News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lost an important battle but not the war !

Started by One Martin Thomas, January 11, 2014, 05:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One Martin Thomas

We're not down.  Game has highlighted what we all knew before the match about the defence.  We are well into January now, what are we going to do ?  Who are we going to buy ?

Parker has to be given a defined role as he appears to be doing too much and he can't do it all.  We need a defence and a good midfielder to sit in front of them and protect it.  Should it be Parker ?  Not sure that's his role.

Come on Rene.  If you are the man (and I think you are), step up and sort this lot out.  Those players want a proper going over after today.  They owe us three points in the next match and a spot in the next round of the cup.

No more missing MOTD.  COYW.

Jamie88

I admire your enthusiasm, I wish I could feel like that.

But right now, I can't think we even have the slightest hope of surviving. Just look at the fixtures throughout this month, Feb and March. If we can't even get a draw at home to the side placed 20th, I can't see us surviving.

Another question, which has been brought up before by somebody, is what player would want to join Fulham at present?

PokerMatt

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 11, 2014, 05:21:27 PM
I admire your enthusiasm, I wish I could feel like that.

But right now, I can't think we even have the slightest hope of surviving. Just look at the fixtures throughout this month, Feb and March. If we can't even get a draw at home to the side placed 20th, I can't see us surviving.

Another question, which has been brought up before by somebody, is what player would want to join Fulham at present?

I hate to say it but  :plus one:

I hate that I feel like this. I'm usually optimistic but all I saw today was that any team with one good attacker will tear us to shreds. West Ham's were unfit.

Even after Hull it just seemed like a freak result, there's something about today that has made me think that's it, we're gone. I can't put my finger on it yet.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MrProphet

Sorry but we are gone and our club is an embarrassment.

I would like to think I'm being hysterical but on evidence I'm not

Berserker

I think we need loin girding for the rest of the season
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Barrie

Today was so crucial, so to lose and to lose so badly I think might well be the moment we reflect on at the end of the season as where it all slipped away.  Knee-jerk reaction?  I hope that's all it is, but I can't see us staying up.

Deanothefulhamfan

Whiteroom

Oh my god what a bunch of complete doom mongers. What a lot of defeatist rubbish. We are so obviously not gone, or relegated. Bookies aren't stupid and I think that if we were probably going to get relegated then the odds would be different.

Bedford White

Re: Lost an important battle but not the war !

I hope this wasn't our Waterloo!

farfouille

Quote from: Whiteroom on January 11, 2014, 08:02:00 PM
Oh my god what a bunch of complete doom mongers. What a lot of defeatist rubbish. We are so obviously not gone, or relegated. Bookies aren't stupid and I think that if we were probably going to get relegated then the odds would be different.

I am pretty sure bookies predictions will change after this match.
Anyway, I think that it all depends on Rene's reaction to our defense performance. I don't know if we need to rely on Hangeland and Burn or on new signings, but playing Senderos is just ridiculous. He really is a donkey - physically and mentally.  
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Scrumpy

Quote from: Whiteroom on January 11, 2014, 08:02:00 PM

+1. If Berba had scored the first chance, things could have been so different. We ARE improving. Last time I looked we're not even in bottom three. It will be tough, but we're certainly not down.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.