watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Is The Point?

Started by Tonywa, January 11, 2014, 06:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

What is the point of the Dempsey move when his fitness is plainly not up to Prem standards and by the time it is, he will be due to go back to the States?

nose

never go back is also an adage.
he contributed little today and really is unlikely to do anything than upset the players who have been left out for him.

Sgt Fulham

Dempsey today was not the problem. I agree that the 2 month loan is stupid, but he got no service today and when he had the ball he played simple attacking balls. I'm British by the way, please don't attack me.

Logicalman

Well, it's not like he was any worse than Berbatov or Bent, was it? If an unfit Dempsey can have as much (or little) effect on the match as our two esteemed strikers, the problem isn't with the loanee.

Whiteroom

I support the loan. I think that he can add some steel and motivation into the squad. If he can chip in with a few goals then happy days. Was never going to be at the top in the first league game. I think it'll work out.

Pluto

I think it was as much a PR move to appease fans as it was a move that would actually add something to our team

Lighthouse

Sorry but I have been looking for the thread that asks what is the point of Berbatov. He missed two chances then spent the rest of the match pushing players or standing offside. So Dempsey only being here for a few month IS pointless. But he is not and was not the problem. Step forward at least 7 players ahead of him. Step forward the club as well. Disgusting the way the club has allowed us to be in this awful state.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Well, had Taarabt picked his head up instead of deciding to play catch with Mannone, we would've seen why Dempsey is here. He did just exactly what earned him one helluva final contract in MLS - put himself in wonderful position to score that opening goal - which likely would've produced a much different game from there on out.

Having said that, with Johnson playing on the right, why Rene made the absolutely boneheaded decision not to use both Riise and Richardson on the left is beyond me.

With our defense as it's standing now, there is no room for that many "luxury" players (Berba, Dempsey, Taarabt).
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

epsomraver

Dempsey was played far too deep today, when Tarrabt went off he should have been pushed forward to striker.

leonffc

Dempsey did not contribute today what ever position he was supposed to play in. Too slow and not worth us trying to bed him in just to get his World Cup place settled.

epsomraver

Quote from: leonffc on January 11, 2014, 09:56:29 PM
Dempsey did not contribute today what ever position he was supposed to play in. Too slow and not worth us trying to bed him in just to get his World Cup place settled.

Sorry don't agree at all from where I sat, he did a darn sight more than Berbatov, I bet he cannot believe the crap football we play now from his previous time with us.