Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 09, 2014, 08:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Just shows some footballers have no brains
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Sgt Fulham

No brains for having a party within the apparent privacy of his own home in a costume playing on 'Jager Bomb'? Not exactly what constitutes to no brains. People are too sensitive in my honest opinion. Yeah if he had gone to a party outside his home in a suicide bomber costume as the article first suggests then I would understand.

Sammyffc

Ive worked in nightclubs for 6 years and i've seen so many people dressed as the ' jager bomber ' . If you are wondering jager ( Jagermeister ) is a drink . Jagermeister mixed with red bull is called a Jager Bomb . The most popular mixer/shot type drink there is at the moment. This is once again just poor journalism , a reporter could find about 100 students a night in london dressed in the exact same .

Brede Butter Pudding

Mixed feelings about this - on one hand I agree with the sentiments about the photo being taken in his own home. It was a party he and his girlfriend organised with close friends and as such to have such a photo leaked by supposedly trustworthy friends is very poor form and something I sympathise with. It was in the privacy of his own home and had the party been elsewhere, or in a public place, I'm sure he wouldn't have worn the outfit, and so the leaking of the situation is unfortunate and not something that was warranted.

That said, he's not an idiot. Before he signed for Fulham he had been offered a place at Loughborough University to study for a degree. He's one of the more intelligent footballers out there, and so regardless of whether the outfit is popular in student bars across the country or on high streets every weekend, he is still a professional footballer who has represented his country and as such should understand what comes with such a position. I am in no doubt that he meant no harm by wearing that costume, but considering his public image and the potential risk of exposure it does seem a naive and slightly stupid outfit to wear. I personally feel no animosity to people wearing those as I too see them out all the time, but for an international footballer to wear one, regardless of whether it was in his own home or not, is asking for trouble in my opinion.

PokerMatt

24 year old lad tries to have a laugh at a party he organised himself.

Oh no, what a disaster. If people are offended by this they need to wrap themselves in a bubble and withdraw from any contact with the outside world or the media.

I'll tell you what's a bit worse. Actual suicide bombers.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

leonffc

Pretty much agree with everything written in posts above.

I'm surprised the media haven't made more of the fact that he has been dressed as an England player in public!!

rusty shackleford

SKSW6

Pathetic that this is a FRONT PAGE story, like there's nothing more important in the world right now. It wasn't so long ago that a picture of a guy wearing a similar fancy dress outfit (presumably the first time it was ever done) was being circulated on Facebook and Twitter with everyone commenting that it was funny and quite clever.

rusty shackleford

The sun done this at halloween too with 2 non famous 18 year old girls at a random party dressed as the twin towers.

Like, it was done in bad taste, and they shouldnt have done it, but for a national newspaper to run it on their front page and potentially ruin these kids lives (they were getting dogs abuse from morons on fb and twitter etc) is a joke. God damn scumbags

SKSW6

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 09, 2014, 09:53:51 AM
The sun done this at halloween too with 2 non famous 18 year old girls at a random party dressed as the twin towers.

Like, it was done in bad taste, and they shouldnt have done it, but for a national newspaper to run it on their front page and potentially ruin these kids lives (they were getting dogs abuse from morons on fb and twitter etc) is a joke. God damn scumbags

Yep. Not sure if it was The S*n or some other rag, but they then showed the pictures to families of 9/11 victims and interviewed them for their reaction. It's incomprehensible just how irresponsible that kind of "journalism" is.

Pluto

Don't see a problem with this at all- quite a funny little pun in my view.

Aside from that it was for a party in his own home. As far as I'm concerned people should be allowed to do whatever they wish within their own homes as long as it's within the confines of the law.

JBH

Quote from: Pluto on January 09, 2014, 10:09:45 AM
Don't see a problem with this at all- quite a funny little pun in my view.

Aside from that it was for a party in his own home. As far as I'm concerned people should be allowed to do whatever they wish within their own homes as long as it's within the confines of the law.

I have to agree, it was in his own house so what the hell has it got to do with anyone, what he really needs to do is look at the so called friends he has and see which one of the toe rags sold the picture to the press.
 :028:

K33NY

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 09, 2014, 09:13:27 AM
No brains for having a party within the apparent privacy of his own home in a costume playing on 'Jager Bomb'? Not exactly what constitutes to no brains. People are too sensitive in my honest opinion. Yeah if he had gone to a party outside his home in a suicide bomber costume as the article first suggests then I would understand.

:plus one:

Nero

And now days Gazza with his fake plastic boobs would be seen as sexist and degrading to women whilst at the same time Jordan is held up as some kind of role model