bright future players, quality coming stars, and that the expansion as you say will help enure growth and more income to the club! And that he would love to see Fulham be back up there where they where under Rodgers!

4: A old friend of me I went to school with and United fan, told me that we shouldnt worry cus RM was the right man, as long as we make sure he stays and dont leave  quickly....... He had talked to several United fans and they all stated, with RM in Fulham, we will see a much younger future in Fulham

I asked in a different thread though without answer, but will ask again here, hopefully someone answer ;)

Do you think that with Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, City, Chelsea at the top, and United (wich should never be ruled out) and as well Newcastle and Everton, do you think we can ever get back up there? to compete for Euro League? I know its way early to ask this now, but I do believe the future looks bright under RM!! And some day I think we will!!!

Sgt Fulham

Remember that Newcastle started the season very poorly and are flying. With investment it can be done, but in modern times more and more is needed to succeed. We need to be better than Soton, Everton, Swansea and Newcastle to even start thinking about Europa places again.

jmh

Everton are a well-run club with some good homegrown players and smart transfer policy.  I'd be happy to see Fulham be the Everton of the south.

Mike

Best chance of Europe maybe through a cup competition. Loved to win a cup as well.
1879 a good year for football

mullers

All I know is I'm putting things off and upsetting people again so I can watch Fulham. I haven't done that for at least a year, and I've made excuses not to travel to games because it was depressing watching the team. This is a great club that has never ceased to surprise me over the past fifty years or so. Wembley here we come!

Forever Fulham

I despise the Glaser family and the way it acquired MUFC.  American style leverage acquisition.  Debt loaded.  I am quite happy with Shahid Khan as owner of FFC.  He strikes me as much more of stand up straightforward kind of person.  I'd sure like to know how he purchased the club; that is, how financing was arranged.  But until I read otherwise, I'm going to continue to assume he did so 'cleanly'.  An extroverted Pakistani-American billionaire auto parts magnate who loves American and European style football.  And sports a giant moustache.  You can't make this stuff up.