watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz replacement...

Started by JackyFulham90, January 09, 2014, 02:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Ruiz seems to be close to joining Real Betis for the rest of the season, hopefully Chris David can step up & be his replacement

FPT

Rene Meulensteen has used a number 10 in just one of his matches this season, and that was Hull to fit Ruiz into his second 11, so I don't think we'll go down that road of a 4231 under Meulensteen.

However, I do hope Chris David will get more games, but in the Giorgos Karagounis role of dictating a game of football.

Deanothefulhamfan

I would have Karagounis over David.... I think he has been really decent thos season.

Taarabt is a good replacement for Ruiz imo.

ltd-ffc

he was bright in norwich game however I am not totally sure he is ready yet especially considering the end of table we are tinkering over i would much rather have david start than ruis but the again I would much rather have a 4231 with sidders and parker holding and then dempsey left kasami central and dejagah right and berba up front or maybe slot taraabt and berba in together with one playing of the other
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

os5889 mkII

Replacement for Ruiz at Fulham sat next to Brian Kidd: -

@OsmithFFC

nose

i don't understand the headline post
we do need a replacement for ruiz, he was useless and did nothing. the few that still apologies for him saying he has talent and could have made it if he would have played in a fictitious 'other' or 'more suitable' position overlook one thing.
he doesn't put in the effort.
even at hull he was conspicuous by his absence. other players offered opportunities like this by rene have at least put in the effort, ruiz did not, it is not in him so to do.
if he prospers elsewhere, good on him but i do not think spain is going to be that easy.

rene clearly needs to get a few new players and what we need is quality and application from them.

westcliff white

i hate us loaning players out that we may wish to sell, i cant remember of the top of my head any player we loaned with an option to be bought every being bought.

If we are to off load just sell him.
Every day is a Fulham day

God The Mechanic

Quote from: westcliff white on January 09, 2014, 02:44:28 PM
i hate us loaning players out that we may wish to sell, i cant remember of the top of my head any player we loaned with an option to be bought every being bought.

If we are to off load just sell him.

He is probably at his lowest potential sale value right now.  Loan him out to a more suitable league and maybe recoup more money.  Even if he has an indifferent season over there his value won't diminish much from what it is now.  If he has a good season he could add a couple of million to a transfer fee...

westcliff white

a dutch colleague of mine is telling me betis are paying a 2 million loan fee and his salary and that we have to date only paid 8 million for him. who knows what is true
Every day is a Fulham day

FFCAli

Quote from: westcliff white on January 09, 2014, 03:01:02 PM
a dutch colleague of mine is telling me betis are paying a 2 million loan fee and his salary and that we have to date only paid 8 million for him. who knows what is true
If that's true it's good.  When does his contract expire?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FPT on January 09, 2014, 02:16:32 PM
Rene Meulensteen has used a number 10 in just one of his matches this season, and that was Hull to fit Ruiz into his second 11, so I don't think we'll go down that road of a 4231 under Meulensteen.

However, I do hope Chris David will get more games, but in the Giorgos Karagounis role of dictating a game of football.
I think Taarabt and Kasami have played off the striker before.

hovewhite

its a shame but ruiz hasn't produced in the last year and he seems to have got worse.

MJG

Taking his place in the squad so no one forgets him will be:

God The Mechanic

Riverside

Done already
Don't look at the wings or CM - Ruiz was neither
Look at 10
Look at where Taarabt played his last couple of matches
Taarabt has replaced Ruiz