watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, let me get this right

Started by Admin, January 10, 2014, 11:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

It seems as if the majority of the media are writing us off this Saturday in favor of Sunderland, whom, if I might add, beat a very, very poor United side without pulling up any tree's their selves.

As per usual, we get no credit what so ever for our wins up at Norwich or at home to West Ham, but get slated at every opportunity for our freak 6-0 defeat at Hull.

This game seems to be geared up for a Sunderland performance, with raving reviews on how Poyet is turning things around, what Poyet the cheat who encourage his players to dive, go to ground or move the ball about to waste time.

So, as far as the media are concerned, Poyet is in for Capital glory, with a win that will kick start their season, they will punish Fulhams leaky defense as they rise up the league to safety and all is forgiven.

I never like to tempt fate, but I really hope we smash the granny out of this lot on Saturday now to prove a point.

Brede Butter Pudding

I genuinely feel more confident when the media write us off - whenever I see that moron on the BBC (Lawro) back us, which he rarely does, I actually lose confidence going into the match.

I couldn't care less what the so called 'experts' think of our current situation. As fans who attend or watch every game, we have the best idea as to how our team is currently faring and I too hope, and think, we will beat Sunderland tomorrow.

WhiteJC

according to most of the press we never win because we play well, we only win when the other team plays badly or are unlucky  fp.gif

RaySmith

I prefer it when everyone backs us to lose - less pressure on the team, and because of superstition and Fulhamishness.

A bit worrying that Lawro, who has said nice things about the club in the past, backs us to win though.

But I'm hoping for another committed, disciplined display, but with  greater tightness at the back, and a positive result for Fulham.

Holders

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 10, 2014, 11:41:34 AM
according to most of the press we never win because we play well, we only win when the other team plays badly or are unlucky  fp.gif

It's been like that since I started supporting Fulham in 1962 and I don't suppose it'll ever change.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bulgariawhite

Come on guys. We went to Hull believing we had turned the corner with some good performances, and got stuffed 6-0. Sunderland have just had a good result against Man Utd and all is rosey. So lets burst the bubble like it happened to us and get a positive win and bring them back to earth. Like someone posted, media pundits never see a whole match, just highlights, or reading somebodies elses match report. We know our team and coaches. This match matters and we will be up for it. We are playing to win every match, sometimes it goes wrong as it did at Hull. However we returned and forgot that blip, and went on and won. The media have never looked at Fulham as the darlings of football for years. We will win!!! but the media attitude will never change.

Burt

I feel nervous about this one.

There have been so many false dawns over the years, and deep down I truly believe that RM has stopped the rot and we have turned the corner.

But this is the sort of fixture which has proven to be a banana skin in the past.

It would be Fulhamish if we lost.

It would be proof that RM is on the right tracks if we won.

I am hoping it is the latter. It would be good to put a little bit of distance between us and Sunderland, not to mention the bottom 3 generally.

COYW!

ltd-ffc

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on January 10, 2014, 11:29:04 AM
I genuinely feel more confident when the media write us off - whenever I see that moron on the BBC (Lawro) back us, which he rarely does, I actually lose confidence going into the match.

I couldn't care less what the so called 'experts' think of our current situation. As fans who attend or watch every game, we have the best idea as to how our team is currently faring and I too hope, and think, we will beat Sunderland tomorrow.
and this time he predicts a 2-0 in our favour haha
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Admin

Quote from: ltd-ffc on January 10, 2014, 01:10:08 PM

To be honest, he did predict that we'd win 2-1 up at Norwich. We've looked at this before in more detail, he has gotten more right with Fulham than people seem to realise.

Rupert

Quote from: Admin on January 10, 2014, 01:16:01 PM
Quote from: ltd-ffc on January 10, 2014, 01:10:08 PM

To be honest, he did predict that we'd win 2-1 up at Norwich. We've looked at this before in more detail, he has gotten more right with Fulham than people seem to realise.

I think it all comes from the Europa final season, when had his predictions been 100% accurate we would have been relegated, rather than comfortable mid-table.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Parkway Drive

Couldn't agree more  :plus one:

Logicalman

I really don't mind the press writing us off, we've had to put up with it from those idiots on Fox Sports for many, many seasons over here, and it means this time Sunderland on to a hiding to nothing. If they win, its expected, if they draw or lose, they are a crap in the eyes of the press. As for us, we can only gain success from any result.

Admin

Have this funny feeling that Taarabt is going to burst on to the scene sometime soon, hopefully Saturday. He's been boiling over the past few weeks.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Admin on January 10, 2014, 02:28:54 PM
Have this funny feeling that Taarabt is going to burst on to the scene sometime soon, hopefully Saturday. He's been boiling over the past few weeks.

I prefer Kasami playing in 'the hole' behind Berba. However my opinion may be clouded by years of drinking with HaHa fans in my old local  :012:

Danitar

I'm with you admin sick of the media not giving any credit to us. Like you I hope we smash blunderland tomorrow and send them down to the championship.

FPT

What I find funny is, if Mark Lawrenson's predictions had been right all season, we'd be 10th! I wouldn't mind that!

I agree, but I don't terribly care either. I like being the underdog, the team "out of it's depth" with lack of a better word. Even when we were solidly finishing in the top 10, at the start of each season it felt as though the media were guessing "is it this one? It's got to be soon!"

The results maybe haven't changed massively but the performances (which the press don't see), the belief, and the guts are back at Fulham FC. If we get a bit of luck along the way, I do think we'll be well clear of the drop, though this season is a reality check for the board, supporters and club that this is a very strong possibility.

Deanothefulhamfan

Not really too fussed what the media say, they have a clouded judgement because of their result against Man utd.... ok they may on the up under poyet, but they are still bottom, and look certain to go down.

We on the other hand have beaten villa, and west ham at home and look revitalized under RM.... this game is must win though, a draw is a terrible result, and a loss puts under massive pressure for the rest of the season.

On a separate point, taarabt has been turning it around in recent weeks, and is the exact sort of player to cause Sunderland problems

mangoputney

IF... IF we turn up and have a little more composure than we did against WHU & ten men, then this has home banker all over it

All down to the players to earn the 3 points

Very wary that Sunderland appear to be scraping some fortuitous results, faith in Parker to captain us home
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation