more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So... Tuesday night

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, January 11, 2014, 08:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

What does Rene do with the team?

Do we stick the youngsters out, wave the white flag and just give up on the cup (let Norwich deal with a lengthy cup run)?

OR

Put the first team out, hopefully get through and give the squad a confidence boost?

Thanks to @MJG1966 on Twitter for the idea

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Berserker

I'm saving the £30 train fare and not going now
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

DukeTyrion

I am one of the people who believes that cup results can lift league results, so I say full team (except for any with minor knocks) and go for it.

David Allen Crankshaw

I will be travelling down from Manchester for the match. Train tickets have been bought, hotel booked and match ticket purchased. I expect the strongest team to be put out on the night and I want a win so I can go to Sheffield for the next round. I do not want to endue another miserable journey home like I've had today..

nose

best 11
a good win will lift the place. we must get back to the way we played when rene took over

epsomraver

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on January 11, 2014, 09:35:51 PM
I will be travelling down from Manchester for the match. Train tickets have been bought, hotel booked and match ticket purchased. I expect the strongest team to be put out on the night and I want a win so I can go to Sheffield for the next round. I do not want to endue another miserable journey home like I've had today..
:plus one:

hovewhite

I'm going as whatever level we've played at I have always supported the team, however stick with todays team that will be another defeat.get burn in and tell brum to sod off as we need him,I know give brum sendeross and the rest of the defence on todays rubbish performance.

Bassey the warrior

I'm all for playing a strong team but I'd also like to see Burn and David get another crack at it. Could be they're good enough to feature in our run of games.

KP_FFC

play they youngsters, at the moment they are our strong team

ScalleysDad

Not sure some of today's rabble deserve a second chance and should in fact be told publicly that their performances are not good enough. Go home and sulk or work on crosses, corners and shooting and earn your place back. Actually thinking on it our set plays have reverted to rubbish again so everybody should join in on that one. As has been said Burn must start, David was better than any option today and Kaca and Dejagah must be shown a bit of faith. If Riise , Amborieta, Duff and Berbatov start I would suggest RM is no longer in charge.

akf

I'm coming in from Tokyo for a few weeks, and this is the only game at the Cottage during my trip. Would like to see a strong side, just no longer sure what that is.

NogoodBoyo

Give youth the experience.  That's who will be with us next year - hopefully.  Play a similar team to the one in Norwich.
Nogood "out with the old and in with the new, isit" Boyo

grandad

Our strongest 11. That does not include Stockdale, Riise, Senderos, Berbatov, Dempsey, Duff, Bent, Boateng,
Where there's a will there's a wife

Robbie

Play the kids and see what they can do

Scrumpy

I want a trip to Sheffield!

A strong squad with maybe 1 or 2 youngsters. More first teamers on the bench to finish the job if they need to.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Berserker

Play the youngsters
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Rodge

I have travelled from Manchester for the game today too and do so for all home games, the journeys back are getter harder each time. Play the youngsters on Tuesday, maybe we can feel positive about some of the ones coming through because looking at the squad we have used so far this season I can't see any reason to be optimistic about our chances of survival. Either that or Khan enters into the transfer market big time over the next few weeks!

thebumponleroyshead

My Villa supporting mate called this as a potential banana skin, Sunderland have been in great form, sod what should or shouldn't have happenend 1-4 is really bad. We're looking 'doomed' right now but there just needs to be 3 crapper teams for us to draw a line under this calamity of a season if we go into the last three games with the table not too dissimilar to what it is right now surely its not a fait a compli. When things are tight like they are from 13th downwards 7 points from 10 games keeps you where you are are or moves you up one or two. I'm not giving up, nor is Rene, Scotty, Patjim, Brede plus two dream signings on the way..... :022:
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

JBH

Re:
Quote from: Berserker on January 11, 2014, 09:23:26 PM
I'm saving the £30 train fare and not going now

Me neither if the players can't be bothered nor can I 065.gif

But I would play the younger members of the squad and leave out Berbatov and all the loanees

Alan

Quote from: DukeTyrion on January 11, 2014, 09:26:15 PM
I am one of the people who believes that cup results can lift league results, so I say full team (except for any with minor knocks) and go for it.

Or, do you play the kids, & then when they play their hearts out (whatever the result) use it to remind the first team players what it's like to give a t*ss?
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?