Main Menu

Xbox One

Started by LukeJennings, January 09, 2014, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 09, 2014, 01:40:35 PM
Quote from: K33NY on January 09, 2014, 01:38:04 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 09, 2014, 10:54:37 AM
Got it on PS4. I wish they would just make one system so that everybody could play with everybody else. Sorry for not being much help, but just a question - How do you find FIFA 14 compared to previous FIFA games?

how is PS4? been considering buying it but not sure if its worth it just yet

At the moment its just a glorified PS3, id highly recommend waiting till its cheaper

what I thought, was supposed to get one here for a review but it never came.... and cant get a hold of one for testing right noe either...

fulhamben

Quote from: K33NY on January 09, 2014, 06:30:09 PM
Got it on PS4. I wish they would just make one system so that everybody could play with everybody else. Sorry for not being much help, but just a question - How do you find FIFA 14 compared to previous FIFA games?

At the moment its just a glorified PS3, id highly recommend waiting till its cheaper

what I thought, was supposed to get one here for a review but it never came.... and cant get a hold of one for testing right noe either...
the problem is, that both xbone and ps4 rushed their releases to try and out do each other. they knew full well that the games wernt ready but tried to rush them through anyway. thankfully most good games were delayed, but its annoying when you get games like battlefield 4 and you have to wait weeks for them to patch it just so you can play a still unfinished version of it. halfway through the year would be a good time to pick it up as there should be some decent next gen games by then
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

K33NY

Quote from: fulhamben on January 09, 2014, 06:37:39 PM
Quote from: K33NY on January 09, 2014, 06:30:09 PM

the problem is, that both xbone and ps4 rushed their releases to try and out do each other. they knew full well that the games wernt ready but tried to rush them through anyway. thankfully most good games were delayed, but its annoying when you get games like battlefield 4 and you have to wait weeks for them to patch it just so you can play a still unfinished version of it. halfway through the year would be a good time to pick it up as there should be some decent next gen games by then

Well it isnt excactly like that

When Sony announced PS4 they had allready 3-4 main games to be ready with the release, Xbox though rushed it, PS4 was planed all time to be released when it was supposed to. But then the studios developing the games announced that the games would be delayed, and Sony started to get nervous cus of that.

Biggest problem with Xbox and why they rushed theire console was because of the extreme negative feedback they got when they releaved it and its features, while Sony announced a pretty 100% game machine where you could be allowed to play used and borrowed games, Xbox announced a so to say 90% entertainement system focusing on movies and other stuff rather than games. This caused Sony to get a huge advantage of Xbox, and people started preordering, and Xbox had to completely turn around to satisfy theire customers etc.

andreweasby

Xbox One

EasbyFFC

If someone is on tonight might have a couple of games...

ToodlesMcToot

Firstly, I really do enjoy the new version. I have a couple of ?'s though.

1)Anyone spent enough time with it on XBOX360 and XBOX One to note any significant differences?

2)Am I alone in feeling that, as with most any recent iteration of the game, that EA's definition of opposing AI is not all that different from cheating at times? For instance, often enough a gamer's player is cemented to his position when receiving a pass while the computer player is allowed to move in from behind and steal. Many times I've noticed that while the computer player attempts at tackles more often than not are successful with the player coming away with the ball while the gamer's attempts at tackling, when successful at getting to the ball, almost always result in what could best be described as amounting to a thru ball for the oposition. It's also quite frustrating to see free kicks doled out almost 4 or 5 to one against. It just seems to me that EA have been complacent in improving this aspect of the game.

One thing is for certain, they come no where near close to giving Berba enough credit for his first touch, strength, and ability to hold the ball from defenders.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 09, 2014, 10:17:10 PM

1)Anyone spent enough time with it on XBOX360 and XBOX One to note any significant differences?

2)Am I alone in feeling that, as with most any recent iteration of the game, that EA's definition of opposing AI is not all that different from cheating at times? For instance, often enough a gamer's player is cemented to his position when receiving a pass while the computer player is allowed to move in from behind and steal. Many times I've noticed that while the computer player attempts at tackles more often than not are successful with the player coming away with the ball while the gamer's attempts at tackling, when successful at getting to the ball, almost always result in what could best be described as amounting to a thru ball for the oposition. It's also quite frustrating to see free kicks doled out almost 4 or 5 to one against. It just seems to me that EA have been complacent in improving this aspect of the game.

One thing is for certain, they come no where near close to giving Berba enough credit for his first touch, strength, and ability to hold the ball from defenders.

Couldn't agree more, although this doesnt affect your gameplay too much when playing other people.

The Equalizer

What's the overall consensus on these consoles after nearly 2 months of them being out? Is the PS4 or Xbox One better?

I'm a 360 kid, but prior to that I had a PS1 and 2. The 360 is the best console I've ever played. I think the PS3 was a better machine in terms of graphics and power, but XBox nailed it with the exclusive releases, i.e., Gears of War, Skyrim, Oblivion. Also, the Xbox control pad is perfect. The PS controller is awkward. This is why I'm still very much tempted to err on the side of XBox, plus I love the media centre that you get with it.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 10, 2014, 08:28:32 AM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 09, 2014, 10:17:10 PM

Couldn't agree more, although this doesnt affect your gameplay too much when playing other people.

Yes. I do have a Career Mode - centric point of view.

Just for a fun example, I played a thru ball to Bent last night in a cup match vs Blackpool. Bent, w an 81 Accel and 78 Sprint, was playing off their shoulder and got outrun going away by Kirk Broadfoot and Craig Cathcart, who both have less than 65 Accel and less than 70 Sprint.

It's still fun to play and beat, but I just wish they would take a bit more time to make it less obvious how levels of difficulty are really applied.

ToodlesMcToot

Still curious to hear a comparison between the XBOX 360 and XBOX One versions of FIFA 14. Anyone?