Stock dale
Reither Amor Senderos Riise
Duff Sidwell Parker Dempsey
           Taarabt
           Berba

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

alexbishop

I suppose Taarabt could play on the left with Dempsey in behind too...maybe they will interchange
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

rusty shackleford

Bench Etheridge, Richardson, Hughes, Kasami, Kacaniklic, Dejagah, Bent.

Jamie88

What is Rene's preference for starting Duff ahead of Dejagah I wonder? Must be purely down to Duffs defensive duties I would've thought

Barrie

my thoughts too!  Be amazed if we keep a clean sheet.

alexbishop

Thanks.

We have good options on the bench which is good.

I would have played Dejagah over Duff
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

farfouille

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 11, 2014, 02:09:28 PM
What is Rene's preference for starting Duff ahead of Dejagah I wonder? Must be purely down to Duffs defensive duties I would've thought

Tell me about it, I was just about to ask the same OBVIOUS question. Anyway, I trust Rene - he's a better manager than me...
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Barrie

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 11, 2014, 02:09:28 PM

I was going to ask the same thing.  What is it that he is seeing that I'm not, because on the face of it Jags carries a threat that Duff doesn't?

Lighthouse

On paper it has no pace at all. Tarrabt is the only player that will run at players at pace. Still Rene has managed to pick odd teams that on the whole seem to put in a performance. How we need one today. COYW
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alexbishop

I see an important part of a team are the pairings in it...

The central defensive partnership
The central midfield partnership
The partnership between a striker and second striker/no.10
And equally as important, the partnership between the winger and his full back.

Reither and Dejagah have a good partnership down that right hand side, so I would expect a manager to recognise that and play them together...

Duff will, I suppose, provide good defensive cover.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

grandad

So little pace from front to back. A dour grind looks on the cards.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Northern Cottager

Guinness records are in the stands and we're going for worlds oldest and slowest football team. I don't get the lack of Kasami and Dejegah!

farfouille

Let's hope we will see Kasami for Dempsey/Taarabt and Dejagah for Duff early in the second half.

COYW  049:gif
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

grandad

Just hope we don´t let Adam Johnson in the box as sure as eggs are eggs he will have a dive.

alexbishop

Quote from: grandad on January 11, 2014, 02:25:10 PM
Just hope we don´t let Adam Johnson in the box as sure as eggs are eggs he will have a dive.

I am certain we will concede a penalty today...Johnson running at Riise or Senderos, it makes me feel slightly ill
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

St Eve

Let's hope your wrong because if that is the case we will probably be losing

K33NY

I still have a good feeling :) Dempsey scores one and Berbatov I think! 2-0 is my hhope and prediction, call me optimistic, but I want to stay that way! :)

Jamie88

Quote from: K33NY on January 11, 2014, 02:31:20 PM
I still have a good feeling :) Dempsey scores one and Berbatov I think! 2-0 is my hhope and prediction, call me optimistic, but I want to stay that way! :)

:plus one:

Exactly my thoughts K33NY!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: K33NY on January 11, 2014, 02:31:20 PM

I think you're right. This game is made for Dempsey to get one on his return! Taarabt and Berba should have a field day too.

grandad

Can´t post on Matchday thread. C´mon mods, switch it on.