watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please Rene...

Started by UKCFFC, January 11, 2014, 05:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKCFFC

...play with a 4-3-3 formation. In Rene's first few games in which we played 4-3-3, we looked like a very good team, especially the matches against Aston Villa and Man City.

Playing three in the centre of midfield lets one concentrate on helping out our very wobbily defense whilst the other two can help out the attack.

Right now, even with Parker playing, we are just letting teams run over us.

K33NY

I would rather ask, please renee, sort out the deffence, get us some younger players in and realise that our defence is completely embarrasement......

UKCFFC

That is true, we do need some defensive additions but some more help from the midfield in defending which is so much easier with three in the centre of midfield wouldn't hurt.

K33NY

Quote from: UKCFFC on January 11, 2014, 05:50:51 PM
That is true, we do need some defensive additions but some more help from the midfield in defending which is so much easier with three in the centre of midfield wouldn't hurt.

or even getting in a DM to play as anchor man to help our back 4... I think we would be much better with a formation like these if players where available:

-----------GK---------------
LB----CD--------CD-----RB--
-----------DM---------------
------CM---------CM--------
LW-----------------------RW
------------ST---------------

or

-------------GK--------------
LB------CD-------CD-------RB
----------DM--DM------------
------------------------------
LW----------OM------------RW
-------------ST---------------

One of the DM as anchor man, and one as a Ballwinning DM who pushes up for central midfield when attacking
call me crazy but I think its the best way to sop conceding these redicilous goals......

Twig

Quote from: UKCFFC on January 11, 2014, 05:50:51 PM

It's not just defenders, we need a spine.  From keeper, through CB's, centre mid to a striker who can hold up the ball.  This was Roy's strength, he fully understood the need to make us hard to beat.  Maybe occassionally a bit dull but when did we ever capitulate to the Hulls and Sunderlands of this world under Roy?

For that reason I would focus my transfer priorities on 2xCBs + Murphy replacement +  forward who can hold up the ball.  (Oh yes and get the No 1 keeper back).  Forget the relative luxuries of LB, more wide players they can wait till the summer.

Jims Dentist

[sizInclined to agree with UKCFFC, when playing 433 we were so much better. Could be because Kara was one of the middle 3, gave us more passion and urgency.
Cant help but wonder if Rene is still solely picking the side.
SAturday's selection lookes so much like a WIlkins team. In the first 10 minutes we retaines posession but barely got put of our own half due to side or back passes and a lack of pace in the team. Not like it was due to lack of players, as there was pace on the bench.

Scrumpy

Spot on, UKCFFC.

Parker, Sidwell and Karagounis should be the first names on the team sheet.

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

MOR :

I'm afraid it's not the formation but the players...some really just aren't up for the fight...

hovewhite

MOR you are correct,but I think karagounis should be playing I would also try to get some youth in defence ideally burn and play 3 centre halfs and have sacher and richardson as wing backs.

Steks
            Burn brede hughes
Sacha.                            Richardson
                Nosy sidwell
                    Dempsey

Berba or bent