How much would rebuild Fulham FC?

£10m
£15m
£20m
£25m
£30m
£35m

FPT

I think we all agree that should we stay up, this squad is in line for a much needed overhaul, getting rid of the likes of Damien Duff, Giorgos Karagounis and Aaron Hughes from age.

Realistically, we could be getting rid of:

David Stockdale - Through frustration of not playing.
John Arne Riise - Through age.
Aaron Hughes - Age.
Philippe Senderos - Through quality. Not a lynch, I like Senderos but we've got to sell centre backs to buy.
Elsad Zverotic - Through quality.
Giorgos Karagounis - Through age.
Damien Duff - Through age.
Derek Boateng - Frustration of not playing.
Adel Taarabt - End of loan.
Bryan Ruiz - We all know.
Dimitar Berbatov - End of contract.
Darren Bent - End of loan.

That's a lot of players, 12 to precise.

Now baring in mind:

Cardiff spent £32m on 9 players, including Magnus Eikrem
Norwich spent £23m on 6, excluding Javier Garrido (couldn't find a fee).
Aston Villa spent £18.5m on 7 players including a free.
Crystal Palace spent £27.5m on 14 players including 5 free transfers.
Hull spent £10m on 7 players, excluding loan deals, including 4 free transfers.

That's just a general of teams around us, although if you want to look at Stoke, West Brom, Newcastle, West Ham etc, it's relatively simple too, I think only Newcastle spent less than us, not helped by the late take over.

Deanothefulhamfan

15 million.... We have an incredible academy and I believe half of the players on this list can be replaced by our youngsters.

That means we will be a couple short, but if the money is well spent, we can replace these without spending too much money.

ltd-ffc

i said £35 million just because i feel we need a few signings in early 20's ravel for instance and to get a proper replacement for berba long term we should be looking around 10 alone.
I feel a few flashy signings, a couple of bargains and instead of loan deals if we have quality in our team already then get some of the youth involved instead
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

JackyFulham90

I also think our academy players can replace some on that list

Hughes (Burn)
Karagounis (David)
Duff (Plumain)
Boateng (Christensen)
Bent (Dembele)

Obviously we need maybe 2 this window & 3 or 4 in the summer but let's give the youth a chance as we have some quality players coming through

Deanothefulhamfan

I disagree ltd.... I am not overly keen on the Morrison idea joining us, I don't feel he is a significant improvement on kaca imo

west kowloon white

30 or 35 million one of the two needed for a genuine upgrade not a sticking plaster job..if Rm is to stay on ,integrate youth,stay up and.become a solid top half team,Win a few against the top five.Everton of the South will do me...but that sort of money will be required .Let's see what Khan sanctions in the next couple of weeks and summer...their is a shedload of dross available.

grandad

Six £5 mil quality players should tide us over till the kids come through.
Where there's a will there's a wife