watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

curbishley and wilkins

Started by nose, January 11, 2014, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

we have gone backwards from the moment the two arrived. i think rene is being interfered with.
from a pacey team with width and adventure we have gone back to a negative jol like side.

rene must get rid of those two and revert to the side and style that took on spurs so well....

play 4 1 4 1 with parker deep
play kaka and dejagah wide
step up the tempo make the wide players really stay wiode to stretch the play

no more duff, no dempsey
that will fix everything

K33NY

totally agree, as soon as they came, the bright light i saw in the tunnel vanished....

Barrie

How do we not know it was the new manager bounce we saw?  He is the manager, he makes the team selections, and if he let's other people interfere with that process then he is not cut out for the job.

Baszab

Unusually I agree with you
terrible tactics today
Both full backs totally exposed - no wingers - nobody tracking back - all central and then a quick diagonal to full backs who are both well over 30 - then we are completely vulnerable to counter attacks - some really poor performances
And then a decision to attack all out at 1-2 when they should have stabilised the game for 10 minutes - ---- and a crap ref on top of everything giving a foul everything a player goes to ground
Very depressing - need 6 more wins - where from ????

Fen82

Could be a case of to many cooks! Every manager has his own ideas on things maybe all three chucking out there's is confusing things eh

K33NY

Quote from: Baszab on January 11, 2014, 06:34:45 PM
terrible tactics today
Both full backs totally exposed - no wingers - nobody tracking back - all central and then a quick diagonal to full backs who are both well over 30 - then we are completely vulnerable to counter attacks - some really poor performances
And then a decision to attack all out at 1-2 when they should have stabilised the game for 10 minutes - ---- and a crap ref on top of everything giving a foul everything a player goes to ground

villa, cardiff west brom, norwich, hull, palce, at least thats the matches wich are the only ones giving me hope right now... but we need the style, effort and winning mentality from the former villa game to do so...

nose

Quote from: Baszab on January 11, 2014, 06:34:45 PM
terrible tactics today

my point is that before curbs and wilkins we seemed to be going on the right diorection, wince they turned up 'to help' we have not played the same style. I think the two things are linked.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: nose on January 11, 2014, 06:27:25 PM
we have gone backwards from the moment the two arrived. i think rene is being interfered with.
from a pacey team with width and adventure we have gone back to a negative jol like side.

rene must get rid of those two and revert to the side and style that took on spurs so well....

play 4 1 4 1 with parker deep
play kaka and dejagah wide
step up the tempo make the wide players really stay wiode to stretch the play

no more duff, no dempsey
that will fix everything

Your first paragraph hit the nose, no pun intended, on the head.  I felt the same thing when both negative appointees were hired.  Wilkins was a flop last time he was here, and one remembers Curbishley's boring, stale Charlton football of years gone by.

"Curbs" has even tried to convince RM to buy some average players from West Ham - a back-hander there with his former club?

But Fulham have regressed since the two arrived, the 0-6 defeat very reminiscent of a Jol performance, far cry from RM's first few games when Fulham played fast, exciting football.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Fen82 on January 11, 2014, 06:37:47 PM
Could be a case of to many cooks! Every manager has his own ideas on things maybe all three chucking out there's is confusing things eh

I was going to write a forum message with the title "TOO MANY COOKS" after Wilkins was appointed, as I feared the worst ( and its happening).
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

alfie

Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 11, 2014, 07:21:33 PM

I was going to write a forum message with the title "TOO MANY COOKS" after Wilkins was appointed, as I feared the worst ( and its happening).

and yet he was praised so highly at Chelsea, somehow i don't think it is necessarily down to Wilkins, was he here when we played westham and norwich,
my feeling it is just poor players.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

Quote from: alfie on January 11, 2014, 08:25:03 PM

and yet he was praised so highly at Chelsea, somehow i don't think it is necessarily down to Wilkins, was he here when we played westham and norwich,

We had stared the Ray the crab style at the West ham game, same at Norwich, Nose is right, we have gone back to the Jol days since those two arrived and it is no coincidence

alfie

Quote from: epsomraver on January 11, 2014, 09:15:05 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 11, 2014, 08:25:03 PM

We had stared the Ray the crab style at the West ham game, same at Norwich, Nose is right, we have gone back to the Jol days since those two arrived and it is no coincidence

So i am gathering from this you must think that RM is not coaching or they are not coaching to his requirement's, after all i do remember many many times on here being told the manager not the players or the coaches or the tea lady is totally responsible.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Baszab

Nose - you're right again - also Kit was there with RM when they played that faster tempo stuff - now it's Butch's narrow slow stuff again

grandad

Get rid of the two. Leave it to Rene & Kit. We were starting to look good until those 2 arrived. You just can´t have 3 senior coaches. Madness.
Where there's a will there's a wife