NFR: Music

Started by K33NY, January 08, 2014, 08:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

Quote from: cmg on January 09, 2014, 02:18:10 PM
Quote from: MOR : on January 08, 2014, 10:42:38 PM

The Archies

[/size][/b]
[/size][/b]I practically listen to everything...isn't music wonderful. I'd prefer listening to my music than watching the TV.
Music is music...Yes some music doesn't appeal to certain eardrums but that doesn't mean it isn't special in it's own way...
[/size]

Far out, man! Got their 'Live' album?

I've actually got all of those "one hit wonders" somewhere in my collection.

MOR :

Quote from: Forever Fulham on January 09, 2014, 12:23:10 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on January 09, 2014, 12:04:29 AM
Quote from: MOR : on January 08, 2014, 10:42:38 PM
I like a wide variety of music & bands...

Brighouse and Rastrick Band
St. Winnifreds School Choir
Joe Dolce Music Theatre
Goombay Dance Band
Windsor Davies and Don Estelle
The Archies
Althia & Donna
Floaters
Simon Park Orchestra
Typically Tropical
Norman Greenbaum
Renée and Renato
Toni Basil

I practically listen to everything...isn't music wonderful. I'd prefer listening to my music than watching the TV.
Music is music...Yes some music doesn't appeal to certain eardrums but that doesn't mean it isn't special in it's own way...

Nothing wrong with Norman Greenbaum! As for the rest...  090.gif
Agree.  Toni Basil and The Archies?  Words fail...

It's probably more like...Mott The Hoople, Be Bop Deluxe, Bill Nelson, The Specials, Stone Roses, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Etta James, Jimi Hendrix, Queen, Bowie, B.B.King, The Jam, Small Faces,  Laurel Aitken, Pink Floyd, Ding Dong Daddios, T.Rex, Kinks, Ray Charles, Ian Dury, The Clash, Faith Brothers, Toots & The Maytals, Lou Reed and nearly anything on the Trojan record Label...

ltd-ffc

no chas & dave fans then ..................
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

FFCJag

Anything Blues or Classic Rock for me. Some really good names already on the Board, but have to add Peter Green w/ Fleetwood Mac, Mark Knopfler, Tom Petty, Lightnin' Hopkins and John Lee Hooker!

epsomraver

Real fan of soggy biscuit

Forever Fulham

"I met her on the way to Dallas,
Working at the Burger Palace."

Mott the Hoople

The Equalizer

Quote from: ltd-ffc on January 09, 2014, 04:20:17 PM
no chas & dave fans then ..................

I saw Chas and Dave play in July. I swear the entire crowd only goes to see them for 'Rabbit'. Good fun to watch, but 5 minutes later you're back at the bar chatting to your mates while they're still playing!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Chopper

I like all both kinds of music, Country AND Western.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Chopper

Seriously though, I like all kinds of music. I love discovering new stuff that does something interesting. These days I listen to a lot of 6music which does a great job of introducing me to both new bands and older ones I never investigated before. Marc Riley's show from 7-9pm is a must listen for me.

Favourite bands/artists include; The Pixies, Nirvana, Mogwai, Ramones, The Specials, Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin, The Sonics, Johnny Cash, Fugazi, Jethro Tull & Status Quo.

I still like a bit of Prog too. Was a huge Marillion fan back in the day and love early Genesis, Floyd & Yes as well as the 80s bands like IQ, Pallas & Pendragon.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

mangoputney

Dave Grohl is my idol... anything in and around his work / genre floats my boat
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Travers Barney

Half man half biscuit...it was a dodgy transformer again and again......my scaletric never worked and my old man didn't have a clue about sorting out the situation.

Blinding.

coyw
We are the whites

somerset cockernee

I will more than likely alone in this ...I do like opera...and I'm deadly serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYRZOEzoOgQ&list=PLF055363F2A9F5924

Travers Barney

11 59 bit of Debbie at this late hour stirs the loins before a 6 pointer

coyw
We are the whites

God The Mechanic

Just got back from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra in Manchester - holy balls do they put on an incredible show.  Played the Brandenburg Gat eon NYE in front of 1 million people too.  Shame they aren't as popular over here as they deserve to be - show/performance and sound to fill a stadium but didn't even sell out the Manchester Apollo.

reillers

interesting to see that a lot are into alice in chains- phenomenal band.
Also listen to slayer, pantera stone roses oasis therapy? showtek eminem- a real eclectic mix of music!!

While we are on the topic of music does anyone remember the single keith allen did with Al Fayed- We are Fulham I think it was called??
One in a million- Irish and a Fulham fan!!!

epsomraver

Quote from: Chopper on January 10, 2014, 01:04:42 PM
I like all both kinds of music, Country AND Western.

know a joke about c& w music, wouldn't get away with it on here though.

Forever Fulham

Wasn't there a 70s country song about how all country music seems to include one of at least seven different themes: momma, trains, gettin' drunk, cheatin', prison, pickup trucks...?  I think it was Tom T. Hall. 
The song proceeds with the singer explaining that he wanted a hit song, so he "put them all together".  "I was drunk the night my ma got out of prison." And it became a big hit.

CorkedHat

Quote from: somerset cockernee on January 10, 2014, 08:42:48 PM
I will more than likely alone in this ...I do like opera...and I'm deadly serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYRZOEzoOgQ&list=PLF055363F2A9F5924

I absolutely love opera as my friends on this forum will know, but I also enjoy the fifties and sixties when people like The Hollies, Procol Harum, Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, The Everleys, Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochrane, The Platters, Frankie Laine, and Johnnie Ray reigned supreme. I also love classical music and James Rhodes the pianist in particular. I would love to write his biography one day.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

zschwartz

lately angel olsen, the dead ghosts, white fence, heavy times, saralee.

overall tom waits, talking heads, velvet underground